2018-2019 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Cool to see Rocco still in the league.
Personally, I don't like seeing prospects succeed on other teams after we either didn't resign them or traded them for weak returns. Where's Reto Berra these days? Anyone even remember we got him back for Grimaldi? Or that he was essentially worse than Hutchinson in net? Granted, Rocco's having a career year with just 8 points, but he plays hard. I frankly would rather have him and Connor Brickley back than some of these guys.

Reactions: Howboutthempanthers

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Personally, I don't like seeing prospects succeed on other teams after we either didn't resign them or traded them for weak returns. Where's Reto Berra these days? Anyone even remember we got him back for Grimaldi? Or that he was essentially worse than Hutchinson in net? Granted, Rocco's having a career year with just 8 points, but he plays hard. I frankly would rather have him and Connor Brickley back than some of these guys.

I hear ya and agree to a point.

While I wasn't a huge fan of him, just cool to see him still in the league at his size.
Didn't win that trade but I guess they just wanted to move on.
Yea, I think Brickley was fine for a 4th line dude.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
And Logan Shaw. All guys purged by the a Analytics guys that i was told were irrelvant. And more depth dale picks that have stuck around

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I hear ya and agree to a point.

While I wasn't a huge fan of him, just cool to see him still in the league at his size.
Didn't win that trade but I guess they just wanted to move on.
Yea, I think Brickley was fine for a 4th line dude.

Brickley was traded earlier this Week to the Rangers AHL Team. Still playing AHL and been a depth Player for 4th Line.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Worse - he was a goalie the team traded Grimaldi for and actually played for 7 games two years ago, during which he went 0-5 with an atrocious save % and GAA.

So what Berra was always a middle Class Back Up Goalie nothing else and a long time Swizz national Goalkeeper. Wasn´t this trade also in the Year Malgin joined the Club.
Hmmmm maybe they thought another Player from the same nation makes a european Player more comfortable. When you listen some Interview with german,Austrian or other non Hockey Nation Players, you always can listen that they feel a bit comfortable find someone who help you in your first Year. Its also the same with Player who joining Canadian OHL, WHL.

And it was also the Year, the Panthers tryed out Grimaldi and his skateing and Energy Lvl was good. But he get Injured bad during a Check into the Boards. What let thought a lof of Fans (me included), maybe some of the Organisation also could be his Height and his Weight a big Problem in the Physical battle and Checks on the Ice and Board.

Cause his Head is near the Same height in the bad Cap of Boards to Glass.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Some
Of these cross ice one timers that some
Here claim are
Unsaveabke and these goalies are there and set taking it in the chest.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Man watching these goalies is a real shot of reality. The big saves they make at key times. The way they can get across and stop unsaveable one timers with ease. Our goalies are even further off than I originally thought .

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Man watching these goalies is a real shot of reality. The big saves they make at key times. The way they can get across and stop unsaveable one timers with ease. Our goalies are even further off than I originally thought .

Which step in the grieving process is acceptance?

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

The other good news is he let nothing from anywhere close to the net and was a +1 in almost 18 mins of icetime. Did his job that game and did it well. Of course if you actually watched games before u stat bashed you would know this. But that’s not how biased bashing works on these boards I understand. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: austropanther

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

31 NHL Games

4 in 2010-11 and 27 this year.

Let's see if it works out

79d174401d5ff4af6f7fdb83842f85a1_w200.gif

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
After todays action from Edmonton Managment, Holy McDavid, was calling out the Owner to do something. In an official Interview.
Or in his words, first he was against Players that wont be here should be traded Eberle traded and todays Spooner is placed on Waivers and a special team meeting. McDavid has enough from all those action latly Chiraelli did.

Oilers GM on Hot Seat, its like crosby saying something about a new Coach and one Week later the Coach was there. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad