Line Combos: 2018 -2019 Line/D Pairing discussions & proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
You kept saying Krejci never worked with Pastrnak, though IIRC they didn't play together very long. Those two also haven't played much with DeBrusk.

It's not "beating a dead horse." It's more like giving a horse time to learn to walk.

Like Krejci and endless rotation of wingers since 2015?

Even Krejci and Debrusk never shown anything near the domination of Marchand Krejci Pasta combo in the past

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Time may be short for some Bruins’ fill-ins - The Boston Globe

Time is running short for the less established players in the lineup.
Patrice Bergeron’s return, likely this weekend, could push Colby Cave out of the lineup. When Jake DeBrusk is ready, he’ll take a spot on the wing, which could send an inexperienced forward like Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson to the press box.

Defensemen Zdeno Chara and Kevan Miller aren’t far away, putting Steven Kampfer on notice. Another blueliner will have to sit, too — perhaps Matt Grzelcyk, though he has played well with increased responsibility.

Coach Bruce Cassidy hopes players will let him worry about those hard decisions.

So Miller is a staple over Grz.... many would dispute this

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
You can debate those options for sure, but the reality is you can't have enough defense. At this point in the season they haven't yet had all of them healthy at once so it wouldn't be very smart to trade anyone from that group at all when guys like McAvoy, Miller and Chara are just coming back. They've pretty much had every one of the guys they've dressed this year out for one reason or another. You don't mess with that now when they're just getting back to full strength
I'm not advocating trading anyone right this second, but guys are getting back healthy again, and assuming we arern't struck again a second time in short notice, this is going to be an issue really soon. Within a couple of weeks we will likely be seeing one of Moore, Gryz, or Killer sitting. Unless the offense just needed the top line split up we will continue to struggle to score. I don't see why its so hard to believe at some point in this season or over the summer one of our D might get traded for a top 6 forward.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
Nordstrom-Krejci-Pastrnak
Donato-JFK-Wagner
Kuraly-Cave-Backes
DeBrusk-Acciari

Krug-Carlo
Moore-Kampfer
Grzelcyk-McAvoy
Chara-Miller

I would switch Donato and Nordstrom. Wagner has been skating great and generating chances, maybe the young guys can finish.

What happens then when everyone is back, assuming for next week? It's either 13 and 8 or 14 and 7. At this point you probably keep the 8 d. So a forward out of that group needs to go to Providence. JFK and Donato do not need to go through waivers.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I'm not advocating trading anyone right this second, but guys are getting back healthy again, and assuming we arern't struck again a second time in short notice, this is going to be an issue really soon. Within a couple of weeks we will likely be seeing one of Moore, Gryz, or Killer sitting. Unless the offense just needed the top line split up we will continue to struggle to score. I don't see why its so hard to believe at some point in this season or over the summer one of our D might get traded for a top 6 forward.

They will have to make a move at some point yes. But they're in a great situation when everyone is healthy as they will have plenty of options no matter what happens

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So Miller is a staple over Grz.... many would dispute this

True, of course Miller is a natural RHD. Miller also brings an element to the game (Physicality), that the Bruins are lacking in.

I would assume it would be a matchups situation, and different guys might play different nights

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
What does easy start mean?

Is MTL and Ducks mediocre?

Also goaltending for the most part has been solid the whole season

Not sure if you noticed or not, but last night, every time the College Line forced a faceoff in the ANA zone, even if they had only been out there for 20 seconds, Cassidy put the Krejci line out for the faceoff.

I don’t think Krejci is bad defensively by any means, but he’s not Bergeron.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
Nordstrom-Krejci-Pastrnak
Donato-JFK-Wagner
Kuraly-Cave-Backes
DeBrusk-Acciari

What happens then when everyone is back, assuming for next week? It's either 13 and 8 or 14 and 7. At this point you probably keep the 8 d. So a forward out of that group needs to go to Providence. JFK and Donato do not need to go through waivers.

Nordtrom has been playing much better than Donato and he's producing. Donato needs to work on his strength. Sorry don't see a place for Donato just yet.

But great to see Heins with Bergeron and Marchand. Great move.

Reactions: FanSince72

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Like Krejci and endless rotation of wingers since 2015?

Even Krejci and Debrusk never shown anything near the domination of Marchand Krejci Pasta combo in the past

My point was that Krejci and Pastrnak don’t have a long enough history of being unproductive to say they shouldn’t be together.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Why.... Aren’t you willing to find scoring depth ......if the case, you need to split 63 and 88.

you need 3 productive players to make a line. having two lines with a non producing player to carry will hurt. Anyway I don't really expect Marchand and Pasta to be broken up.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
you need 3 productive players to make a line. having two lines with a non producing player to carry will hurt. Anyway I don't really expect Marchand and Pasta to be broken up.

I beleive Debrusk can play on the top 6. I beleive Placed with Pastrnak and DK could work. Unless you beleive Debrusk ain’t a top 6. Bergeron with Marchand will be good with anyone. You could also swap Bergeron and DK, depending on who you want on the hardest assignement.
But if you want one top line ..... capable of being placed in every situation, in the three zone 200 feet game, on home and opponents ice, you keep Bergeron centering the top line.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
My point was that Krejci and Pastrnak don’t have a long enough history of being unproductive to say they shouldn’t be together.

Ok... but why didnt Cassidy give it more time then?

Will he give it more time moving fwd at the expense of struggles/losses so that it can gel

Cassidy factor also needs to be considered in this equation

Prior to this (Begeron out) to try to balance the lineup he placed JFK, Cave at the top spot.... but was a wrong/ineffective experiment

I still like the idea of keeping Marchand Krejci Pasta and seeing what Bergy can do with others

Its only one experiment vs safety net

If you go back to Marchy Bergy pasta... drop Krejci ...you are back to a one line offense team

If you pair Marchand Bergy one line and Krejci Pasta on another... you may weaken one line and experiment with another

When team cant score goals...what does Cassidy do? Bad habit of promoting Pasta back to the top line...then leaving him there moving fwd

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I beleive Debrusk can play on the top 6. I beleive Placed with Pastrnak and DK could work. Unless you beleive Debrusk ain’t a top 6. Bergeron with Marchand will be good with anyone. You could also swap Bergeron and DK, depending on who you want on the hardest assignement.
But if you want one top line ..... capable of being placed in every situation, in the three zone 200 feet game, on home and opponents ice, you keep Bergeron centering the top line.

Is Debrusk back? I was commenting on today's practice lines, and I don't believe Nordstrom and Heinen belong in the top 6

Reactions: rocketdan9

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Ok... but why didnt Cassidy give it more time then?

Will he give it more time moving fwd at the expense of struggles/losses so that it can gel

Cassidy factor also needs to be considered in this equation

Prior to this (Begeron out) to try to balance the lineup he placed JFK, Cave at the top spot.... but was a wrong/ineffective experiment

I still like the idea of keeping Marchand Krejci Pasta and seeing what Bergy can do with others

Its only one experiment vs safety net

If you go back to Marchy Bergy pasta... drop Krejci ...you are back to a one line offense team

If you pair Marchand Bergy one line and Krejci Pasta on another... you may weaken one line and experiment with another

When team cant score goals...what does Cassidy do? Bad habit of promoting Pasta back to the top line...then leaving him there moving fwd

Fair enough. I like the idea of Bergeron w/Marchand and Krejci w/Pastrnak.

No matter how we slice it, one more legit top 6 winger is needed imo.

Reactions: rocketdan9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->