Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Prospect Stats, Reports and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Oh I know. I have seen him in junior and it's the same outside of the tournament.

Well he was a third round pick for a reason. He always had things to work on but he does have some interesting tools. Hopefully he puts it together.

Not going to say it's a long shot though.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
I meant to post this a few days ago. Paigin has been traded to Sochi in the KHL. That is the team that he had so much success on. He has been brutal the last two years but in 8 games with Sochi he has passed Auvitu in points I a third of the games. What is it about Paigin and Sochi? It is like a tale of two players stats wise.

Sochi HC 2018-19 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I meant to post this a few days ago. Paigin has been traded to Sochi in the KHL. That is the team that he had so much success on. He has been brutal the last two years but in 8 games with Sochi he has passed Auvitu in points I a third of the games. What is it about Paigin and Sochi? It is like a tale of two players stats wise.

Sochi HC 2018-19 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

I was thinking the same thing the other day.

With Sochi 45 games 11 goals 22 assists 33 points
Other KHL teams 78 games 2 goals 7 assists 9 points

Like, what the heck?

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
On Saturday, Kirill Maksimov scored his 4th career hat trick (1 PPG), added an assist, 7 shots, took 2 tripping calls, was +3 and named first star, as the IceDogs dug a hole under the fort of the Frontenacs 8-0.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Dec. 29/18 – NIAG (8) – KGN (0) – Ontario Hockey League

Ryan McLeod had an assist, 3 shots, served 2 for tripping, won 7 of 19 faceoffs, missed his shootout attempt and was -1, but the Petes fished out the lake of the Steelheads 3-2 in a SO.
Dec. 29/18 – MISS (2) – PBO (3) – SO – Ontario Hockey League

Olivier Rodrique came in for the last 24:30 of the game, stopping 9 of 11 shots, but the Saguenéens took away the bullets of the Voltigeurs 7-1.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Dec 29/18 – Voltigeurs 1 Saguenéens 7 – QMJHL

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Olivier Rodrique (W 22-6-0) made 20 saves, as the Voltigeurs routed the Armada 7-2.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Dec 31/18 – Armada 2 Voltigeurs 7 – QMJHL

Ryan McLeod had a goal and an assist, 2 shots, won 12 of 22 faceoffs, got called for checking from behind and was even, as the Steelheads tail slapped the Spitfires out of the sky 9-5.
Dec. 31/18 – MISS (9) – WSR (5) – Ontario Hockey League

Kirill Maksimov scored the GWG, had 2 shots, got called for holding, coincidental roughing and unsportmanlike conduct and hooking (SHGF, PPGA) and was -1, as the IceDogs chewed up the old man shoes of the 67s 6-5.
Dec. 31/18 – OTT (5) – NIAG (6) – Ontario Hockey League

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Olivier Rodrique (W 22-6-0) made 20 saves, as the Voltigeurs routed the Armada 7-2.
Dec 31/18 – Armada 2 Voltigeurs 7 – QMJHL

Ryan McLeod had a goal and an assist, 2 shots, won 12 of 22 faceoffs, got called for checking from behind and was even, as the Steelheads tail slapped the Spitfires out of the sky 9-5.
Dec. 31/18 – MISS (9) – WSR (5) – Ontario Hockey League

Kirill Maksimov scored the GWG, had 2 shots, got called for holding, coincidental roughing and unsportmanlike conduct and hooking (SHGF, PPGA) and was -1, as the IceDogs chewed up the old man shoes of the 67s 6-5.
Dec. 31/18 – OTT (5) – NIAG (6) – Ontario Hockey League

What do you think will happen in the OHL concerning trades? I would like to see London load up with some Oilers and go to Mem Cup
Halifax has been making some trades. Rouyn-Noranda just traded for Dobson so they will be tough . Something tells me that Saifin injury will prevent him from playing in Mem Cup
I haven’t got schedule yet. I won prize for private box seating 10 in Halifax. The game I wanna see if it happens? Halifax-London

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
What do you think will happen in the OHL concerning trades? I would like to see London load up with some Oilers and go to Mem Cup
Halifax has been making some trades. Rouyn-Noranda just traded for Dobson so they will be tough . Something tells me that Saifin injury will prevent him from playing in Mem Cup
I haven’t got schedule yet. I won prize for private box seating 10 in Halifax. The game I wanna see if it happens? Halifax-London

London is only allowed to add one more high level player (on gold card status) other wise they will have to make other creative moves. McLeod seems to be a target, but if they can only add one, I'm sure a guy like Suzuki is a much bigger target.

