Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Sample size.

His 5 points would be tied for best, and he has played 2 more games than our guys.

Tuch is an NHL forward.

Duke hasn't come close to proving that he's "AHL at worst". He can flame out the same as Lang or Jenys.
Ek, Greenway, Kaprizov and Kunin are "likely" as well.

Reid Duke is as much of an afterthought to me as Avery Peterson. No reason what-so-ever at this point to even remotely consider him a notch in the loss column.

Reactions: 57special

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Alexander Khovanov has been confirmed to play in the upcoming CAN/RUS Series (in two games Vs. Team QMJHL).

Kirill Kaprizov will play for Russia NT at the Karjala Cup in Helsinki (8th-11th of November).

Andrei Svetlakov has been named on Russia NT B-team roster for the Deutschland Cup in Krefeld, Germany (8th-11th of November).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Alexander Khovanov has been confirmed to play in the upcoming CAN/RUS Series (in two games Vs. Team QMJHL).

Kirill Kaprizov will play for Russia NT at the Karjala Cup in Helsinki (8th-11th of November).

Andrei Svetlakov has been named on Russia NT B-team roster for the Deutschland Cup in Krefeld, Germany (8th-11th of November).
Thanks for the info, Caser. What am I missing about Svetlakov? He seems in no way to be a player who can even make a B team, or is he one of those guys who provides things that you can't see on a boxscore?

I have a weird fascination for him. Seems to be able to skate, handle the puck, and have decent strength/size.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Kaprizov is have about the same type of season as he has been having the past two seasons. Slightly down on PPG, but higher on goals projection. I don't know much about his team, looks like Gregorenko is actually leading the team in points.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Thanks for the info, Caser. What am I missing about Svetlakov? He seems in no way to be a player who can even make a B team, or is he one of those guys who provides things that you can't see on a boxscore?

I have a weird fascination for him. Seems to be able to skate, handle the puck, and have decent strength/size.

He really brings a lot of things to the table: defensive game, PK, board battles, hits, face-offs, gets under opponent skin and even collects some points from time to time. Obviously stats don't reflect some of those things.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Friedman reporting that Fenton also met with Andrei Svetlakov during his Russia trip. Makes sense, although Russo did not mention that at all.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Friedman reporting that Fenton also met with Andrei Svetlakov during his Russia trip. Makes sense, although Russo did not mention that at all.

I get the feeling GMPF wants nothing to do with Russo and keeps him in the dark as much as possible.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Why has Sokolov only played 6 games?

He's been a healthy scratch. Iowa has been rotating a lot of the bottom-6 guys in and out of the lineup. Anyone that's not in shape or has nagging/small injuries gets sat.

The AHL schedule looked a lot more like a college schedule than a NHL one so far this year to start the year: back-to-backs on Fri/Sat then 5 days off. Now they are in the middle of a 5 games in 7 days run of games: 3-in-3, 2 days off, then back-to-back 10:30 am games.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Sokolov is scoring as much as Kunin, taking fewer penalties, and has a better +/-. Maybe he should have been the 1st round pick.:sarcasm:

That team looks like they're scoring a lot by committee. It's good to see them doing so well, especially after all the losing seasons down there.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sokolov is scoring as much as Kunin, taking fewer penalties, and has a better +/-. Maybe he should have been the 1st round pick.:sarcasm:

That team looks like they're scoring a lot by committee. It's good to see them doing so well, especially after all the losing seasons down there.
Kinda brought the mood down around here, BH.

Bitten isn't exactly tearing it up, with one assist in 10 games. Is he playing goalie, or what?

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Scoring by committee is a pretty apt description. 11 guys (not including Greenway) with 3 or 4 goals, but nobody with 5+ goals. The assists are pretty spread out too, except COR who's been an assist (12a in 13 games) machine so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad