Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Senators prospect watch part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
He had like the the 5th highest PPG over a 4 or 5 year period in the entire NHL. He was an elite center. Saying he wasn't a game changer is one of the most uninformed options ever shared here.

I remember eating a lot of free pizza slices after watching the Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson line score a lot of goals.

Reactions: Duncstar

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Marc Methot was a great defenseman who never had high point totals...not even in junior. He was also 6'4 and a great skater. Little early to write off a defenseman because of his point totals :laugh:

Pre junior he was actually a smaller offensive dman just fyi.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Ah. Isn't he playing forward now?

Other way around.... he played fwd until his pre-draft season I believe and played some fwd in his first year of NCAA due to necessity but he has been a D for the better part of the last 6/7 yrs and all of the past 3

Looking like a good 5th round pick.

The big knock on him seems to be streakiness... he started slowly, then was piling up points, and then I think went 9 or 10 games without a pt before this goal... hopefully he can end the season on a strong note and hopefully UNH wins the next 2 games

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Other way around.... he played fwd until his pre-draft season I believe and played some fwd in his first year of NCAA due to necessity but he has been a D for the better part of the last 6/7 yrs and all of the past 3

The big knock on him seems to be streakiness... he started slowly, then was piling up points, and then I think went 9 or 10 games without a pt before this goal... hopefully he can end the season on a strong note and hopefully UNH wins the next 2 games

I like the way he plays. Not very big but he's tenacious and has good offensive instincts

Reactions: aragorn

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

The fact he even has the ability to have hot streaks as an undersized freshman is a huge positive.

Reactions: Bileur

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Sure, 60 goals is incredible in the CHL.

That doesn't mean that you'e a legit NHL prospect though.

Look at Dane Fox, he had 64 in his overage season. Luchuck had 50 and 115 points last year in his.

Both those guys weren't able to just muscle everyone away either, and both those guys had great skating.
This kids got from a 13th round pick and turned himself into a goal scoring beauty. He recives awful coaching and has next to no support cast. North Bay has 3 people in the top 100 in scoring around the OHL lol use that for reference. But he has dragged this team to playoffs all on his own. He has show tremendous progress each year he’s been here and it’s been a treat to watch, If they'res any one Ottawa should take on its Braz, we’ve had success with sub par skating in the past

Reactions: aragorn

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Unfortunately, Tychonick and JBD’s seasons came to an end tonight in a 4-2 loss to DU. I was super impressed with both again. Tychonick played a solid 2-way game and JBD was constantly pushing the play towards the DU net. If UND had better forwards, I’m sure both would’ve had more points this year. One more year of seasoning would probably do both players some good, I imagine. They should be ready after that, though.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Unfortunately, Tychonick and JBD’s seasons came to an end tonight in a 4-2 loss to DU. I was super impressed with both again. Tychonick played a solid 2-way game and JBD was constantly pushing the play towards the DU net. If UND had better forwards, I’m sure both would’ve had more points this year. One more year of seasoning would probably do both players some good, I imagine. They should be ready after that, though.
Thanks for this

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
They should move Anderson , buy out Condon; Sign Nilsson , Sign Daccord; Play Gus and Dacc in Belleville, Play Nilsson and Hog in Ottawa.

I hope they can Daccord to agree to this model. Not sure he will.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
They should move Anderson , buy out Condon; Sign Nilsson , Sign Daccord; Play Gus and Dacc in Belleville, Play Nilsson and Hog in Ottawa.

Totally agree with that plan.

Pretty sure Condon is already ruled out, most logical seems to be a buy out.

If can’t trade Anderson, then can’t sign Nilsson. All the rest should go as you said

Reactions: DrEasy

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Nice way to end the season for both of them.... if even one of them turns out to be a NHL level forward that would be a nice luxury and it seems within the realm of possibility

I hope they can Daccord to agree to this model. Not sure he will.

I would move Anderson, keep Condon, sign Nilsson, sign Daccord.

Keeping Condon will give us some flexibility, help us reach the floor and as the season goes on maybe he bounces back a little and we're able to do max retention and trade him for like a 6th

Buying out Condon would only save 1mil anyways and if we get rid of him & Anderson we'd be shedding almost 7m in cap space

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Senators To Try To Sign Josh Norris

The month of March is one where teams often look to lure players out of college with the hopes of adding them to their lineup down the stretch. While the Senators can’t do that with the currently-injured Josh Norris, Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman reports (video link) that Ottawa is still likely to try to convince him to forego his final two years of college eligibility and sign in the coming weeks.

Saturday Headlines: Nets coming off pegs a talking point in NHL - Sportsnet.ca

Reactions: Icelevel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad