Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Prospect Stats, Reports and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Bouchard a -5 today.. woof

He was a +28 before this game which was, by far, the best on their defense so I wouldn't put much stock into one clunker.

With that said, I have major concerns about his game translating to the NHL and have a feeling that the Oilers will regret passing on Dobson for him but I guess we'll see.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Bouch is definitely a player who should penciled in on Bakersfield roster all of next season.

We might actually be at a point where we consider moving some of our defensive prospects.

I think Edmonton might embrace a mini-rebuild (focus on prospect development and stay away from bad contracts). I think Jones is on the opening night roster, as well as one of Bear or Persson (Persson is my bet, with those 2 changing if he doesn't work). Even then, things get really crowded if Berglund comes over.

Lagesson-Bouchard
Samorukov-Bear
Berglund

This is assuming that Kemp isn't turning pro yet? Then you have vets like Day (who has had hints that he might get an NHL look), Stanton and Lowe in the mix.

Crowded in a good way!

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Bouch is definitely a player who should penciled in on Bakersfield roster all of next season.

We might actually be at a point where we consider moving some of our defensive prospects.

I think Edmonton might embrace a mini-rebuild (focus on prospect development and stay away from bad contracts). I think Jones is on the opening night roster, as well as one of Bear or Persson (Persson is my bet, with those 2 changing if he doesn't work). Even then, things get really crowded if Berglund comes over.

Lagesson-Bouchard
Samorukov-Bear
Berglund

This is assuming that Kemp isn't turning pro yet? Then you have vets like Day (who has had hints that he might get an NHL look), Stanton and Lowe in the mix.

Crowded in a good way!
Huh. That is crowded in a good way!

Is Berglund coming over next year for sure?

Lowe is signed for another year and Stanton is a UFA.

Lagesson Bouchard
Samorukov Bear/Persson
Lowe Day/Berglund

So Edmonton, without moves, would be:
Klefbom Larsson
Russell Sekera
Jones Bear/Persson
Manning?

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Huh. That is crowded in a good way!

Is Berglund coming over next year for sure?

Lowe is signed for another year and Stanton is a UFA.

Lagesson Bouchard
Samorukov Bear/Persson
Lowe Day/Berglund

So Edmonton, without moves, would be:
Klefbom Larsson
Russell Sekera
Jones Bear/Persson
Manning?

You forgot Nurse. Lol. I think Manning is either moved out or bought out.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Kemp would be dumb to turn pro..

Lagesson-Bouchard
Samorukov-Bear
Berglund

Crowded in a good way!

Kemp isn't turning pro but Desharnais is. There's definitely room to move a D prospect or two this summer.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
He was a +28 before this game which was, by far, the best on their defense so I wouldn't put much stock into one clunker.

With that said, I have major concerns about his game translating to the NHL and have a feeling that the Oilers will regret passing on Dobson for him but I guess we'll see.
I agree. Kid has boom or bust potential

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I feel like Lagesson and Bear are the most likely targets to be moved out if they can bring back decent forward prospects.
Definitely agree on Bear, they've got comparable guys in Persson, Bouchard and possibly Berglund coming. I have a suspicion that the organization really likes Lagesson though, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some games this year tbh. Stauffer has been talking quite glowingly of him lately.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017

Lagesson-Bouchard
Samorukov-Bear
Berglund

Crowded in a good way!

Stanton will not be back next year. I really hope they sign Day. They may also sign Desharnais but he can start in the ECHL.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Dmitri Samorukov scored the game winning OT goal and added an assist, had 8 shots, was +3 and named first star, as the Storm doused the Firebirds 5-4.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Feb. 18/19 – FLNT (4) – GUE (5) – OT – Ontario Hockey League

Evan Bouchard had an assist, 5 shots, got called for delay of game and was -5, but the Steelheads left the Knights with a fishy smell 9-4.
Feb. 18/19 – LDN (4) – MISS (9) – Ontario Hockey League

Kirill Maksimov had an assist, no shots, won his only faceoff, served 2 for high sticking and was +1, as the IceDogs ran off the Petes 5-2.
Feb. 18/19 – NIAG (5) – PBO (2) – Ontario Hockey League

Ryan McLeod had an assist, 4 shots, won 10 of 21 faceoffs, missed his shootout attempt and was -2, but the Sting chased the Spirit into a lake 7-6.
Feb. 18/19 – SAG (6) – SAR (7) – SO – Ontario Hockey League

Reactions: McCanovin

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Anybody watching Hayden Hawkey? Just read a small blurb saying he's having a pretty good year.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
What's going on with the Knights lately? It seems like they've been losing a lot more than they did when Bouchard first got sent down.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Samorukov 23 points in the last 25 games since the cold streak. Kid is really trending up

Major hot take here but I think he'll have more of an impact in the NHL than Bouchard. Love the way this kid plays

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Anybody watching Hayden Hawkey? Just read a small blurb saying he's having a pretty good year.

Flaming tweeted something to the same effect. Also mentioned that he can potentially walk to free agency on August 15th if we can't get pen to paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->