2018-2019 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
With news of ANA re-signing Silfverberg to a 5 x 5 deal. Similar numbers to what Vatrano will/has produced over the last 4 years.

Hoping we can get Frankie to 2 yr bridge deal under $3.5 million AAV and then if we want him around after that then give him the big deal. Need to consider the expansion draft so unless management has a protected slot for him, I dont see a 3-4 yr deal for him just yet.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
With news of ANA re-signing Silfverberg to a 5 x 5 deal. Similar numbers to what Vatrano will/has produced over the last 4 years.

Hoping we can get Frankie to 2 yr bridge deal under $3.5 million AAV and then if we want him around after that then give him the big deal. Need to consider the expansion draft so unless management has a protected slot for him, I dont see a 3-4 yr deal for him just yet.

I would ask him to take a deal that expires right before the draft so that we dont have to protect him. So a short term medium dollar, around 3 ish plus

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
DT hasn't given stupid money except to UFAs, I don't think this time will be different. It should be two year bridge.

Also his production has gone way up after playing with Barky, surprise.

Silverberg is way more established though + UFA. Also he has been a monster in playoffs. I don't see a lot of similarities.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
DT hasn't given stupid money except to UFAs, I don't think this time will be different. It should be two year bridge.

Silverberg is way more established though + UFA. Also he has been a monster in playoffs. I don't see a lot of similarities.

Just mostly the similarity of the 20-25 goals/40-55 pt 2nd line type guy. Not comparing skill but just seems every guy who can pot 25ish goals now gets $5 million per year. Hoping Tallon doesn't lose his mind and give him the Matheson deal :laugh:

I remember watching the interview of Tallon regarding Matheson and he started with a 3 yr deal and Matheson said he wanted to be a Panther long term so it jumped to a 8yr deal. As Puma said, a 2 yr bridge that expires at expansion draft would be great for both sides.

Reactions: Kellyr

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

It hasn’t been just because of Barkov. Vatrano has been our most consistent goal scorer all season long. He hasn’t gone more than a handful of games between scoring goals, and that consistency has been with every line he has played on this season.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
It hasn’t been just because of Barkov. Vatrano has been our most consistent goal scorer all season long. He hasn’t gone more than a handful of games between scoring goals, and that consistency has been with every line he has played on this season.

Yeah he's been good and consistent. Just saying he'll probably end up with 10-15 more points if he keeps playing with Barky.

And good for him having a career year when his contract is up.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Yeah he's been good and consistent. Just saying he'll probably end up with 10-15 more points if he keeps playing with Barky.

And good for him having a career year when his contract is up.

Give Vatrano credit too.

He leads our forwards in hits. Guy can score and is fairly gritty and physical.

Really good mix with Huberdeau and Barky

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Give Vatrano credit too.

He leads our forwards in hits. Guy can score and is fairly gritty and physical.

Really good mix with Huberdeau and Barky

Yeah he's been good. I'll still reserve my judgement though, many guys have looked good for a while.

I do like his effort, he's playing like every game could be his last in the league. Very few guys can play that way consistently. One guy that comes to mind is Gallagher.

Hopefully that doesn't change if/when he gets signed long term.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Quick is done
For the year. 4 goals
On 9 shots. He just goes into butterfly every shot and looks
Like could care less if it hits him or not

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
McCann with two goals for Pittsbugh, 1st star of the game. Could be one of his roughly ten strong games per season or could be he's finding confidence and some offence. I have to say, I liked that trade more when I thought we'd get at least a second for Brassard. Wonder if we would have gotten a better return had we moved Bjugs and McCann separately?
If we sign Panarin and Bobrovski and Borgstrom progesses next year, who cares.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
McCann with two goals for Pittsbugh, 1st star of the game. Could be one of his roughly ten strong games per season or could be he's finding confidence and some offence. I have to say, I liked that trade more when I thought we'd get at least a second for Brassard. Wonder if we would have gotten a better return had we moved Bjugs and McCann separately?
If we sign Panarin and Bobrovski and Borgstrom progesses next year, who cares.

I like he find his Way in Pit, was he bad no. Was McCann the oly one could play his Role here no. Does Mc Cann fill out a whole Pens doesnt have yes he does.
Im happy for him, he plays much more better then Bjugstad. So current i would say, Pit wanted McCann and said okay we also take Bjugstad along for the rest of the Season.
Before he ends up in Minnesota, like any other with deep Bounds in Minnesota and upcoming UFA.

McCann i wish him good luck for the future and happy atleast he show some energy in Pittsburgh.

I think we dumbed Bjugstad with McCann to Pittsburgh, Bjugstad in my Eyes see himself already next Season in Minnesota.

Tranq

Dec 13, 2008
Loved the way the Islanders played against the Leafs tonight; constant back checking, cycling down low, hitting everything. They are going to be tough opponent in the playoffs.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
That statement is a preview of the kind of thoughts we’ll all be reduced to having, once again, in a few short weeks.

Depressing.

It's taken me the last couple days to fully give up. I'd assume we end up with 86-87pts. 5 wins short. Tough because everyone can probably point out 5 off the top of their head.

I'll still watch playoffs because I'm a hockey nut. Who would you bandwagon this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad