Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Prospect Stats, Reports and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
So, two guys who were ranked below yam by pretty much every scouting agency, and most didn't even have frost in the first round.

This is a clear case of hindsight being 2020.

No matter who the pick was at 22nd overall, nobody around there is doing anything more than Yamamoto right now, but for some reason all hope is fading with yam, and everyone else is just fine.

Typical.
Hindsight being 2020 is usually how most of the arm chair scouts at HFOil do their scouting, even though most of them were happy with this pick in 2017.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Hindsight being 2020 is usually how most of the arm chair scouts at HFOil do their scouting, even though most of them were happy with this pick in 2017.

I was really happy with the pick at the time, but I hadn't really seen him play and everything I read raved about his skill and skating. With those two things basically being a requirement for him to have success at his size, I figured it wasn't overly risky.

After finally getting to see him play, I've been pretty disappointed with both of those things. He's an average straight line skater and I've yet to really even see flashes of skill that wow you. Not saying he's a bust, but I've lost a lot of faith in him becoming an impact player in the NHL.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
On Wednesday, Olivier Rodrique (W 29-8-1) made 16 saves and 2 of 3 in the shootout, as the Voltiguers quieted the Screaming Eagles 3-2.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Veleno wins it in shootout! Voltigeurs 3 Screaming Eagles 2 – QMJHL

Last night, Kirill Maksimov had a PP goal, 5 shots, won his only faceoff and was -2, but the IceDogs went hungry trying to catch the Steelheads 3-1.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Feb. 7/19 – MISS (3) – NIAG (1) – Ontario Hockey League

Ryan McLeod had no points, a shot, won 4 of 12 faceoffs and was even, as the Spirit danced through the strafing of the Spitfires 4-1.
Feb. 7/19 – SAG (4) – WSR (1) – Ontario Hockey League

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
3 games tonight.

QMJHL

Drummondville (Olivier Rodrique) at Charlottetown @ 4:30 PM
Listen at 92.1 CJDM Drummondville (in French) or Islanders Radio (in English)or watch on QMJHL Live

OHL

Sarnia at Guelph (Dmitri Samorukov) @ 5:30 PM
Listen at 1460 CJOY Guelph or watch on OHL Live

Owen Sound at London (Evan Bouchard) @ 5:30 PM
Listen at 980 CFPL London or watch on OHL Live

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Olivier Rodrique (W 30-8-1) stopped all 32 shots in recording his 2nd shutout of the season and was named 3rd star, as the Voltigeurs did a successful marine invasion of the Islanders 2-0.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Great game for Rodrigue ! Voltigeurs 2 Islanders 0 – QMJHL

Dmitri Samorukov had no points, a shot, served 2 for a check to the head and was even, but the Storm only made the swarm of the Sting more crazed 6-2.
Feb. 8/19 – SAR (6) – GUE (2) – Ontario Hockey League

Evan Bouchard had an assist, 6 shots and was +1, as the Knights were valiant against the Attack 6-3.
Feb. 8/19 – OS (3) – LDN (6) – Ontario Hockey League

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
4 games involving 5 prospects tonight.

QMJHL

Drummondville (Olivier Rodrique) at Acadie-Bathurst @ 4 PM
Listen at 92.1 CJDM Drummondville or watch on QMJHL Live

OHL

London (Evan Bouchard) at Saginaw (Ryan McLeod) @ 5 PM
Listen at 980 CFPL London or 100.5 WSGW Carrollton or watch on OHL Live

Guelph (Dmitri Samorukov) at Sarnia @ 5 PM
Listen at 1460 CJOY Guelph or watch on OHL Live

Niagara (Kirill Maksimov) at Sault Ste. Marie @ 5 PM
Listen at 610 CKTB St. Catherines or watch on OHL Live

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
The Voltigeurs brought the Titan down to their knees 4-3 in OT. Olivier Rodrique had the night off.

Ryan McLeod had no points, a shot, won 8 of 19 faceoffs and was -2, as the Spirit made the Knights do silly dances 6-3. Evan Bouchard had an assist, 12 shots, gave up a penalty shot and even.
Feb. 9/19 – LDN (3) – SAG (6) – Ontario Hockey League

Dmitri Samorukov had no points, a shot and was +2, as the Storm blew the Sting into the water 4-1.
Feb. 9/19 – GUE (4) – SAR (1) – Ontario Hockey League

Kirill Maksimov had 3 assists, 3 shots, served 2 for roughing and was -1, but the Greyhounds ran over the IceDogs 7-6.
Feb. 9/19 – NIAG (6) – SSM (7) – Ontario Hockey League

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I was really happy with the pick at the time, but I hadn't really seen him play and everything I read raved about his skill and skating. With those two things basically being a requirement for him to have success at his size, I figured it wasn't overly risky.

After finally getting to see him play, I've been pretty disappointed with both of those things. He's an average straight line skater and I've yet to really even see flashes of skill that wow you. Not saying he's a bust, but I've lost a lot of faith in him becoming an impact player in the NHL.

Wasn't happy with the pick but was interested because of all you mention.

Agree that so far I have not seen any of the high skill or speed at all.

To me he comes off as an undersized two way checker with how he plays the game.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

Expectations were off for Yam... not a bad draft pick per se. After watching him in camp I said a younger DD (yes that one we had a for a few months) and I was satisfied with that but of course others were expecting Gaudreau or Tyler Johnson when his skating was no where those two and not as dynamic offensively.

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007

This, wasn't liking picking a not fast diminutive forward during the draft. You guys can say 20/20 blah blah, i've had the same mindset on this player the whole time. I really hope he proves me wrong because we need him to pan out so bad

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Expectations were off for Yam... not a bad draft pick per se. After watching him in camp I said a younger DD (yes that one we had a for a few months) and I was satisfied with that but of course others were expecting Gaudreau or Tyler Johnson when his skating was no where those two and not as dynamic offensively.
I agree, Yamamoto doesn’t have the separation speed of a Gaudreau, Kane or marner best case for kailer is probably a Gallagher type or as you say DD

Reactions: CycloneSweep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad