2018-2019 Roster Discussion - Official Roster is In

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
So does it make sense to go after Nylander now? Demers + ? + ?
Those pluses need to be pretty damn big to bridge that gap IMO.
Who would you trade? Demers would be a throw in, if the Leafs would even want him. We are not good trading partners with the Leafs.
Demers+POJ+Merkley+1st*+2nd*

*2019 1st slides to 2020 if pick is top 10
*2nd whichever of 2019 or 2020 the 1st isn’t

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Thoughts on getting Zach Smith to fill Dvo's spot at C?

Panik for Smith gets the dollars pretty close. Or maybe something like Random 4th liner for Smith with max retention. Not sure Ottawa wants to retain dollars though.

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Demers+POJ+Merkley+1st*+2nd*

*2019 1st slides to 2020 if pick is top 10
*2nd whichever of 2019 or 2020 the 1st isn’t

2020 1st needs to be untouchable if we're planning a Matthews offer sheet.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Panik for Smith gets the dollars pretty close. Or maybe something like Random 4th liner for Smith with max retention. Not sure Ottawa wants to retain dollars though.
How about if we just hold court here and stay pat. With Chucky coming back we will have 4 capable NHL C's with a couple others who can fill in.

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

rt

May 13, 2004
Still, no reason to close that door beforehand.
I would put the odds of us being in Arizona with enough cash to afford Matthews at about 1% - that’s not factoring in his interest (low) or likely availability (lower). I think the odds of the 20-21 year being a lame duck season before a move to Houston are better than 50%.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014

Zack smith isn't really much better than Richardson. Just run Galcnehyuk a full year at center and see what we have there

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
ust run Galcnehyuk a full year at center and see what we have there

He can't possibly be worse than Nick Cousins :dunce:
So yeah he's sticking at C one way or another with Dvorak's situation I think.
When Dvorak's timeline was initially ahead I thought he might lose the opportunity until next camp but not anymore.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
He can't possibly be worse than Nick Cousins :dunce:
So yeah he's sticking at C one way or another with Dvorak's situation I think.
When Dvorak's timeline was initially ahead I thought he might lose the opportunity until next camp but not anymore.

Cousins is cemented in the lineup as long as Tocc is here. He's proven that and he'll try to move Cousins up whenever he can even if it hurts the little offense we have. It's insane the attachment these coaches have with marginal players. I'd have no problem with the coach liking guys like Cousins or Tipchura if they'd just use them in the role their talent warrants. Trying to force them up in the lineup when anyone with any sense can see it hurts the team is mind boggling. Throw in the fact that you keep f***ing with Strome to give Cousins opportunities when Strome is finally showing signs he might actually develop into the player they hoped when drafting him makes it just incredibly stupid.

Reactions: Yandover

rt

May 13, 2004
What’s the absolute max contract you’d give Nylander? Year and dollars.
Well, since he wasn’t on our team last year, the longest we could do would be 7yrs. He’d be 29 at the end. Alex Tuch just got a 7yr deal and he and Nylander were born one month apart.

Nylander’s numbers:
NHL-185gp 135pts .73ppg
AHL-75gp 77pts 1.03ppg

Tuch’s numbers:
NHL-84gp 37pts .44ppg
AHL-60gp 42ptz .70ppg

I think if Tuch gets a 7yr deal, then Nylander could get a 7yr deal. I’m okay with him at 7yrs.

So why about the money?

I’d be okay with 50 million. It’s 50% more than what Tuch got. It’s inline with what Evander Kane got. It’s a similar situation to Johnny Hockey’s last deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->