Prospect Info: 2018-2019 General Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleestak Nation

Jul 6, 2009
Land of the Lost
Connor Dewar is currently on the shelf for the Everett Silvertips with an upper body injury. Apparently has missed the past four games.

Their next game is Friday but with an eight point lead in the US Division of the WHL and a potential playoff run in the offing, I'd imagine they won't risk him in the interim.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Cal O'Rielly is tied for 12th in AHL scoring, is a C, and is over a PPG. Is there something wrong with this guy's game? Too slow? Too weak? Runs into restaurants while drunk?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
30 years old and doesnt stand out when he is called up. could be a fine 4th liner.
His competition is Brown, Rau, Rask, and Aberg, unless he's one of those guys who can only play C. I like Brown's feistiness and speed, but his inability to contribute ANYTHING offensively is scary.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
His competition is Brown, Rau, Rask, and Aberg, unless he's one of those guys who can only play C. I like Brown's feistiness and speed, but his inability to contribute ANYTHING offensively is scary.
well in the few games i did see of him he wasnt much different from brown, slower but taller. unsure as like i said he doesnt stand out so i dont know what he really offers.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
well in the few games i did see of him he wasnt much different from brown, slower but taller. unsure as like i said he doesnt stand out so i dont know what he really offers.
Well, he must be able to handle the puck decently.

P10p

May 15, 2012
I've been watching iowa this year got the ahl package and o Reilly seems to have very good vision and hockey IQ at the ahl level. Knows where soft spots are on the ice. Maybe hes not able to apply his skill when the game speeds up at the nhl level.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Menell continues to put up points. 37 in 50 something games. Seems to be the same size as Belpedio, but one year younger, and scores twice the amount of points. Wonder if either will make it up to the NHL? We certainly can use a RHD, though it seems to me that we have plenty of moderate to smallish sized offensive Dmen, and could use some defensive types with a bit of size and strength. Spurgeon, Hunt, Belpedio, Menell...not the biggest, but seem to have skill. Even Dumba isn't the biggest, but is strong, and big enough. You can see how even he might struggle against bigger guys, though. You can see how Greenway 's reach and leverage causes problems, and i don't think he's filled out yet.

P10p

May 15, 2012
I get the point but how many Greenway sized forwards are there in the league?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I get the point but how many Greenway sized forwards are there in the league?
Well, you said you got my point, so why bring it up? Use Nino, Koivu, Staal, or Coyle as examples then.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Well, you said you got my point, so why bring it up? Use Nino, Koivu, Staal, or Coyle as examples then.
Don't think you get the point if you think Nino, Mikko, Staal, and Coyle are close to the same size as Greenway.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Don't think you get the point if you think Nino, Mikko, Staal, and Coyle are close to the same size as Greenway.
Greenway is yuuuggggeeeee. Staal is the closest forward and it's still a decent 2 inch 20 pound difference. I'd be interested in seeing how Menell does in the NHL compared to the likes of Bitetto and Hunt.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Exactly, was just saying that Greenway is a freak even by NHL standards so using him as an example to say "Oh he can't handle forwards like Greenway" isn't really fair. Bacause as I said, Greenway is the exception not the rule and most d-men will have trouble with Greenway when he fills in more.

TLP

Apr 9, 2018
Word is McBain (Boston College) received a contusion on his kidney from a shot or hit and had to go to hospital early during playoff game #2 against Providence.
Not sure of prognosis as he also missed game 3 which BC won. They play UMASS this Friday haven’t heard whether he’ll play.
Long year for the freshman, with Mono a separated shoulder and now this.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Word is McBain (Boston College) received a contusion on his kidney from a shot or hit and had to go to hospital early during playoff game #2 against Providence.
Not sure of prognosis as he also missed game 3 which BC won. They play UMASS this Friday haven’t heard whether he’ll play.
Long year for the freshman, with Mono a separated shoulder and now this.
when we drafted him i dont recall anything saying injury prone? just dumb luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->