2018-2019 Roster Talk, Part 5

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Incredibly hard.

They just can't EVER make the common sense move. It always has to be the hard way.

Sanheim on the left? Nah.
Ghost with Provorov? Nope.
Konecny used properly? No.
Myers replacing trash? Never.

Showing one goddamned minute of patience with Bob instead of making a franchise wrecking signing? No.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Round 2.

Youth vs Impatience

DING DING

GoodnaturedGoodnaturedFrenchbulldog-size_restricted.gif

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Btw, the next time I hear someone say we shouldnt buy MacDonald out this summer i'm going to find you and fight you. He's never getting waived to the AHL again. He's always going to play above someone he shouldnt. Its that "A" on his sweater. He MUST be bought out this summer.
f*** him and the fact that he wears an “A” the leadership needs a makeover, G is the Captain he’s fiesty and I’m sure not afraid to say anything to anyone on the team, Couts seems like the strong silent type, more of a lead by example type guy, Simmer is self explanatory I think he’s perfect wearing his “A” he is the emotional one, AMac come on guys you have better leadership available than him, Jake, Gudas, and TK seem like another emotional type leader that would be worlds better than AMac, hell even Ghost, Provy and Patrick will be wearing them in the future, also I think the Flyers have almost always had a Dman wearing an “A” or “C” but in short f*** AMac he’s hot garbage and this organization needs to stop holding shitty players up so high because of intangibles, it’s a shitty example

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I think it’s someone higher than Gordon and Fletcher on the food chain who is demanding he has to go play. My guess is Paul Holmgren. He loves the guy. He was willing to go higher in term and AAV FFS when he signed him.

Eh, Holmgren always moved on from mistakes fairly quickly, even when it hurt financially. I also think Holmgren is well past the days he actually cares to be involved in personnel decisions to that level.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
I could never understand how and why guys who suck ass like McDonald are given special treatment like they did something amazing, and they’re given this loyalty like “hey we know you suck but you’ve been a good leader here” that type of shit drives me bonkers, if he’s supposed to be a mentor if sorts for the young D he’s awful because Provy up until about a handful of games ago looked like he was scared of his own shadow and looked down in the dumps, and Ghost as well, what needs to happen isn’t going to happen until someone gets in charge that can separate emotions and business

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I could never understand how and why guys who suck ass like McDonald are given special treatment like they did something amazing, and they’re given this loyalty like “hey we know you suck but you’ve been a good leader here” that type of **** drives me bonkers, if he’s supposed to be a mentor if sorts for the young D he’s awful because Provy up until about a handful of games ago looked like he was scared of his own shadow and looked down in the dumps, and Ghost as well, what needs to happen isn’t going to happen until someone gets in charge that can separate emotions and business

Its why the organization does not deserve success. Some of the individual players and the fans do, but the franchise? Nope.

Reactions: Domino666

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't think playing more than the fans would like is "special treatment". MacDonald has been scratched a lot this season, and had his ice time reduced under Gordon.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I don't think playing more than the fans would like is "special treatment". MacDonald has been scratched a lot this season, and had his ice time reduced under Gordon.
I agree with the sentiment. As fans, that "A" is still so wildly visible, it outweighs reason and is a large indicator of the remaining special treatment stink AMac had earned in years past with sub-optimal performance.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
What’s the latest on Q? I’ve heard nothing recently. Odd after he was confirmed to our new coach not long ago.

Looking at the isles makes me want a real coach that much more. Guess who just shutout the jackets for their nhl leading 7th shutout? Leading the league in GAA. After being historically bad in goals against last year...
Last I heard is he isn't making a decision until the off season

Reactions: TheKingPin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->