2018-2019 Regular Season Thread II

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Trading for Quick would be stupid as hell. Four+ years of him at 5.8 million is something they would be regretting by year three.
Serious question, not a snarky reply, isn’t this what you would want in a bridge to hart? It would be great if were only 1 or 2 years left or less money, sure.
If you think Quick has 2-3 good years left that would line up with Hart being ready to take over full time when he is 22-23 y/o.
How many years before they would have to pay Hart a big pay day? Right around when Quick is coming off the books?

Unless Quick is shot now. Hopefully, having the King’s former goalie coach may give them insight into what he has left.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Usually when they say stuff like that it means he has some knowledge of that being discussed.

I’ve already said it and people are not happy but quick is ok to get IMO.

I think we will see Fletcher well Simmonds at the deadline. Maybe make a big deal involving him and say Toronto. I would like Raffl re-signed. He always give 100% on the ice and is a productive player. He will be cheaper to sign still and can plug him in anywhere around the lineup.

Panarin is my off season target. Especially with Giroux back at center.
We also have Quick's ex- goalie coach here, so there is familiarity. I also showed in another thread that after 1 more year, Quick's contract is very tradable to a non cap team.

Paid 7 million this year and next year, then goes to 3.5, 3, and 2.5 the last 3 years. I would look into acquiring him....all depends on the cost of course.

Raffl....no. No need to re-sign him. We have lots of kids coming that need to play and blocking them with a 2-3 million 4th liner should not happen. Get a 3rd for him at the deadline, and move on.

Panarin...yup, go try for him....and every other shoot first player.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
We also have Quick's ex- goalie coach here, so there is familiarity. I also showed in another thread that after 1 more year, Quick's contract is very tradable to a non cap team.

Paid 7 million this year and next year, then goes to 3.5, 3, and 2.5 the last 3 years. I would look into acquiring him....all depends on the cost of course.

Raffl....no. No need to re-sign him. We have lots of kids coming that need to play and blocking them with a 2-3 million 4th liner should not happen. Get a 3rd for him at the deadline, and move on.

Panarin...yup, go try for him....and every other shoot first player.

If we can extend him for 1-2 years, Raffl would be a perfect 4LW next season. What prospect would you want to fill that roll instead?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If we can extend him for 1-2 years, Raffl would be a perfect 4LW next season. What prospect would you want to fill that roll instead?
Well....we still have Weise on payroll next year...ugh...lol.

But honestly, it could be Laughton.

Giroux Couts Konecny
JVR Patrick Voracek
Lindblom Frost ????
Laughton Pimp NAK

Really I think it all depends what we do this offseason. If you add a Panarin for example, that pushes others down in the lineup or changes things of course.
If you add a guy like Panarin, Lindblom could go to the right side filling that ???? spot. or maybe Allison or Laczynski does.

I just don't want to clutter up playing time for kids. It's time to let them play.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Well....we still have Weise on payroll next year...ugh...lol.

But honestly, it could be Laughton.

Giroux Couts Konecny
JVR Patrick Voracek
Lindblom Frost ????
Laughton Pimp NAK

Really I think it all depends what we do this offseason. If you add a Panarin for example, that pushes others down in the lineup or changes things of course.
If you add a guy like Panarin, Lindblom could go to the right side filling that ???? spot. or maybe Allison or Laczynski does.

I just don't want to clutter up playing time for kids. It's time to let them play.

Cant believe Hexy gave Weise 4 years. Unreal.

If we do add Panarin, it frees up Giroux to move back to C full-time, or Lindblom can slide to the RW with ease.

Giroux - Coots - TK
Panarin - Patrick - Voracek
JVR - Frost - Lindblom

Or

Panarin - Giroux - TK
JVR - Coots - Voracek
Lindblom - Patrick - Frost

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Cant believe Hexy gave Weise 4 years. Unreal.

If we do add Panarin, it frees up Giroux to move back to C full-time, or Lindblom can slide to the RW with ease.

Giroux - Coots - TK
Panarin - Patrick - Voracek
JVR - Frost - Lindblom

Or

Panarin - Giroux - TK
JVR - Coots - Voracek
Lindblom - Patrick - Frost
Agreed. Which still leaves:

Laughton Pimp NAK

And Weise, Allison, Laczynski, Rubstov, etc...

That's why re-signing a Raffl is not a "need" for me. Get a 3rd at the deadline, and keep the depth spots ope for kids to fight over.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Raffl I'd like to have back on a one year deal but he would be smart to leave for a team with more open spots in the bottom six and someone willing to give him term. Simmonds will be gone to a team willing to give him his term and money. Quick could be had for a good price I'm sure.

Panarin/Couts/Voracek
Giroux/Patrick/TK
JVR/Frost/Lindblom
Ruby/Voro/Laughton

Provy/Sanheim
Ghost/Gudas
Morin/Myers
Hagg

Quick/Hart

Is something I'd like to see next season

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I hate these people. That statement carries no meaning.

I understand what you mean, but he is reporting on something that is uncertain, you know? Even the Flyers and Kings don't know if they will make a deal, so he can't speak in absolutes or certainties, but the fact that they are discussing it (and I don't see any reason to doubt that they are talking) is "information" in its way. As I have said a dozen times, I am pretty sure he gets his information from Friedmann anyway, and Friedmann is as reliable as anyone this side of Bobby Mac. If this were Eklund, I wouldn't have bothered repeating it.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Serious question, not a snarky reply, isn’t this what you would want in a bridge to hart? It would be great if were only 1 or 2 years left or less money, sure.
If you think Quick has 2-3 good years left that would line up with Hart being ready to take over full time when he is 22-23 y/o.
How many years before they would have to pay Hart a big pay day? Right around when Quick is coming off the books?

Unless Quick is shot now. Hopefully, having the King’s former goalie coach may give them insight into what he has left.
4+ years for a 33 year old goalie who has been injured 2 out of the last 3 years, at a 5.8 million cap hit is risky to me. Not to mention you are going to have to give up assets to acquire him.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
We can give Provorov 6.5M, Konecny 4M, re-sign Raffl at 3.5M, and still have room to get Panarin, Quick and another decent-price free agent without even buying out AMac.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I wouldn't even offer $6.5 mil. Look how much Ghost's monetary value dropped based on 1 poor season. Maybe if they scratch Provorov a couple games (won't happen) they can help themselves out creating another narrative *wink wink*.

Ultimately, Provorov was probably still not worth that AAV based on last year, but begrudgingly so if that's what it took, adjusting for inflation, provided stable (non goal) numbers with improved underlying stats. But not the $8 mil absurd numbers thrown about because of this mystique thing he has. He was never worth close to that.

He's pacing for 26 points in his contract year with big minutes with the top lines and undying PP2 usage. His underlying numbers show it isn't a case of just bad luck. If he gets a $6.5 mil x 7 year contract or something off that, that is horrible negotiating given the situation and comparable contracts to players like Hamilton, Slavin, Hanifin, Lindholm, Dumba.....after strong seasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Breeze 44

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
People were etching Provorov’s name on multiple Norris Trophies before his NHL career even really got started. It’s not just the fans either. That’s part of the problem.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Weise can be sent to the AHL next year if Fletcher wants an extra roster spot. That would clear more than enough space to replace with any prospect on an ELC.

He’ll, he could do it right now and promote NAK. But he seems to be in no hurry to get the kids up here, outside of Hart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad