Line Combos: 2018 -2019 Line/D Pairing discussions & proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Thing is the 2nd line has been an offensive black hole, this is the reason for the shake up. Krech and DeBrsuk are not lighting anything up, they are not connecting. Bjork could use his speed to give them a lift. This may be a way of Cassidy lighting a match under 3 young guys outlooks, Bjork, Donato and Cehalrik. I am sure they are thinking WTF. Time to stop thinking and grab it the next time they get a chance.

Sounds like they would prefer to keep the 1st and new 3rd lines together. That means Donato, Cehlarik, or someone outside the org on Krejci's RW. Putting Donato on the 9th floor and saying "watch Nordstom away from the puck" for a game hurts no one. He has a higher ceiling than Cehlarik. The Bruins think so as does the national hockey hive mind.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Sounds like they would prefer to keep the 1st and new 3rd lines together. That means Donato, Cehlarik, or someone outside the org on Krejci's RW. Putting Donato on the 9th floor and saying "watch Nordstom away from the puck" for a game hurts no one. He has a higher ceiling than Cehlarik. The Bruins think so as does the national hockey hive mind.

Stop being reasonable. It gets in the way of the negative Nellie agenda.

Reactions: BMC

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I don't think Nordstrom is going to be a long term solution, if he can get that line to a point where they can sustain zone time and aren't a liability when on the ice while the 3rd line figures itself out I will be happy. I really think Cehlarik should have been given a shot, he outplayed Donato in the preseason and was sent down and deserves to show what he has, but as an experiment for a few games to see what options we have with this lineup is fine with me.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
All the Nordstrom hate and he creates chances with his speed and fore checking. Makes room for Krech to do his thing. Draws a penalty and scores a goal while making Lucic look like a plug on the play, all that in the 1st period. I liked him since the China games why not give him a shot.....

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I remember hearing Cassidy a couple days ago complaining about Bjork wasting chances to put the puck on net in favor of high risk passes and said something along the lines of 'he needs to understand the value of possession.'

Watching Bjork pass backwards when he was already behind the D (and with a step on that D to boot) I couldn't help thinking he's going to be out next game in favor of Donato.

He's got to get a little more selfish. I know he's not as fast as McDavid but he is very, very fast and he was in almost the same position as McDavid. 97 drove the net and scored while Bjork made a high risk pass and turned it over.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Nordstrom scored a terrific give and go goal with Krejci. Reading here one would think Nordstrom is a bum. ;)
Not me, GDT 10:15 am post #68, I said he may well grab it and run with it, when everyone here was running for the hills.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I remember hearing Cassidy a couple days ago complaining about Bjork wasting chances to put the puck on net in favor of high risk passes and said something along the lines of 'he needs to understand the value of possession.'

Watching Bjork pass backwards when he was already behind the D (and with a step on that D to boot) I couldn't help thinking he's going to be out next game in favor of Donato.

He's got to get a little more selfish. I know he's not as fast as McDavid but he is very, very fast and he was in almost the same position as McDavid. 97 drove the net and scored while Bjork made a high risk pass and turned it over.
He had some of that problem last year too. Hopefully they coach him up and he is able to make better and faster decisions. I'd keep him in the lineup and let him learn with experience. He'll get it sorted out given some time. Kid has a lot of tools, and he is noticeable stronger this season.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Some tweaks to ponder...

Nordstrom - Kuraly - Wagner

I like Acciari's hitting game but I think Nordstrom has more skill. (Honestly, that's the line I've been expecting to see since Day 1 of camp and I'm surprised we haven't got there yet.)

Marchand - Bergeron - DeBrusk

I'm sure nobody wants to break up the big line right now and that's fair, won't argue. I was just thinking about how we could get DeBrusk going and the fact that he played RW tonight and said in the pre-game interview he's very comfortable on RW made me think there are options we haven't considered before. I mean, it's always felt like he was cemented to that 2LW spot and they wouldn't dare drop him down a line. Well, now that we know he can play RW, what about moving him up a line?

Again, maybe just file this under "look into at a later date when things are flat" if your big issue is not to break up the big line when they're dominating. But it could be the move that creates the depth scoring they lack by putting Krejci with Pasta and Heinen or maybe Cehlarik.

Reactions: smack66

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I'd like to see yesterday's lineup again, after that give Heinen a couple of days on Krejci's wing. I would really like to see Frederic called up and given a chance on the 3rd line as well. I think having so many wing options are almost working against us right now, few of the young guys are spending any amount of time on one line or even on one wing, which I think is hurting their chemistry and ability to get into the swing of things. I think Donato should get a few games down in Providence right now, maybe just for the rest of October and then bring him back up and move Nordstrom back to the 4th line.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Columbus is in win now mode but they have to think about their future with not being able to sign Panarin long term.

I wonder if we could offer a win now package along with some good futures.

Krug, Backes (5mill), Cehlarik and 1st
For
Panarin signed 8.5mill x 8 years

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Heinen-Krejci-Panarin
Debrusk-Frederic-Bjork
Accairi-Kuraly-Wagner

Reactions: Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Columbus is in win now mode but they have to think about their future with not being able to sign Panarin long term.

For

Heinen-Krejci-Panarin
Debrusk-Frederic-Bjork
Accairi-Kuraly-Wagner

I like this...

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

For

Heinen-Krejci-Panarin
Debrusk-Frederic-Bjork
Accairi-Kuraly-Wagner

I don't see that being nearly enough to land a signed Panarin.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
With Nordstrom apparently fitting in on that line well largely due to his skating, I wonder if that means a guy like Senyshyn mighy eventually gel there.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
With Nordstrom apparently fitting in on that line well largely due to his skating, I wonder if that means a guy like Senyshyn mighy eventually gel there.
Not sure Senyshyn is ever going to make it. Not showing much in Providence.
Zboril struggling as well.
2015 1st round misses.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Not sure Senyshyn is ever going to make it. Not showing much in Providence.
Zboril struggling as well.
2015 1st round misses.

Broken record. Broken record. Broken record. Zboril is struggling? Going off what you’ve watched or just get done scouring EliteProspects and saw he’s a -3 in 2 games. OH THE HORROR OMGGGGGGGGGG.

Reactions: Thrive

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
Nor does Panarin sign for only 1.5 million more than Evander Kane.

And Panarin has said he wants to sign in a city with a significant population of young Russians. Likely limits his market to NY (three teams), LA, San Jose, Miami or Chicago.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Who do people think will be the odd man out when Krug comes back, Moore seems to be the #6 by time usage but I'm not sure that Cassidy wants two short LD in the lineup. Gryz is certainly making it difficult.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Who do people think will be the odd man out when Krug comes back, Moore seems to be the #6 by time usage but I'm not sure that Cassidy wants two short LD in the lineup. Gryz is certainly making it difficult.

The #6 guy might be rotated like Donato Heinen Bjork trio.

I think Moore Gryz Miller might all get rotated in or out depending on how each are playing at the moment.

Reactions: Tampbear

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
The #6 guy might be rotated like Donato Heinen Bjork trio.

I think Moore Gryz Miller might all get rotated in or out depending on how each are playing at the moment.

Or they may decide based on opponents.

Versus a Toronto, you may want Moore and Gryz over Miller because of their skating alone. But then again, you may want Miller and Moore against that deadly PP. Or you might want to go 11 forwards and 7 d-men and give Gryz some time on the wing. Versus a Montreal, it would be different.

Big decision has to be made.

Reactions: Thrive and Tampbear
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->