Speculation: 2019 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
What teams do you think will be in the running to pay him 7+ per?
I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of every team's cap situation, but someone is going to overpay the "big body power forward". I'd bet my paycheck he doesn't get a dime under 6 if he goes UFA.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Yuuuuup. He's a 4m player that's going to get 7+.
I'd say he's at least closer to 5m. He should get ~45 points over a full season and he'll bring that Tom Wilson element without the headshots. I wouldn't mind having him at 5 mil but hell no to anything even close to 7.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
lol we have Killorn at 4.45m who consistently produces 40~ points a season and is already complained about. Yet we should go pay 5+ for a more inconsistent version of him who has laid double 0's in his last 2 playoff runs?

What are we paying Ferland for? To go throw some hits? Ferland's a guy you add for value when he's cheap not overpay when he's available. We need size sure, still got to be smart about it.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'd say he's at least closer to 5m. He should get ~45 points over a full season and he'll bring that Tom Wilson element without the headshots. I wouldn't mind having him at 5 mil but hell no to anything even close to 7.
His career high is 41 points.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
lol we have Killorn at 4.45m who consistently produces 40~ points a season and is already complained about. Yet we should go pay 5+ for a more inconsistent version of him who has laid double 0's in his last 2 playoff runs?

What are we paying Ferland for? To go throw some hits? Ferland's a guy you add for value when he's cheap not overpay when he's available. We need size sure, still got to be smart about it.
There's not really anything to complain about the cap hit of Killorn's contract, it's the term that could be an issue later on if he falls off a cliff.

I'd like to see what Ferland does in the playoffs over a larger sample size. He only really has three playoff games when he's been on his current form of a 40 point player. But we won't have to worry about that though. As said, someone will overpay the shit out of Ferland and we won't be a part of that.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Guys, hear me out on this...

Ferland and TMFVR...It is actually a good idea.

I have been advocating Ferland, because I think he is the perfect fit for us. He can play from the Second line down to the Fourth and be a force on all 3 lines. He plays with an edge and got underrated hands.

TMFVR, the meme level is too high to disregard. Will slot in nicely on to the third pairing also.
I think that actually getting TMFVR will only ruin the meme. As it stands, we can disregard anything we may not like and only focus on the dunks.

Also, it's super amusing that a fanbase would have a strange affection for a depth player with no connection to their team.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Miller-Stamkos-Kuch
Ferland-Point-Johnson
Killorn - Cirelli - Joseph
??? - Paq - Erne

I'd also gladly take Hayes

I would slot Ferland with Kuch to see how it goes.

Ferland - Point - Kuch

As long as Ferland drives the net and fetches the pucks in the corners, he should be good for 15-20 goals in that spot.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm on board with a bridge deal for Point. I don't know what his agent is asking for but I also don't see how we're gonna land the players we are talking about without it. Either way I'll be amazed if he does us a solid

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
This team needs some edge so bad. And I'm not talking about a bunch of soft ass dudes throwing hits. We need legit toughness. Dudes who can actually intimidate the opposition.

Reactions: The Gongshow

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
The Vegas golden knights is the style of players I’d like to build our team like they succeed in the playoffs! They can defend, Score , grind and a goalie that stands tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad