Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
Cehlarik-Krejci-Pastrnak
Debrusk-JFK-Heinen
Nordstrom-Cave-Backes

Spread everything out and give each line options that can actually score. We can’t have six 4th liners make up the entirety of the bottom two lines anymore.

Between Nordstrom, Kuraly, Acciari, Wagner, Backes, and Cave pick 3 of them and that’s your 4th. The others should sit.

Again, Cave was Providence's best player hands down, but you think he's a 4th liner and now JFK (who was benched for Cave), Bjork on the top NHL line and Cehlarik on the 2nd NHL Line are the answers. They are not.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
i think bruce should start the game with a lineup . then every 4 or five shifts he should jumble them up .. maybe take a 4th liner and try repeatedly to play on the 2nd line..then i would take that guy on the second line and constantly change which line he plays on. maybe even make him sit a few shifts really crush his confidence and try to figure out why hes not playing better. next i would take a young kid with skill and put him with a guy that can no longer keep up to the pace of the nhl and has lost all offensive abilities, maybe add a faceoff guy with zero offensive abilities to that line. i would also continue to send my 4th line center and tell him to get the puck, do at least six 180's along the boards and maintain individual possesion for as long as possible, then when you get the chance spin and wing the puck in the vicinity of the goalie . what am i missing, oh yes, if you do find yourself with a young, quick skilled line, stop using it immediately and sit the C for someone who might bring a little more jam.. you know, because jam is really achieving offensive success at this point . ..... bruce if floundering right now and it doesnt look good. the top line is going to be so burnt out by the playofffs, if they make it in the playoffs. there is ZERO plan on the offensive end

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Again, Cave was Providence's best player hands down, but you think he's a 4th liner and now JFK (who was benched for Cave), Bjork on the top NHL line and Cehlarik on the 2nd NHL Line are the answers. They are not.
JFK was sent down instead of Cave because of the waivers situation, not because JFK wasn't producing. He actually was playing well at 3c. JFK is not a 4th line style player at all. Caves style would work well on the 4th line. JFK on the third line and Cave on the fourth makes total sense.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
It's probably time for Boston to mix things up.

Marchand-Krejci-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Bergeron-Bjork
Donato-JFK-Heinen
Cehlarik-Cave/Kuraly-Backes
Nordstrom/Wagner

Chara-McAvoy
Grzelcyk-Carlo
Krug-Moore
Miller

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008

Frederic and Cehlarik were better players than Cave, JFK, Donato, Bjork, Backes in the preseason camp. Did they make the team? No. Instead now we have the log jam of junk and players who couldn't cut it in the top6 given the opportunity.

This is the list of players I remember in top6 at some point this season:
Heinen
Cave
JFK
Donato
Nordstrom
Backes
Wagner

It's time to change it. The league has changed in favor of youth, skill and speed.

Marchand-Krejci-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Bergeron-Bjork
Senyshyn-JFK-Cehlarik
Heinen-Cave-Blidh

Reactions: Mainehockey33

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Said it all year Krech and DeBrusk have zero chemistry. Backes has to be back on the 4th line. Chara and Miller come back and add muscle but they do stifle the break outs bigtime. It depends on the match ups who comes in and out on dee

Put Krech on the top line, only way he earns his salary and is effective. Bergy DeBrusk and Bjork, both kids have motors. Bergy can play with anyone he is not a special case center. Balances out 2 lines of speed and scoring and 2 checking lines, that can PK

Send down Donato, he has only one skill - shooting form everywhere (Vatrano). He got the green light treatment too easily in my view. He needs to be in the AHL a whole year, just does not have the separation speed or puck protection skills yet.

DeBrusk-Bergeron-Bjork
Marchand-Krejci-Pastrnak
Heinen-Cave-Nordstrom
Wagner-Kuraly-Backes
Acciari

Chara-McAvoy
Grzelcyk-Carlo
Krug-Moore
Miller

Last edited:

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Practice lines 10 min ago. What did Krejci do to Cassidy to go from Marchand to Nordstrom?

Nordstrom goes from a career 4th line, DNP to playing top 5 min (fwds) and promoted to 2nd line. Unbelievable.... I dont dislike him. Plays hard but is not a top 6 winger yesterday, today, tomorrow

Heinen - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Nordstrom - Krejci - DeBrusk
Donato - Cave - Backes
Kuraly - Acciari - Wagner
JFK

Chara - Carlo
Krug - Moore
Grzelcyk - Miller
Kampfer

Rask
Halak

Last edited:

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I don't understand dropping Heinen off the 2nd line so quickly. He helped create the best chance of 2nd period and then was immediately swapped with Nordstrom

D pairings look like they plan to play without McAvoy.

Reactions: HustleB

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Practice lines 10 min ago. What did Krejci do to Cassidy to go from Marchand to Nordstrom?

Nordstrom goes from a career 4th line, DNP to playing top 5 min (fwds) and promoted to 2nd line. Unbelievable.... I dont dislike him. Plays hard but is not a top 6 winger yesterday, today, tomorrow

Donato - Cave - Backes
JFK

Chara - Carlo
Krug - Moore
Grzelcyk - Miller
Kampfer

Rask
Halak

Krejci has had Nordstrom as a linemate for probably 60/70% of the season it’s a minor miracle he’s producing as well as he has this year

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I don't understand dropping Heinen off the 2nd line so quickly. He helped create the best chance of 2nd period and then was immediately swapped with Nordstrom

D pairings look like they plan to play without McAvoy.

Heinen is mr bandaid

After healing throw away by Cassidy

I cant imagine how many times Cassidy taps this guy on shoulders

Hey you are going on the 2nd line

Hey you are going on the 4th line

Hey can you get me a gatorade

Hey can you bring my car

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal

Donato - Cave - Backes
JFK

Chara - Carlo
Krug - Moore
Grzelcyk - Miller
Kampfer

Rask
Halak
The way they force Debrusk with Krejci is maddening. Ridiculous.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
The way they force Debrusk with Krejci is maddening. Ridiculous.

Whats even more maddening is how Cassidy has suddenly turned into CJ but almost twice as bad

Where is the free flowing offense we saw two years ago? Even parts of last season

this season it seems like he wants to win the stingiest goals against team award

Reactions: Strafer

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Whats even more maddening is how Cassidy has suddenly turned into CJ but almost twice as bad

Where is the free flowing offense we saw two years ago? Even parts of last season

this season it seems like he wants to win the stingiest goals against team award

Bjork/Donato didn't replace Spooner/Rick Nash as a "good enough" winger for Krejci
JFK/Frederic didn't replace Riley Nash
Backes fell off the earth
Heinen fell off the earth

They went from a team short a winger for Krejci to a team dressing 7 guys putting up 4th liner numbers. Everything went wrong. Their only choice right now is to try to win 0-0.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bjork/Donato didn't replace Spooner/Rick Nash as a "good enough" winger for Krejci
JFK/Frederic didn't replace Riley Nash
Backes fell off the earth
Heinen fell off the earth

They went from a team short a winger for Krejci to a team dressing 7 guys putting up 4th liner numbers. Everything went wrong. Their only choice right now is to try to win 0-0.

This is true. Backes and Heinen fell off the earth plus not replacing Nash .... all comes down to one thing. Getting a proper 3c. There is still a chance Backes hit that "mark" and is on an unavoidable decline....but shouldn't be the case for Heinen

Reactions: Strafer

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
They need to see if Bergeron can be productive with JDB and whomever because it’s obvious Krejci can only perform up to his level and contract when he has all star wingers
I think with an actual legit RW and JDB he'd be fine, but given what they have right now it's clear that you're leaving a lot on the table if you don't put Krejci with Pasta & Marchand.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Boston needs to add a good 3rd line C (preferably left-handed) via trade that can shift into the top 6 when necessary. I also think they should break up the top line and go with a pairing system (Marchand/Bergeron, Krejci/Pastrnak/, DeBrusk/Trade, rotate Heinen/Donato/Bjork around these pairs). Roll 3 lines with speed and skill, stuff the grinders onto the 4th line.

Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
Donato-Krejci-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Trade-Bjork
Backes/Kuraly/Nordstrom/Wagner

Please send Cave down and waive Acciari.

Defense and goaltending should be fine.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
This is true. Backes and Heinen fell off the earth plus not replacing Nash .... all comes down to one thing. Getting a proper 3c. There is still a chance Backes hit that "mark" and is on an unavoidable decline....but shouldn't be the case for Heinen

Getting a proper 3c probably gets them back to last year. Which was a team that still needed help on the 2nd line. I dunno. I have been optimistic that as they got healthy things would be ok... but TBH I'm starting to be worried they overrated too many of the prospects...or at least how close they were to being ready.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Also, once Backes gets suspended they better just not insert #55. Call up Bjork or better yet Senny.
Thanks for reminding me that I need to go down to my basement and haul up some crap I don't mind getting broken and put it in front of the stuff I value in my TV room.

Reactions: Estlin

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Thanks for reminding me that I need to go down to my basement and haul up some crap I don't mind getting broken and put it in front of the stuff I value in my TV room.

What the hell, call them both up and demote #55. But if one or the other, I'd rather see Bjork. I think he's earned it, plus it'd be cool for him to go back to ND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->