Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators' started by Frenchy, Mar 3, 2019.
Damn, gotta get me some deep down cleaning
Senschirp just posted a ranking of our prospects (22 and under), not a bad ranking even if I disagree with some placings. Worth a read imo.
- Ranking Ottawa's Current Batch of Prospects
Really looking forward to the Drake's 1st. full NHL season with the Sens...it may even get me to a Sens game in November when I'm in town on work related matters. well, him and Chabot.
Should be a top 5 ROTY candidate...
and if he finishes the season with a stint with Team Canada....it will be a hugely successful rookie season.
My list only includes those prospects/players who IMO have a shot at making the NHL full time. I expect that a couple others could make it too although maybe not in Ottawa but I also expect that Ottawa should fill a few more spots in the upcoming two or three drafts. And let's not forget that Ottawa already has three players or more who are still quite young & should be on the roster for the foreseeable future in Chabot, White, Tkachuk.
1. Logan Brown C - has the size & skill to be a top line centre in the NHL. (2020)
2. Drake Batherson RW - has all the tools & skills to be a top line forward. (2019)
3. Eric Brannstrom LD - has the skill set to be a top pairing NHL defenceman. (2020)
4. Josh Norris C/LW - has all the tools & skill set to be a top line NHL centre or LW. (2020)
5. Lassie Thomson RD - has the skill set to be a top pairing NHL defenceman. (2020)
6. Alex Formenton LW - has the speed & skill to be a 2nd or 3rd line NHL forward. (2020)
7. Shane Pinto C/RW - has the size & skill set to be a 2nd or 3rd line NHL forward. (2021)
8. Filip Chlapik C/LW - has the skill set to be a 3rd line centre or LWer in the NHL. (2019)
9. Marcus Hogberg G - has the size & skill to be a #1 goalie in the NHL. (2019)
10. Christian Wolanin LD - has the skill set to be a 2nd pairing NHL defenceman. (2019)
11. Christian Jaros RD - has the size & skill set to be a 2nd pairing NHL defenceman. (2019)
12. Filip Gustavsson G - has the skill set to be a #1 NHL goalie. (2020)
13. Jacob Bernad-Docker RD - has the skill set to be a 2nd pairing NHL defenceman. (2020)
14. Max Veronneau RW - has the skill set to be a top 6 NHL forward. (2019)
15. Johnathan Davidsson RW - has the skill set to be a top 6 NHL forward. (2020)
16. Nick Paul C/LW - has the size & skill set for a 3rd or 4th line NHL forward. (2019)
17 Mark Kastelic C/RW - has the size & skill set for a 3rd or 4th line NHL forward. (2020)
18. Mads Sogaard G - has the size & skill set to be a goalie in the NHL. (2021)
19. Parker Kelly LW - has the skill set to be a pesky NHL forward. (2020)
20. Maxime Lajoie LD - has the skill set to be a 3rd pairing NHL defenceman. (2019)
There's a pretty interesting thread on the prospects board about "do no draft" lists with one poster who's been relaying stories about when he claims to have been a scout for an NHL team. If he's lying about it, he's doing a good job...
Worth a read for anyone curious about how teams might treat their DND lists.
Do not Draft lists
I would not be surprised if Logan Brown made a couple of DNDs. I know some teams were scared of his perceived lack of work ethic.
2:21 is when they start the 1-1 drills. Get to see Crosby go against Batherson.
He has the potential to really surprise some people. He has NHL speed and more skill than I thought. I think he makes the team this year.
He did this as a 20 year old in the SHL... Looks pretty good. Looks to me to be a long-term middle 6 scoring winger, kinda like Dzingel, although I don't think Dzinger was this good at 22. Really excited to see what Davidsson brings to camp.
Hmmm.... Submitted without comment.
Relevant part is the bottom chart btw
Also, when I looked at the charts there was no mention of JBD or Tychonick
Kind of odd having Alsing ahead of our last two first round picks...
No goalies ranked too which presumably we would have helped us if they were included
Worth noting this is probably a very heavily if not exclusively statistical model
Link to the full data
That Tableau software is amazing.
I like Crookshank and think he showed very well at Dev camp. He should not have been cut or let go to trim down.
Really doesn’t matter. He’s primed for a big year.
It always matters when you get cut.
I like Davidsson waaay better than Abramov.
Annapolis Valley's Drake Batherson looking to crack Ottawa's roster for 2019-20 NHL season | The Chronicle Herald
Yeah I’d like to see a scenario where Batherson plays in Ottawa and brown is in Belleville without Batherson by his side at least to start. Let brown develop a bit more and get comfortable playing with others. Maybe even spark another wingers offensive potential. Not that bath relies on brown all year.
Ottawa ranks 4th for prospect pool, seems a bit high but hey, nice to see something positive.
NHL farm system rankings: Best, worst prospect pipelines for 2019-20, from 1 to 31
Brady Tkachuk is the best forward Ottawa has ever had
Separate names with a comma.