Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 4.25.19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I think Quinn has earned the confidence of the large majority of the board. If he benches a guy, he won't, or shouldn't, get lambasted.

I agree that he shouldn’t but I saw the circus around Chytil and Andersson treatment and just trying to project it onto Kravtsov who, as of right now, has a lot more fans that are quite impatient with NHL rookies (and as a result- with their coaches).

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I agree that he shouldn’t but I saw the circus around Chytil and Andersson treatment and just trying to project it onto Kravtsov who, as of right now, has a lot more fans that are quite impatient with NHL rookies (and as a result- with their coaches).

Literally every prospect we had in recent years went up and down to the minors, usually gets benched sometimes and doesn't look like a star on his first day as a pro, but every time we hear whining about the guy being ruined or being a bad prospect: Mcdonagh, Kreider, Zuccarello, you name it, every time.

Chytil is following the same scheme, just at a much younger age. The kid has a ton of potential. As an 18 year old in Hartford, rather than looking like a boy among men, he looked like a man among boys. The talent advantage was obvious. It's much harder in the NHL, but let's give him at least until the age of 22.

I will bet money 12 months from now, people will be much more sour on Kravtsov than now because how dare a teenager not look like a prime vet.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Literally every prospect we had in recent years went up and down to the minors, usually gets benched sometimes and doesn't look like a star on his first day as a pro, but every time we hear whining about the guy being ruined or being a bad prospect: Mcdonagh, Kreider, Zuccarello, you name it, every time.

Chytil is following the same scheme, just at a much younger age. The kid has a ton of potential. As an 18 year old in Hartford, rather than looking like a boy among men, he looked like a man among boys. The talent advantage was obvious. It's much harder in the NHL, but let's give him at least until the age of 22.

I will bet money 12 months from now, people will be much more sour on Kravtsov than now because how dare a teenager not look like a prime vet.

In a lot of ways though Chytil still acts like a kid--well he is one. He doesn't yet to seem to know his own strength and when he comes to recognize that he'll take a leap forward. There's nothing wrong with benching or scratching a young player as a teaching tool. I haven't seen Quinn give up on a young player and more often than not players have played better afterwards.

I expect improvements from Howden, Chytil and Andersson which is not the same as expecting any of them are going to become stars overnight. They should be better players next year though for their experiences this year. Quinn will also know his team better and so there should be a lot less getting them on board with his systems or expectations. Everyone will have a clearer idea of what's going on.

Reactions: egelband

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
If we get career 60, 50, 40 and 30 point players from Chytil, Kravtsov, Howden and Lias (regardless of which is which), I'd be really happy. Not this year. I mean in their primes.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Traktor finished the season with 1.62 goals per game, which is the lowest ever in the KHL by a team reaching the play offs.

What sets Kravtsov apart from Buchnevich is the way he plays though. Buchnevich was a complimentary player and more a finisher, while Kravtsov carries his line

First, 13 team goals over the whole season is not that much. Seriously, we are talking one extra goal every 3-4 games. As I said Severstal was far from an offensive juggernaut and it is one of the smallest budget teams in the KHL. Second, I don’t know what you mean by complimentary. Is 6%-7% difference in total team’s offense contribution is what differentiates between “driving” offense and being a “complimentary”? Or you’re saying Buchnevich got a benefit of cheap points playing with his team’s offensive stars? This was also not a case as he spent a lot (most) of his time on middle lines and not with any notable players.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
For what it's worth, these are my point predictions for our prospects next season:

30-40: Kakko
25-35: Kravtsov
20-30: Chytil, Andersson, Howden

* depending on their usage of course

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If Chytil doesn't hit 35+ next season people are going to start freaking out.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Anybody have any info on NCAA / Euro éligibles we’re looking at or should look at?

Off the top of my head, I would look at:
Oliwer Kaski
Juha Jääskä
Henrik Törnqvist
Teemu Turunen
Niko Ojamäki
Dmitri Kagarlitsky
Oskar Steen (If BOS doesn't sign him)

It's unlikely we'd sign more than 1 of these, but Kaski is my no 1 target.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
For what it's worth, these are my point predictions for our prospects next season:

30-40: Kakko
25-35: Kravtsov
20-30: Chytil, Andersson, Howden

* depending on their usage of course

Chytil and Howden had 23 points last year...even without the additional ice time they should with other veterans gone, I'm hoping for 30+ to continue showing progress and growth. not saying they need to suddenly be stars but lets continue to trend in the right direction each year

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012

Meh, I'm cool with it. They're not used to playing 82-game seasons. I think the physical/mental break is good for them

Reactions: kovazub94

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Chytil and Howden had 23 points last year...even without the additional ice time they should with other veterans gone, I'm hoping for 30+ to continue showing progress and growth. not saying they need to suddenly be stars but lets continue to trend in the right direction each year

Are we going to be a better team next year? Without Hayes and Zuccarello? I doubt it.

I hope they get 30+, I just don't think it's a given and won't be disappointed if they finish between 25 and 30

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Are we going to be a better team next year? Without Hayes and Zuccarello? I doubt it.

I hope they get 30+, I just don't think it's a given and won't be disappointed if they finish between 25 and 30

as things stand now we'll be a worst team probably...but i'm not saying jump to 50+ points. but I think that regardless of there surroundings that hoping that they improve on a low number from last year isn't a big ask...atleast i hope not

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
One thing I like about Chytil l, and Howden too, is they seem to have upbeat attitudes. I saw them smiling quite often despite struggles. That tells me theyre not going to burn out mentally, at least. And also that the coach is doing a good job. Certainly a few smiles doesn't really tell us anything but I chose to hope for the best

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I always feel it’s a player’s third full year with a team that is most telling.

The rookie year (or years) are an adjustment. The sophomore year is where they get challenged and have to adapt,

But the third year is where trends tend to emerge and you have an idea of how they look at the NHL level.

For me, 2019-20 isn’t the key to Andersson, Chytil and Howden, so much as 2020-21 might be.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
another reason to watch the Canes, if you're interested
(along with hoping they beat Caps, then Isles, and knock Jets' pick another slot lower)

"Saarela is ‘next man up’ as Canes deal with injuries"
Saarela is ‘next man up’ as Canes deal with injuries

the last, maybe worst (in terms of price vs return,) of those 'go for it' trades
somehow it was NYR that got the worst 2 months of Eric Staal's 1200 game career

[ and i hated most of them, overpaid for Nash, overpaid for MSL, overpaid for Clowe]

tangent - Tarmo, Barron, maybe Wall, Crawley, may yet improve the Yandle deal(s)

Keith Yandle
Keith Yandle Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
Scott Reedy
Scott Reedy Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
  • 2016-Jun-20 Draft pick rights traded from Florida Panthers with round 6 pick in the 2016 draft (Tyler Wall) to New York Rangers for Keith Yandle
  • 2017-Jun-24 Draft pick rights traded from New York Rangers to San Jose Sharks for round 4 pick in the 2017 draft (Brandon Crawley) and round 6 pick in the 2017 draft (Morgan Barron)

Reactions: egelband

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
I always feel it’s a player’s third full year with a team that is most telling.

The rookie year (or years) are an adjustment. The sophomore year is where they get challenged and have to adapt,

But the third year is where trends tend to emerge and you have an idea of how they look at the NHL level.

For me, 2019-20 isn’t the key to Andersson, Chytil and Howden, so much as 2020-21 might be.
Like Messier his third year with the Rangers was pretty awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad