Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Senators prospect watch part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Anyone got any ideas on who those euro league could be?
We have been linked to Joakim Nygard.. apparently it is between us & Calgary

He's 26, very fast, and has done quite well in the SHL the last few yrs. 45 pts and 26g in 67 games for Farjestads this year including playoffs

Pius Suter is a guy who we have been linked to in the past but he is signed with ZSC until the end of 2022-23. If we're looking to the NLA Id be interested in Dominic Zwerger

Reactions: DrEasy and senswon

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
every playoff game cbj wins it feels more and more like duchene will re-sign there. 3 first round picks in 2020's LOADED draft class would be ****ing phenomenal.

We currently have 2 first round picks and 3 second round picks in 2020. With the Karlsson and Duchene situations we stand to gain another 1st in 2020 and in 2021.

So it is possible that we could have 3 firsts and 3 seconds for 2020.

Reactions: NB613

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
We currently have 2 first round picks and 3 second round picks in 2020. With the Karlsson and Duchene situations we stand to gain another 1st in 2020 and in 2021.

I am inclined to think we will take on at least 1 cap dump before the draft so will likely get another 2nd for either 2019 or 2020. There is no shortage of high end teams that will need to get creative to improve and fit under the cap.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
If any year would be a year to focus on development over winning this would be it

Next draft could be the key to our rebuild. As far as I know San Jose 1sr is unprotected and if we end up with Columbus first it will be unprotected as well. There is at least a possibility that things could work out very well for the Sens

Reactions: derriko

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014

Hey, we’re talking about the Sens here - the team that could goof up on pouring a glass of water. Sorry, but the hockey gods are never gonna let us get 2 bonus first round pick!

Reactions: NB613

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Hey, we’re talking about the Sens here - the team that could goof up on pouring a glass of water. Sorry, but the hockey gods are never gonna let us get 2 bonus first round pick!

I disagree. The hockey gods had mercy for us. Colorado had the best chance to pick number 1 overall with the pick we traded and it fell all the way to 4. Maybe the hockey gods will help us once again.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Is it wrong of me to prefer we draft top 3 than make the playoffs?

I'm just tired of being mediocre. Would much rather get a foundational piece than get destroyed in round 1.

Ideally, I think we miss next year, but show progress finishing just outside the playoffs, and manage to win the lottery (whether with our pick or someone else's).

I like our prospects right now, and another top 5 pick to the mix next year would be huge, but our mid term success, and long term for that matter, is going to rely on goaltending. Anderson is gonna retire soon, and we need one of Gustavsson, Hogberg, or D'accord to become a legit starter.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Is it wrong of me to prefer we draft top 3 than make the playoffs?

I'm just tired of being mediocre. Would much rather get a foundational piece than get destroyed in round 1.

This is in fact the only reasonable wish...we aren't going to be competing for the Cup with our current prospects. I think we have some great pieces and solid producers but we need a couple dynamic forwards and obviously some help on RD.

I think we can show progress and take a step without moving up the standings too much...our D coverage needs to improve a lot before we will win consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->