Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Prospect Stats, Reports and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Flaming tweeted something to the same effect. Also mentioned that he can potentially walk to free agency on August 15th if we can't get pen to paper.
It'll be an interesting summer. I don't think the organization anticipated Shane Starrett taking the reins in Bako this season. I'd expect that one of our younger goalies gets flipped.

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
Samorukov looked like a stud during his AHL stint at the end of last season. Really happy to hear he is continuing his dominance this year. He has all the attributes to become a very effective 20+ minutes a night guy.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
It'll be an interesting summer. I don't think the organization anticipated Shane Starrett taking the reins in Bako this season. I'd expect that one of our younger goalies gets flipped.

Someone (I'm not sure who ) was on here earlier in year saying Starrett could make the Oilers. No one give the fella any credit. Gotta give that guy credit. Maybe we could hire him in our scouting department

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
Do you see Bouchard playing full time next year? And if so, 1st PP time or maybe 2nd at best to start?

I would like to hope he is in the AHL. Let him put up a solid year or two before calling him up. We don't have a shortage of dmen anymore

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
4 games tonight.

OHL

Kitchener at Niagara (Kirill Maksimov) @ 5 PM
Listen at 610 CKTB St. Catherines or watch on OHL Live

London (Evan Bouchard) at Peterborough @ 5 PM
Listen at 980 CFPL London or watch on OHL Live

Saginaw (Ryan McLeod) at Barrie @ 5:30 PM
Listen at 100.5 WSGW Carrollton or watch on OHL Live

QMJHL

Drummondville (Olivier Rodrique) at Rimouski @ 5:30 PM
Listen at 92.1 CJDM Drummondville or watch on QMJHL Live

Reactions: CycloneSweep

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Do you see Bouchard playing full time next year? And if so, 1st PP time or maybe 2nd at best to start?

We have Persson, so I hope the plan is to start him on 3RD as opposed to Bouchard. He'll be 25 years old when the season starts and have two seasons of pro experience before arriving (while being one of the top SHL D in the league).

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Watching Bouchard recently imo he needs another year in the OHL and then 1 in the AHL and then maybe the year after he can make it. Imo he is as far away as Caleb Jones was at the same age.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He's eligible for the AHL next year. Not sure why he would be going back to the CHL with the kind of stats he's putting
His defensive game looks super rough. That said with how well Bakersfield is doing, it might not be a terrible idea. I was thinking about the log jam at defense we have down there next year

Jones - Lowe
Lagesson - Bear
Day - Berglund
Manning - Bouchard
Persson - Samorukov

We have more guys than spots. One or Jones, Bear, Lagesson, Persson should be on the Oilers. Could get rid of Lowe and Manning too. Might have to trade a defender for a winger soon

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
How much of Bouchard's rough defensive game can be attributed to London's very passive defensive system?

I'd rather he cut his teeth against players his own size in a more proactive system in the AHL.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
How much of Bouchard's rough defensive game can be attributed to London's very passive defensive system?

I'd rather he cut his teeth against players his own size in a more proactive system in the AHL.
Fair enough. Then we need to move on from some defensive prospects next year.

Manning needs to go, Jones will make the big club... That leaves....

Lagesson - Bear
Lowe - Day
Samorukov - Berglund
Persson - Bouchard

Which could be fine. Lowe has one more year and has been an amazing captain, Day is worth resigning too.

I think what might end up happening is we will have to use Bear or Persson on the NHL roster too.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Joel Persson 1 G 1 A tonight in a 5-1 win.
Playing low minutes (below 15 mins), but I wouldn't read too much into that. Whenever Vaxjo is winning "comfortably" they drastically cut Persson's minutes.

Vaxjo has been playing better so the possibility for him coming over and finishing his season in the AHL is all but gone.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010

Lagesson - Bear
Lowe - Day
Samorukov - Berglund
Persson - Bouchard

Which could be fine. Lowe has one more year and has been an amazing captain, Day is worth resigning too.

I think what might end up happening is we will have to use Bear or Persson on the NHL roster too.
I think you're right. If we don't trade Benning, I can see him fighting with Bear or Persson for the third pairing RD.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Huh. That is crowded in a good way!

Is Berglund coming over next year for sure?

Lowe is signed for another year and Stanton is a UFA.

Lagesson Bouchard
Samorukov Bear/Persson
Lowe Day/Berglund

So Edmonton, without moves, would be:
Klefbom Larsson
Russell Sekera
Jones Bear/Persson
Manning?
He wants to come over.
I guess it depends on if he gets signed or not. If the Oilers don't sign him he'll probably not risk injury in TC.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions

Lagesson - Bear
Lowe - Day
Samorukov - Berglund
Persson - Bouchard

I think Bear is a guy we'll see moved this summer. Persson and Bouchard are coming to fight for the same spots, and I think there's a good chance Logan Day gets an NHL deal this summer as well. Odds are one of Persson/Bouchard/Jones make the NHL roster as the 6/7 guy as well.

Reactions: MikeFLB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->