Maksimov will be staying in Niagara. They have a good shot this year as well at winning it all, especially if they truly are adding Studnicka and Brassard after the world Juniors. They've already been nearly unbeatable since acquiring Jason Robertson and Chris Paquette.

Guelph seems content to take their chances, maybe even add. So I don't think Samorukov will be going anywhere either.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
London is only allowed to add one more high level player (on gold card status) other wise they will have to make other creative moves. McLeod seems to be a target, but if they can only add one, I'm sure a guy like Suzuki is a much bigger target.

Maksimov will be staying in Niagara. They have a good shot this year as well at winning it all, especially if they truly are adding Studnicka and Brassard after the world Juniors. They've already been nearly unbeatable since acquiring Jason Robertson and Chris Paquette.

Guelph seems content to take their chances, maybe even add. So I don't think Samorukov will be going anywhere either.
Thx for the info. Im going to Jan 13th game in Halifax . They play Rouyan-Noruanda (spelling). They are both rated top 10 in country

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

I catch Ice Dog games here and there and have really liked what I have seen out of Maksimov over the last three years. I'd be curious to hear your personal take on his development.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I catch Ice Dog games here and there and have really liked what I have seen out of Maksimov over the last three years. I'd be curious to hear your personal take on his development.

I actually wasn't crazy on the pick at the time, I wanted Ben Jones more (still wish we took him after Maksi in the draft). I thought Maksimov was a one dimensional scorer who wouldn't be able to translate to the NHL.

He made a big step last year and started showing improvements in his skating and playmaking abilities, and it has continued to improve this year.

He is a physical player, but not always in a good way. He takes a concerning amount of offensive zone penalties. That said he should have no problem hitting the 40 goal mark and might flirt with 50 if things go his way.

He is far from a sure bet to make the NHL, but Edmonton would do well to bring him along with the idea of being a top 6 player and only that. Give him that role in the AHL right away, because if he can put it together, he could be a great right shot to bury goals on the Powerplay with all of our left shot playmaking centers.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I actually wasn't crazy on the pick at the time, I wanted Ben Jones more (still wish we took him after Maksi in the draft). I thought Maksimov was a one dimensional scorer who wouldn't be able to translate to the NHL.

He made a big step last year and started showing improvements in his skating and playmaking abilities, and it has continued to improve this year.

He is a physical player, but not always in a good way. He takes a concerning amount of offensive zone penalties. That said he should have no problem hitting the 40 goal mark and might flirt with 50 if things go his way.

He is far from a sure bet to make the NHL, but Edmonton would do well to bring him along with the idea of being a top 6 player and only that. Give him that role in the AHL right away, because if he can put it together, he could be a great right shot to bury goals on the Powerplay with all of our left shot playmaking centers.

I am happy to hear that what you see is very close to my impression. I thought he actually started to look very good at the end of his draft year. I also agree that his skating took a significant step forward last year.

I think the Oilers need t focus on goal scorers. I wanted them to take a shot at Mascherin last year. For me he is under rated and I am not surprised to see that he is one of the top rookie goal scores in the AHL.

There are a couple of undrafted guys who are really putting the puck in the net this year in the OHL. Do you or any of the others who follow the OHL happen to have opinions on Tye Felhaber or Justin Braseau. I have seen Braseau but do not remember watching Felhaber. Both guys have been passed over twice so they are UFA's.

Braseau is a big big dude with very nice hands though not really overly phsical. 37 goals in 37 game this year and 39 last year on a pretty mediocre NB team. He even had 22 in his draft+1 year but only 37 points. Though no one in NB scores much so assists are not so easy to come by. Supposedly he was really raw in his draft year but he showed some decent skills, though I can't attest to this first hand so am only going on what I can find.

Felhaber has 42 in 38. The next highest scorer on the 67's has 12 goals. I honestly know nothing about him but he has decent size and is suppose to be a very good skater. He is way ahead of his team mate Chemelevki who is a year younger but sems to be one of San Jose's better prospects.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad