Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Senators prospect watch part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Is Pinto playing in the showcase? If yes, is he showing well? Thought he looked pretty decent at camp. He kinda reminds me of White, Norris, Lazar, Formenton etc. Atheltic with some skill and finish.

Reactions: derriko

Hun

Apr 8, 2019
Is Pinto playing in the showcase? If yes, is he showing well? Thought he looked pretty decent at camp. He kinda reminds me of White, Norris, Lazar, Formenton etc. Atheltic with some skill and finish.
Pinto 1+0 for 3GP
Gruden 1+2 for 4GP

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Forgot to PVR this, for those watching be nice to know your impressions of Thomson and Tychonick.

Don't think either had their best games.

Thomson was great defensively. Was physical and used his speed to his advantage when defending, but showed sub-par decision making with the puck and didn't get a chance to show off his shot. Was playing on the #2 PP behind Heinola and Honka, which was surprising.

Tychonick looked overmatched. Not good enough offensively to be a PP guy, not good enough defensively to be a key PKer. Doesn't look promising for him to make the team.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Got to see a few mins of Drake Batherson training with Crosby and the others. He's a stud, he's just so damned smooth. I hate the Penguins but holy hell is Crosby on another level. There were quite a few people on the ice (def Marchand but not sure I saw MacKinnon) but Crosby sticks out immediately. Drake does too because of his size.

Also, call me crazy but I think Jack Hughes was there too. I could have sworn it was him but I couldn't stay to check it out.

Anyway, it was only 2 or 3 mins of live viewing, but Drake is hard at it this summer and looks amazing. That is all, carry on with your day.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Got to see a few mins of Drake Batherson training with Crosby and the others. He's a stud, he's just so damned smooth. I hate the Penguins but holy hell is Crosby on another level. There were quite a few people on the ice (def Marchand but not sure I saw MacKinnon) but Crosby sticks out immediately. Drake does too because of his size.

Also, call me crazy but I think Jack Hughes was there too. I could have sworn it was him but I couldn't stay to check it out.

Anyway, it was only 2 or 3 mins of live viewing, but Drake is hard at it this summer and looks amazing. That is all, carry on with your day.
Yeah it was Hughes.

Along with Marchand, Batherson, Crosby, Mack, Shaw, MacDonald, both Barrons (I believe, at least 1) plus other high end guys depending on the skate.

Last edited:

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Tychonick's biggest problem (imo) are his pivots. He does fine winning puck battles in the defensive zone, and he's obviously a good puck mover when he has it on his stick, but he's really struggled in these summer games to pivot with a forward attacking. Teams attack him to the outside every chance they get. He's a good skater, but loses a step when transitioning. Led to the Thomson goal against Finland.

Hopefully more playing time at UND helps him get up to speed.

On another note, Byram and Lavoie are dominant.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Tychonick's biggest problem (imo) are his pivots. He does fine winning puck battles in the defensive zone, and he's obviously a good puck mover when he has it on his stick, but he's really struggled in these summer games to pivot with a forward attacking. Teams attack him to the outside every chance they get. He's a good skater, but loses a step when transitioning. Led to the Thomson goal against Finland.

His skating problem sounds correctable. Hopefully he overcomes it.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast

We all knew Tychonick was going to be a project, we just have to be patient with him and let him bake.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
EAztu8tWwAE39gD.png:large

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Pinto was pretty much invisible. Didn't do a whole lot to improve his chances of making the team.

Still not sold on his upside. Reminds me quite a bit of Bowers, who I project as a 3rd/4th line guy at best.

Thought Gruden was pretty impressive though. Great IQ and work ethic. Expecting good things from him in London this year.

Reactions: Karlstrobe

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Funny because I hold JBD in higher regard than all of those prospects aside from maybe Brown.

Yeah same here, though i also like Thomson about the same.

That said i don't begrudge anyone for having those guys in a different order, they all have their arguments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad