Line Combos: 2018 -2019 Line/D Pairing discussions & proposals - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
The lines I'd like to see for the next couple games...

Marchy - Bergeron - Donato*
Cehlarik - Krejci - Pastrnak
Heinen - JFK**-DeBrusk
Kuraly - Backes*** - Wagner

*I think Donato would benefit from not having to be the guy carrying the puck into the zone. He's good from the blue line in and 63/37 can dominate all three zones all by themselves. So this lets him just pop in and out of the play which I think he'd be good at. At the deadline, you upgrade.

**When Heinen and DeBrusk are together they put up huge Corsi numbers (that means they generate lots of scoring chances while allowing very few). DeBrusk played his best hockey in two weeks away from David Krejci. He does not need DK46 to steal pucks and take it to the net. This would give us a legitimately dangerous 3rd scoring line, especially if we upgrade JFK at the deadline.

***Swapping Acciari for Backes... just a hunch there but Backes can hit and win draws, he has more skill than Acciari. Backes also plays well with Kuraly. I'd like to see what it looks like anyway. We need to get something out of Backes and we can always go back to Acciari if it doesn't work.

At the deadline you can upgrade your 3c and RW...

Marchy - Bergeron - Silfverberg (or Ferland or whoever)
Cehlarik - Krejci - Pastrnak
Heinen - Schenn - DeBrusk
Kuraly - Acciari - Wagner

I think that lineup could go toe to toe with Tampa and Washington. Especially when you factor in our defense.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Tomorrow I think Debrusk sits. They play the injury card so he doesn't get his feelings hurt.
Cehlarik - Krec- Backes. Philly is not an overly quick team, so that will be fine.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Over whom?

Over Carlo imo but I doubt people here share that opinion. I think Moore is the better player right now. Would not break up the 3rd pairing of Grzelcyk-Miller.

Also this team really needs to flip flop DeBrusk/Pastrnak. Try DeBrusk with Bergeron/Marchand, all Czechs for line 2. Maybe Frederic can help the 3rd line.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Bruins are making a mistake demoting JFK right now. He’s coming off his best stretch as an NHL player and his reward is a demotion?

Let the kid play it out for a few more games and if he regresses, then send him down.

This managment team needs to lose its obsession with getting “bigger” and “heavier”.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Bruins are making a mistake demoting JFK right now. He’s coming off his best stretch as an NHL player and his reward is a demotion?

Let the kid play it out for a few more games and if he regresses, then send him down.

This managment team needs to lose its obsession with getting “bigger” and “heavier”.

I don't see why Boston couldn't try Frederic and JFK as the #3 and #4 centers for a couple of games.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Over Carlo imo but I doubt people here share that opinion. I think Moore is the better player right now. Would not break up the 3rd pairing of Grzelcyk-Miller.

Also this team really needs to flip flop DeBrusk/Pastrnak. Try DeBrusk with Bergeron/Marchand, all Czechs for line 2. Maybe Frederic can help the 3rd line.
Carlo????

He's been lights out IMO. He's taken his game to another level.

I agree that theres an argument for Moore over Killer or Gryz. But Carlo?? No way!

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Carlo????

He's been lights out IMO. He's taken his game to another level.

I agree that theres an argument for Moore over Killer or Gryz. But Carlo?? No way!

I would say the weakest of the seven d is Killer but he is a right shot. This may not be popular and not sure Chara would except it but, I would like to see him sit sometimes with seven healthy D

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I would say the weakest of the seven d is Killer but he is a right shot. This may not be popular and not sure Chara would except it but, I would like to see him sit sometimes with seven healthy D

Moore was really looking good too, not playing is going to derail him I feel, he needs ice time. He's going to try to do too much (exhibit A his only game played in awhile) and he runs around.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don't see why Boston couldn't try Frederic and JFK as the #3 and #4 centers for a couple of games.

Exactly, nothing against Frederic but why was JFK the fall guy? Especially considering Kuraly has looked much better as the 4th line LW. They won’t use Backes there so we sent down a young guy gaining confidence and improving so they can keep rolling out Acciari and keep this ridiculous vaunted energy line intact?

I know some people think I’m nuts constantly ragging on 4th line grinder types but this is the kind of short-sighted crap I’ve come to expect from this management group. All in the pursuit of a style of play from yesteryear.

Bad enough they has the lowest shooting % I believe in the NHL. Frederic isn’t exactly fleet of foot, neither is Cehlarik.

Are the Boston Bruins the slowest group of forwards in the NHL?

I think its a safe bet to say its the slowest Bottom 6 in the league as currently constructed.

Reactions: smack66 and Estlin

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Exactly, nothing against Frederic but why was JFK the fall guy? Especially considering Kuraly has looked much better as the 4th line LW. They won’t use Backes there so we sent down a young guy gaining confidence and improving so they can keep rolling out Acciari and keep this ridiculous vaunted energy line intact?

I know some people think I’m nuts constantly ragging on 4th line grinder types but this is the kind of short-sighted crap I’ve come to expect from this management group. All in the pursuit of a style of play from yesteryear.

Bad enough they has the lowest shooting % I believe in the NHL. Frederic isn’t exactly fleet of foot, neither is Cehlarik.

I think its a safe bet to say its the slowest Bottom 6 in the league as currently constructed.

Nah, this isn't about NA or SK. It's about David Backes. They're still trying to get something of value out of this horrendous signing. So they're sending down JFK instead of admitting they f***ed up by over paying for a declining asset like David Backes. Backes should be cut at this point. He doesn't deserve a spot on any NHL roster, he's been that bad. Them still rolling him out is equal parts arrogance and pride. Just brutal.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Nah, this isn't about NA or SK. It's about David Backes. They're still trying to get something of value out of this horrendous signing. So they're sending down JFK instead of admitting they ****ed up by over paying for a declining asset like David Backes. Backes should be cut at this point. He doesn't deserve a spot on any NHL roster, he's been that bad. Them still rolling him out is equal parts arrogance and pride. Just brutal.

Dat leadership, tho'.

Reactions: LSCII

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

I am sympathetic to sending JFK down right now given how much he has been improving. But, its also not like he has taken the world by storm either. I'm sure they messaged it well to JFK. Frederic being PPG for a dozen games down there certainly deserves a look. This isn't just about BIG GOOD SOFT BAD caveman whatever.

That being said, I do think that when your primary advantage over your probable first round opponent... and your clearest path to beating TB... is by being big and controlling the puck on the cycle...well...maybe you should do that. Bruins ain't gonna out-skill Tampa or Toronto anytime soon, no matter what trades they make.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Bruins obsessed w big and heavy again. Had to make moves and sent the guys down with options so I get that but Backes on the 3rd line still,,would rather Nordstrom.

I'd rather Nordstrom than Backes, too, probably (despite my post one above). But, Frederic mostly played with Backes in preseason, so maybe give him something familiar to start.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

If you don't send down JFK, who are YOU putting thru waivers?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

Bottom 6 getting big.

Love that they’re giving Frederic a shot. I know JFK was improving but I am excited to see Frederic. He was better than JFK in camp and has been playing some outstanding hockey in Providence. I usually caution patience, I don’t think you can evaluate anyone until they’re north of 20 games in the league but I have a feeling he’s going to be better than JFK right out of the gate.

I also don’t hate that Backes is on the 3rd line. They’re not going to trust Donato there in the playoffs so it’s time to see if we have an in-house option for that wing before the deadline.

Although I don’t get why they didn’t send those guys down before the break?

Last edited:
Reactions: LouJersey

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Love that they’re giving Frederic a shot. I know JFK was improving but I am excited to see Frederic. He was better than JFK in camp and has been playing some outstanding hockey in Providence. I usually caution patience, I don’t think you can evaluate oanyone until they’re north of 20 games in the league but I have a feeling he’s going to be better than JFK right out of the gate.

I also don’t hate that Backes in on the 3rd line. They’re not going to trust Donato there in the playoffs, so it’s time to see if we have an in house option for that wing before the deadline.

Although I don’t get why they didn’t send those guys down before the break?

Let them have an extra week of NHL paychecks before giving them the bad news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->