Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Prospect Stats, Reports and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Normally a defensive dman, but Samorukov is on a bit of a hot streak right now...in his last 5 games he's gone 2-7-9, and is a +7. And that's after going 0-1-1 in his previous 11 games.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Is Bouch the first Oilers drafted prospect to play for Canada since Nurse in, or am I missing someone

North

Jun 25, 2009
Is Bouch the first Oilers drafted prospect to play for Canada since Nurse in, or am I missing someone

That seems right. Bear didn't get a chance and most of the defensemen that we have selected since him have been from other countries.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
That seems right. Bear didn't get a chance and most of the defensemen that we have selected since him have been from other countries.
Yeah Nurse was the last for Canada. Jones played for the US, Lagesson for Sweden, and Samorukov for Russia, but that's all I can think of since Nurse.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
How realistic is it to suggest he could slot into 3RD next season (Assuming Bouchard is 2RD)? Given that he's a top 5 D in the SHL right now.
Sure.. in the AHL maybe.
Hopefully Chiarelli isn't pencilling these kids into NHL roster

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Sure.. in the AHL maybe.
Hopefully Chiarelli isn't pencilling these kids into NHL roster

I wouldn't exactly call him a "kid", he'll be 25 when he comes to camp next year. He'll get an honest shot, it's not like the Oilers bottom pairing are some huge hurdle to supplant.

And it's not like Chia will be around to do the pencilling, the odds of him being this team's GM by next September are pretty slim IMO.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I wouldn't exactly call him a "kid", he'll be 25 when he comes to camp next year. He'll get an honest shot, it's not like the Oilers bottom pairing are some huge hurdle to supplant.

And it's not like Chia will be around to do the pencilling, the odds of him being this team's GM by next September are pretty slim IMO.
Whoever the GM is, we better be looking to add a top pairing Dman and not bank on new 'kids'

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

It's also no like he is playing in junior either.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Dmitri Samorukov had a goal and an assist, a shot, was +3 and named third star, but the Wolves gave the Storm rabies 5-4 in the shootout.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Dec. 8/18 – GUE (4) – SBY (5) – SO – Ontario Hockey League

Kirill Maksimov had 2 goals (one on the PP and the other was the game winner, 3 shots, was even and named first star, as the IceDogs sent the Battalion screaming into the night 5-2.
Dec. 8/18 – NB (2) – NIAG (5) – Ontario Hockey League

Evan Bouchard had an assist, 6 shots and was -3, as the Attack had the Knights on their knees 5-1.
Dec. 8/18 – LDN (1) – OS (5) – Ontario Hockey League

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
How has Logan day looked? Pretty good stats for a rookie dman.

Does he have any nhl upside?

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Dec. 8/18 – NB (2) – NIAG (5) – Ontario Hockey League

The video on the game winning goal doesn't even do justice for how long he held the puck for or how good the shot was. He played the puck like that often in the O zone. You also see a nice pass in there that springs Ben Jones on a breakaway.

I've said for a while that he reminds me of Hemsky with how he can handle the puck, but with more of a shooter mentality. Not saying he'll be as good as an NHLer, but I think he's a keeper.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Just saw that.

Not bad.....he is on pace to match his season from last year without Petersson.

A few points from being the highest scoring player on the team (Roman Horak)......and might get them to the playoffs.
If he can do that without Peterson then he will 100% crack the roster next year

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Reactions: CycloneSweep

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Hey guys I know it’s probably been discussed already but who are all the Oilers’ prospects that received World Junior camp invites for their respective countries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad