Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Senators prospect watch part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I've never watched this guy play buuuuut...with that size and some decent production in earlier years there has to be something very wrong there for him not to have been picked up already.

My guess would be that he skates about as well as I do. I'm on the wrong side of 40, FWIW, and skating has never been my best hockey skill.

The link I posted claimed that his skating has improved drastically over the last few years. Maybe he is a late bloomer. At 6'6 and nearly a goal per game he is certainly worth taking a serious look at.

Reactions: Cosmix

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Justin Brazeau's skating is indeed terrible. I'm not a fan of his, but if he would sign here I'd be on board. An okay prospect who would at the very least fill a roster spot in Belleville without using a draft pick.

He reminds me a lot of ex-Battalion Nick Paul, for what it's worth.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Don't you find it interesting that no one else likes this, why do you suppose that Kelly is not looked at as a possible good prospect coming next yr? He was terrific at the rookie tournament in Laval last yr too.

No wow factor.

Isn't he an overager in WHL this year?

Just cracking PPG doesnt bode well for pro scoring ability...but he may be useful as a role player.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
No wow factor.

Isn't he an overager in WHL this year?

Just cracking PPG doesnt bode well for pro scoring ability...but he may be useful as a role player.
19 years old

Doesn't have much offensive ability, gets his goals the same way Lazar did; he works harder and earns his goals.

4th on his team in scoring, the highest he's finished over his career (tied with last year), scoring about the same as he's getting assists, doesn't usually bode well for non-goal scorers transitioning to pro.

He's a depth prospect

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
On the subject of Paul...is he going to start next season in Ottawa? Seems like he's played his way to another shot.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
On the subject of Paul...is he going to start next season in Ottawa? Seems like he's played his way to another shot.
Doubtful I think for a couple reasons. Left wing depth right now we have Tkachuk,Balcers,Smith, a mix of maybe duclair/lindberg or Gibbons returning and adding Formenton(next season?)/Abramov( 2 years?). Paul also cleared waivers twice over the last 2 seasons.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I think Paul gets another shot.

TSN1200 had an interview with Mann and they mentioned a conversation with Dorion, where they talked about how dominate Paul is at the AHL level, and how a different voice might help him take those necessary steps into the NHL.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
At some point total contract is going to become and issue. Dorion needs to make sure he doesn't loose value on all the assets while ensuring we don't end up with 50 "Chapliks". Selling high on prospects is tricky because we will have fan crushes on these guys.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018

TSN1200 had an interview with Mann and they mentioned a conversation with Dorion, where they talked about how dominate Paul is at the AHL level, and how a different voice might help him take those necessary steps into the NHL.

He should absolutely get a shot. Boucher never gave the guy a legit chance to become a mainstay. Would be happy to have him. On the 4th line with Pageau.
Doubtful I think for a couple reasons. Left wing depth right now we have Tkachuk,Balcers,Smith, a mix of maybe duclair/lindberg or Gibbons returning and adding Formenton(next season?)/Abramov( 2 years?). Paul also cleared waivers twice over the last 2 seasons.
I think Balcers can play RW and I think that might be the play for him long-term. Especially if we miraculously land Lafreniere next year. Paul definitely deserves a shot in the Bottom 6. Balcers should be in the top 6 next year. At least get some looks.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

Absolutely .

I don't really consider Paul a prospect anymore so he's the perfect type of young player that has produced in the AHL to be here next year as a lineup filler.

That way our high upside prospects get more suitable time in the AHL in the top 6.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Yeah, I wouldn't mind an AHL 3rd line next year. Paul - Brown - Batherson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad