2018-2019 General Lightning Discussion - Part 2

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I’m starting to eyebthe metro very closely because the Lightning are likely to play #4 from the division in round 1. Right now that’s the Pens, which would suck. Need Columbus to slump or Carolina to get hot.

I suppose the Sabres still have a shot.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I dont think EK has to use us for leverage. A team will back up the brinks to him. I also think he will know that we wont be able to do that for him if he wants to come here. Now will he want to go to a place where they show him the money? Many believe all he wants is to get paid. We just dont know enough at this point. At least we have a good team here and has showed that interest before. If the stars align in that the right things need to happen for us (Point bridge, cap removed) to make it happen then we can probably point to him coming here. At least I think that would be the consensus. If we see those things happen, HF will be saying oh my they are actually making the moves to bring in Karlsson. Whether or not that happens we wont know until after the seasons over. Fun to think about though.

Indeed it's all we can do right now. I do think the push is coming and we are gonna "forbidden fruit" EK if the SJS do not sign him by July 1st. I don't know what kind of numbers JBB/SFY discussed with EK and his agent (if they did) in the midst of all that talk last off-season but it was probably acceptable given he said he would extend with us. But the good news is we don't HAVE TO sign him. We will still have a great team.

In the end I think our chances are just as good as the SJS. Even if we just buyout Callahan we've got almost $19 million in cap post Miller trade --which probably needs to happen anyway

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Indeed it's all we can do right now. I do think the push is coming and we are gonna "forbidden fruit" EK if the SJS do not sign him by July 1st. I don't know what kind of numbers JBB/SFY discussed with EK and his agent (if they did) in the midst of all that talk last off-season but it was probably acceptable given he said he would extend with us. But the good news is we don't HAVE TO sign him. We will still have a great team.

In the end I think our chances are just as good as the SJS. Even if we just buyout Callahan we've got almost $19 million in cap post Miller trade --which probably needs to happen anyway

I highly doubt we were given permission to speak with EK's agent considering how Melnyk stonewalled the East on a trade.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

There is just too many things that have to happen. Enough for me to say if I was a betting man, Id bet against it happening. However, there is reason to believe. We were one of his preferred destinations and its been said before that if we make some moves happen we can fit him in. Whether they happen or not? It doesnt look like it will right now but it could change.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
we should trade for hoffman florida has put him on the block can get him cheap lol and that puts karlsson to bed

JAY7791

Jun 22, 2013
If Karlsson hits FA he's coming here, things would have to shuffle around but not all at once besides Miller or Gourde (I prefer Gourde gone) and Cally gone which we were doing anyways. Karlsson wants to win, I can see him taking a little less with tax advantages and maybe we give him signing bonus option similar to Matthews. He wants to come here, many signs point to it.

If we get EK65, as for next season, I wouldn't mind moving Sergachev for a very good cost controlled winger for Stamkos, we'd have Karlsson, Cernak and Foote on right side with us having to pay Seattle already to not take Cernak as we'd have 3 D slots taken up already.

Hedman-Cernak
McDonagh-Karlsson
_____ - Rutta/Foote

Cant beat that blue line.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
If Karlsson hits FA he's coming here, things would have to shuffle around but not all at once besides Miller or Gourde (I prefer Gourde gone) and Cally gone which we were doing anyways. Karlsson wants to win, I can see him taking a little less with tax advantages and maybe we give him signing bonus option similar to Matthews. He wants to come here, many signs point to it.

If we get EK65, as for next season, I wouldn't mind moving Sergachev for a very good cost controlled winger for Stamkos, we'd have Karlsson, Cernak and Foote on right side with us having to pay Seattle already to not take Cernak as we'd have 3 D slots taken up already.

Hedman-Cernak
McDonagh-Karlsson
_____ - Rutta/Foote

Cant beat that blue line.
Is that a vacant spot on the Tampa blue line?

iu

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Probably more realistic that we do what we did last time, and pay a premium to keep the players.

...Kind of funny how that worked out last time, with the two players we wanted to keep Vegas away from being Dotchin and Koekkoek.

I have concerns about this. I guess Cernak could be a comparable asset to Dotchin/Koekkoek when the time comes, but if he keeps this up, what could we possibly pay to compensate for a young top-4 RHD?

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I have concerns about this. I guess Cernak could be a comparable asset to Dotchin/Koekkoek when the time comes, but if he keeps this up, what could we possibly pay to compensate for a young top-4 RHD?

What the wild gave up to keep Dumba wasn't terrible. I think giving them a 1st to pick Killorn could be beneficial to both teams.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
What the wild gave up to keep Dumba wasn't terrible. I think giving them a 1st to pick Killorn could be beneficial to both teams.

From what I recall Tuch was considered a pretty good prospect at the time. Cernak is no Dumba, and at least Killorn is still a top-6 winger.

Even if we lost one of ABB/Katchouk/Raddysh, I'd be okay with it.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Good article but I think Stralls is the solution.

I'm not sure who if we need to add, etc. Simmonds would be nice, but we need a strong RD to complement Hedman. Stralman is my favorite but Cernak with McDonagh has been deadly. I'd almost wish we could do something with Hedman and Serge.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
I'm not sure who if we need to add, etc. Simmonds would be nice, but we need a strong RD to complement Hedman. Stralman is my favorite but Cernak with McDonagh has been deadly. I'd almost wish we could do something with Hedman and Serge.
I wanted to see Hedman and Sergachev as well but I doubt we try it now. Sergachev will be playing in the playoffs but probably with Coburn.

Reactions: DaBolts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->