Line Combos: 2018 -2019 Line/D Pairing discussions & proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Yes and no.

A lot of times “doing the little things” leads to other things, and that results in goals. It doesn’t mean that it’s going to show up on the scoresheet and result in Heinen accumulating points. I don’t want to speak for Bill, but I think that’s what he was getting at with his post?

For example, watch Heinen in his own end and the NZ. He’s not perfect by any stretch, but he rarely makes mistakes that go the other way. He’s always calm, takes his time, and makes good passes to teammates that allow them to take the puck the other way. That pass is probably 3/4 removed from an assist, but it was a key in starting the whole process.

Guys like that are useful and it’s appreciated by me. He needs to do that AND put up more points I think.

If he becomes a consistent 45 point player and also continues to make the smart play, I’ll love that so much. I want him to get to that level but I have some doubts.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
Guys like that are useful and it’s appreciated by me. He needs to do that AND put up more points I think.

If he becomes a consistent 45 point player and also continues to make the smart play, I’ll love that so much. I want him to get to that level but I have some doubts.

Thanks Gordon :thumbu:, that covers my perceptions surrounding Heinen. Just hope he finds a way to dissipate the doubts, that would be huge for the Bs.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site

I think they need to move Backes back to that third line and let him take faceoffs. It atleast gives that line a fighting chance. Both JFK and Nordstrom face off percentages is in the 30s

Marchard-Cave-Pasta
Donato-Krejci-DeBrusk
Heinen-JFK-Backes
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Man the kid forwards are really frustrating this year, on one hand Heinen and Bjork are/were both playing solid hockey but the production is just brutal right now. I really didn't expect slumps to last this long and its starting to make me think last year's production for Heinen was more of a fluke. I think he has it in him to start producing but it needs to happen soon. I think having no solid 3rd line center is part of the problem, it keeps any of the young kids ever getting comfortable, Debrusk is the only one that knows his position in the lineup.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Keep Backes on the 4th line, too slow for the pace of the game. Nordstrom is a way more effective player. JFK was in Providence and played yesterday, should have left him there to develop more. Give it a week or so and Frederic will be up hopefully.

Last edited:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
lines are pretty scary at the moment as far as getting offense is concerned but thank god the team has heart and character and has realized it needs to buckle down air tight defensively. cant fault our boys for their attention to detail now or their dogged determination to stay in their lanes

obviously we don't have enough talent to put together 2 scoring lines though

we need to put our eggs into one basket

does that mean david krecji centers marchand/pastranak? does it mean marchand or pastrnak join debrusk and krecji

sadly marchand has been firing on just 3 cylinders most the year and pastrnak seems to be battling a wrist injury for most of the past month.

maybe we do a line of donato centering for debrusk and pastrnak and tell them the other 3 lines will worry about defense... attack attack attack

but I have to add… for all the crap the bottom 6 gets for not being able to score... they got to get their props for this defense they are playing. yes the goalies are hot... yes the defense is very talented... but the forwards are doing their job too

hopefully as we move forward Bergeron/pastrnak get healthy... Heinen/donato/Bjork find their mojo... and whatever has knocked marchand back a peg will straighten itself out too. I am a believer in all these guys and I do expect better... but theres a lot of underperforming/or absent assets in this lineup right now and theres no chance in hell we can compete at playoff time without multiple returns to form here

what would I do with the starting lineup next game if I had to make a final decision?
pastrnak/marchand/derbusk
backes/krecji/donato
accari/cave/Heinen
wagner/kuraly/Nordstrom

how would that be for something totally experimental?

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Who is the most skilled C in Providence? JFK? Frederic? Fitzgerald? Bring him up and put him between Marchand and Pasta. Or Studnicka on an emergency basis. Cave not cutting it in that spot.

Bring back Björk. Sit Acciari.

Have Cassidy checked up in geriatric service for dementia. Why else would he be putting Acciari and Wagner on the 3rd line?

Enough with the Madness.

Marchand-Providence most skilled C-Pasta
Heinen-Krejci-DeBrusk
Donato-Backes-Björk
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
:laugh:

And a total of 6 in the lineup by my count:

Cave
Nordstrom
Kuraly
Backes
Acciari
Wagner

Don't expect any production from these 6.

Too many no hands grinders on that team. No surprise they can't bring any offense.

Only Pasta, DeBrusk and Marchand can score on that team right now. Krejci is in a 18 goaless streak but at least provides offense with great passes and Heinen+Donato have skills. That's about it.

Björk is abetter option than any of those 6. JFK/Frederic/Studnicka should be called up and take the place of any of those 6. Same with Senyshyn. Put some skills in that lineup and the goals will come. Keep using these 6 stone hands, enjoy the zero goals night...

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Don't expect any production from these 6.

Too many no hands grinders on that team. No surprise they can't bring any offense.

Only Pasta, DeBrusk and Marchand can score on that team right now. Krejci is in a 18 goaless streak but at least provides offense with great passes and Heinen+Donato have skills. That's about it.

Björk is abetter option than any of those 6. JFK/Frederic/Studnicka should be called up and take the place of any of those 6. Same with Senyshyn. Put some skills in that lineup and the goals will come. Keep using these 6 stone hands, enjoy the zero goals night...

I don't know why we haven't seen Senyshyn. I'm developing a conspiracy theory (always a good idea, haha) that they are looking to sell him as all potential before he ever sees the NHL. Maybe they think another team will see his size, speed, and physicality and want him.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I don't know why we haven't seen Senyshyn. I'm developing a conspiracy theory (always a good idea, haha) that they are looking to sell him as all potential before he ever sees the NHL. Maybe they think another team will see his size, speed, and physicality and want him.
We haven't seen him because he's not ready.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Crazy thought, but why not try Heinen at center? It's an idea I've been pushing since before the season.

I know he hasn't played there at all as a professional, but that was his main position in college. I don't know if he has any sort of face-off ability, but he's got the defensive skills to pull it off. Put him between Marchand and Pastrnak. I've had enough of Cave.

Reactions: Tampbear and Estlin

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Hideous. Top to bottom.

At this point, here's what I (and I'm sure many) are looking at when all healthy:

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- ??????
Heinen -- ?????? -- ??????
Nordstrom -- Kuraly -- Backes
Acciari/Cave/Wagner/Nordstrom/Kuraly/Backes = lololol, insert any of these players on the 4th line.

Chara -- McAvoy
Krug -- Carlo
Grzelcyk -- Moore
Miller

The ?????? are just not ready to be filled by the likes of Bjork, Donato, JFK, Frederic, Cave, etc. Time for Sweeney to shit or get off the pot. I've been pretty pro-Sweeney since he's taken over, but I'm getting really annoyed right now. Maybe Cehlarik can be an option for that 3rd line RW spot, but there's still two major holes that need to be filled. If they continue to free fall, and don't fix anything, sell at the TDL and get a high pick. Revamp the prospect pool with high picks in a deep draft, and hit the offseason hard. It's Shit or get off the pot time for Sweeney and company.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
At this point, here's what I (and I'm sure many) are looking at when all healthy:

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- ??????
Heinen -- ?????? -- ??????
Nordstrom -- Kuraly -- Backes
Acciari/Cave/Wagner/Nordstrom/Kuraly/Backes = lololol, insert any of these players on the 4th line.

Chara -- McAvoy
Krug -- Carlo
Grzelcyk -- Moore
Miller

The ?????? are just not ready to be filled by the likes of Bjork, Donato, JFK, Frederic, Cave, etc. Time for Sweeney to **** or get off the pot. I've been pretty pro-Sweeney since he's taken over, but I'm getting really annoyed right now. Maybe Cehlarik can be an option for that 3rd line RW spot, but there's still two major holes that need to be filled. If they continue to free fall, and don't fix anything, sell at the TDL and get a high pick. Revamp the prospect pool with high picks in a deep draft, and hit the offseason hard. It's **** or get off the pot time for Sweeney and company.

I like this. I might push Heinen up with Krejci and DeBrusk. The points haven't been there, but that line has played well. I'd also pencil in Bjork. Similar with Heinen, points are non-existent, but he's played well while he's been in there.

As for 3rd line C, I think you give Frederic a shot once he's done getting back into playing shape after recovering from his injury. I haven't seen him play in Providence, and I imagine those who have would say he's not ready, but I think you give him a chance, and if it doesn't work, you have to go out and trade for somebody.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA

Bruins have at least one 4th liner on EVERY. SINGLE. LINE.

Good lord, hard to believe we're only missing one forward.

Can Krug or Gryz play wing? :laugh:

Seriously, looking at these lines makes me wonder if we should trade Chara to a real contender for a high pick and good prospect and tank for a worth while center prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->