Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Senators prospect watch part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Really looking forward to the Drake's 1st. full NHL season with the Sens...it may even get me to a Sens game in November when I'm in town on work related matters. well, him and Chabot.

Should be a top 5 ROTY candidate...

and if he finishes the season with a stint with Team Canada....it will be a hugely successful rookie season.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
My list only includes those prospects/players who IMO have a shot at making the NHL full time. I expect that a couple others could make it too although maybe not in Ottawa but I also expect that Ottawa should fill a few more spots in the upcoming two or three drafts. And let's not forget that Ottawa already has three players or more who are still quite young & should be on the roster for the foreseeable future in Chabot, White, Tkachuk.

1. Logan Brown C - has the size & skill to be a top line centre in the NHL. (2020)
2. Drake Batherson RW - has all the tools & skills to be a top line forward. (2019)
3. Eric Brannstrom LD - has the skill set to be a top pairing NHL defenceman. (2020)
4. Josh Norris C/LW - has all the tools & skill set to be a top line NHL centre or LW. (2020)
5. Lassie Thomson RD - has the skill set to be a top pairing NHL defenceman. (2020)
6. Alex Formenton LW - has the speed & skill to be a 2nd or 3rd line NHL forward. (2020)
7. Shane Pinto C/RW - has the size & skill set to be a 2nd or 3rd line NHL forward. (2021)
8. Filip Chlapik C/LW - has the skill set to be a 3rd line centre or LWer in the NHL. (2019)
9. Marcus Hogberg G - has the size & skill to be a #1 goalie in the NHL. (2019)
10. Christian Wolanin LD - has the skill set to be a 2nd pairing NHL defenceman. (2019)
11. Christian Jaros RD - has the size & skill set to be a 2nd pairing NHL defenceman. (2019)
12. Filip Gustavsson G - has the skill set to be a #1 NHL goalie. (2020)
13. Jacob Bernad-Docker RD - has the skill set to be a 2nd pairing NHL defenceman. (2020)
14. Max Veronneau RW - has the skill set to be a top 6 NHL forward. (2019)
15. Johnathan Davidsson RW - has the skill set to be a top 6 NHL forward. (2020)
16. Nick Paul C/LW - has the size & skill set for a 3rd or 4th line NHL forward. (2019)
17 Mark Kastelic C/RW - has the size & skill set for a 3rd or 4th line NHL forward. (2020)
18. Mads Sogaard G - has the size & skill set to be a goalie in the NHL. (2021)
19. Parker Kelly LW - has the skill set to be a pesky NHL forward. (2020)
20. Maxime Lajoie LD - has the skill set to be a 3rd pairing NHL defenceman. (2019)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
There's a pretty interesting thread on the prospects board about "do no draft" lists with one poster who's been relaying stories about when he claims to have been a scout for an NHL team. If he's lying about it, he's doing a good job...

Worth a read for anyone curious about how teams might treat their DND lists.

Do not Draft lists

Reactions: derriko

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
There's a pretty interesting thread on the prospects board about "do no draft" lists with one poster who's been relaying stories about when he claims to have been a scout for an NHL team. If he's lying about it, he's doing a good job...

Worth a read for anyone curious about how teams might treat their DND lists.

Do not Draft lists

I would not be surprised if Logan Brown made a couple of DNDs. I know some teams were scared of his perceived lack of work ethic.

Reactions: derriko

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
He has the potential to really surprise some people. He has NHL speed and more skill than I thought. I think he makes the team this year.

He did this as a 20 year old in the SHL... Looks pretty good. Looks to me to be a long-term middle 6 scoring winger, kinda like Dzingel, although I don't think Dzinger was this good at 22. Really excited to see what Davidsson brings to camp.

Reactions: Variable26

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hmmm.... Submitted without comment.

Relevant part is the bottom chart btw

Last edited:

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Hmmm.... Submitted without comment.

Also, when I looked at the charts there was no mention of JBD or Tychonick

EB8QCa3X4AUOpqA

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Also, when I looked at the charts there was no mention of JBD or Tychonick

EB8QCa3X4AUOpqA
Kind of odd having Alsing ahead of our last two first round picks...

No goalies ranked too which presumably we would have helped us if they were included

Worth noting this is probably a very heavily if not exclusively statistical model

Link to the full data
Tableau Public

Last edited:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
He has the potential to really surprise some people. He has NHL speed and more skill than I thought. I think he makes the team this year.

He did this as a 20 year old in the SHL... Looks pretty good. Looks to me to be a long-term middle 6 scoring winger, kinda like Dzingel, although I don't think Dzinger was this good at 22. Really excited to see what Davidsson brings to camp.

I like Davidsson waaay better than Abramov.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad