2018-2019 season prediction: Columbus.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
:cbj

Curious as to how my fellow HF members view the CBJ this season. After getting bounced yet again in the first round to the Stanley cup champs, CBJ are looking to make the playoffs for 3 years in a row (never thought I’d ever be able to even type that).

Predict how you think the Jackets will do.
Will they make the playoffs for a 3rd straight year? Where do they finish in the metro/eastern conference?

Last edited:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Wennberg has to show up for columbus get past the 1st round.

He was MIA last season.

So true. I posted this on the CBJ board but he scored in his first pre-season game and after the game he was asked something along the lines of “Coaches have Harped you about shooting the puck more. Tonight you did that and scored a goal. Will you be leaning toward a more shot making offensive style this season?” And he simply replied “not at all”... since replying that way, he’s had no shots on goal in the last two pre-season games.

Last year was a horrid year for him. Dubois overtook 1C with ease. This year is a MUST bounce back year for Wenny.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
They'll keep their stars past the deadline, put up 105 points and contend for a division title, lose to the Penguins or the Capitals in the playoffs, then lose one or both of their stars.

That team and its fans deserve to catch a break. I don't think this is the year.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
On the ice, I expect they will make the playoffs. There's a lot of talent there. If everything goes right, like a healthy season and a bounce back from Wennberg, then they could be a high seed and do some playoff damage.

Off the ice, I am concerned about Panarin and Bob. Their situations could become a distraction, which could hurt the on-ice product. And nothing would be worse for that franchise than to have both players leave. Even if they get a return in a trade, losing both would be a disaster.

Keep in mind, this is an admittedly simplistic view of the team. You asked for an outsiders view, and I'm giving you one from someone pretty far outside. I'd actually love to hear what CBJ fans expect. Do you think Breadman or Bob will stay? What do you expect from Wennberg?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->