2018-2019 Ottawa Senators season review/discussion

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Closest I can remember is when Toronto traded their 1st round pick to New Jersey for Tom Kurvers, and Toronto was so bad the pick became the 3rd overall.

That pick ended up being Scott Niedermayer.

Toronto came close again when they traded for Phil Kessel and gave up the #2 in 2010 (Tyler Seguin) and #9 in 2011 (Dougie Hamilton).

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
If we end up better then last place next year...after enduring all this sh..t..I mean...
We just NEED Lafreniere or Byfield
If not we'll be mediocre for 10 years

Reactions: bert

Emerica

May 29, 2010
you didn't watch a single game?
I, myself, did not. I tuned into the Sens-Flames game for the first period but that was it for this season. Kept tabs on HF and peeked at the boxscores once in a while.

Did not think I’d be able to do it but watching other sports team made it easier. Don’t plan on tuning in next season either unless there is dramatic changes in the way this organization is run.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Ah yes the same ol' "if the fans won't show up don't blame us for decimating the team" refrain.
I showed up. Did I get what I deserve. Has nothing to do with “deserving” anything good or bad. No fans good or bad deserve anything.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I’m proud of the fan base for not showing up. Leafs were mediocre for 50 years because they sold out every night and had 50 year long wait lists for season tickets. If they want our money they need to earn it - and that doesn’t necessarily mean winning the cup, but it at least means that they try to win the cup. I still went to games in 2011 because I believed in what they were doing to rebuild. Now they’ll get money from me when they actually prove they’re on the right path.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
It might not have been the worst win/loss record in their history, but that was by far the worst year in franchise history, hands down. What an embarassment. They sent a last place team out to die and it performed as expected. The sound bites from Dorion and Company were something else.

Those idiots at the top are getting exactly what they deserve. Nothing but arrogance and condescending bs from them at every pr opportunity. Pretty clear they don't see any of this as their responsibility and will just continue to blame players, coaches, media & fans. Basically, everyone but themselves is to blame for this mess.

I'm positive that continuing to patronize fans and media going forward is going to get the results they're after though.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I was thinking about it the other day and I realized that this was the first season since 2001 where I didn attend at least 1 game. Sad times indeed. Can't see myself going to any games next year either.

little BiG

Dec 6, 2018
One last kick in the teeth at the draft and then this absolute train wreck of a season is over,there had better be some purposeful changes in this offseason...

For me, a sign that things are going in the right direction will be signing Chabot to a long-term contract.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
For me, a sign that things are going in the right direction will be signing Chabot to a long-term contract.

Signing Chabot is the absolute bare minimum. It should be a given with 99.9% of professional sports franchise in all leagues and sports to make sure they sign a young stud of his calibre. The idea that we are even listing it as an accomplishment for Ottawa (if it happens) shows how badly this franchise has fallen. When the Florida Panthers and their bakers-dozen-strong fanbase outspends Ottawa....

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

For me, the team will have to be sold to a new corporate owner with deep pockets and able to capitalize the ownership through increased sales of its products. Then it will have to clear out the existing senior management including COO, PR, GM, and coaching staff.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
For me, the team will have to be sold to a new corporate owner with deep pockets and able to capitalize the ownership through increased sales of its products. Then it will have to clear out the existing senior management including COO, PR, GM, and coaching staff.
Yeah, won’t happen.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah, won’t happen.

Agreed. It won’t happen anytime soon. We are stuck with an owner who won’t invest in the team and cannot capitalize on the asset. We are doomed for the next few years until a new owner takes over.

FYOUS = HOGWASH

Reactions: topshelf15

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Honestly not a single surprise. I think I called it last summer that all our UFA's would be traded and EK of course.

Mismanagement continued and EM and PD continued with their craziness all season maybe that was distract us from the on ice products.

Jury is out on how PD made out on trades cause it all comes down to the picks we get in return and how they turn out. Way to early to say, some trades seemed good , EK trade I am not fond of but let's see how that works out.

I think their is a good amount of very prospects and hope they all pan out but their is enough of them we should be good team down the road.

Their were some nice surprising players this year to come out of the wood work, I was not sold on Brady when drafted but I was wrong their and he is future captain material.

Goaltending depth is very interesting and hope it works out for us , we need one of these guys to step up and challenge for the number one spot. Love Craig but his best days are behind him, Nilsson filled in nicely but with Anderson in the way not sure he comes back. Condon had his chance and honestly at this point don't care if lives in echl rest of his career.

Defense will get better but is a weak point on this team and I am not 100% sure is the players as it is the coaching. We should be stronger next year with better coaches in place.

Coaching, well what can you say, Guy should have been fired last year or earlier this season. Crawford did a good job with remaining games but honestly is time for new leader. I hope Kelly is retained and we go with some fresh blood. Rather have a rookie NHL coach then a retreads or cast offs.

Management , I want to hear less from PD, EM and more form our new puppet poho , maybe even a PD firing would be nice next year! Can't stand the guy!

EM well I hope he stays in Barbados for the entire year and becomes the silent owner or sells the team , he is POS and needs to sell the team.

Even though we won't be active in UFA market other then maybe a couple fillers for Belleville, The draft, hiring of POHO, Hiring of the New Coach will keep me interested till training camp.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Chiasson outscored Ryan (by a large margin) You owe me $50.

Is it math that you struggle with or just dont bother to look things up before definitive statements?

Chiasson had 38 points Ryan had 42.

Chiasson went 21 games straight without a goal. During this period of time he did not play with Connor Mcdavid.

Mcdavid was in on over 80% of his goals.

You are so out to lunch on this one I have a hard time taking your opinion seriously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad