16 goals
20 assists
36 points

I'm not sure what to expect from him

Last edited:

john skull

Jul 1, 2004
New York City
I'll preface this by saying I'm not very optimistic about our boys going forward. And, I just get the feeling that the Stars are sliding into a state of perpetual mismanagement. I hope I'm wrong, I usually am.

Jamie Benn 27g 40a
Blake Comeau 11g 18a
Radek Faksa 21g 28a
Mattias Janmark 19g 20a
Valeri Nichuskin 15g 19a
Tyler Pitlick 14g 13a
Alexander Radulov 24g 40a
Brett Ritchie 5g 5a
Tyler Seguin 38g 47a
Devin Shore 8g 10a
Gemel Smith 4g 2a
Jason Spezza 12g 30a

Julius Honka 7g 17a
Miro Heiskanen 4g 15a
Stephen Johns 6g 5a
John Klingberg 13g 48a
Esa Lindell 6g 18a
Marc Methot 1g 4a
Roman Polak 0g 2a

Assumptions, Seguin is motivated, as usual, and earns every penny he has already earned. Benn slides a bit, cause he is going to start slowing down, seems like, "it is known" vibes around this. I think Monty tries to platoon the 2nd line C position with Faksa and Spezza. I think minutes get spread around very evenly. That hurts some players. I don't think Ritchie, Shore, or Smith are going to see very much time at all, at least games-wise. And I think some players are helped, Honka, Faksa, Miro, and maybe some surprises like Hintz. Idk.

I think the Stars are about as good as they were last year, but much more consistently. Like, they aren't a top 10 team through March, but rather are hanging out in the 8, 9 position in the West most of the year, and eventually just miss the playoffs. Middling draft pick, Seguin walks, Nill is shown the door, and the aging core collapses while we still have tons of long term expensive contracts. I'm thinking of buying center ice this year. Their should be an emoji for Eeyore around here somewhere.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I agree that the Stars are likely a 90ish point team that will just kind of hang around the the wild card but ultimately not make it. This should cost Nill his job, but it won't.

This is assuming there isn't a trade before October.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad