Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Ok, I re-posted. Should be ready to go. Hoefenmayer is 6g 5g 5a for 10pts. He's a beast offensively, unfortunately it doesn't look like we're going to sign him, so I guess he would go back into the draft this year. I'm sure someone will take him in the 2nd or 3rd round given his production.

Buschito

Apr 8, 2019
Ok, I re-posted. Should be ready to go. Hoefenmayer is 6g 5g 5a for 10pts. He's a beast offensively, unfortunately it doesn't look like we're going to sign him, so I guess he would go back into the draft this year. I'm sure someone will take him in the 2nd or 3rd round given his production.
Thanks, it’s still not showing for me, even after refresh. That’s crazy they aren’t looking to sign him. Maybe too many LHD already signed?

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
FYI. Draft pick - Michael Callahan's Providence College team plays Minnesota-Duluth tomorrow (Thursday) in the Frozen Four opener, 5:00pm (est) on ESPN2.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
When was the last time the Coyotes had a goaltending prospect as promising as Prosvetov?

Have watched Prosvetov play all year and he has gotten more consistent. He is good on his angles, always challenges shooter, good all around. He has stolen more than a few games this year. I can see him being a real good one for your organization. Yet still unsigned?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Have watched Prosvetov play all year and he has gotten more consistent. He is good on his angles, always challenges shooter, good all around. He has stolen more than a few games this year. I can see him being a real good one for your organization. Yet still unsigned?
Contract slots issue. That and we had 7 goalies under contract. Pickard for sure gonzo so we free up a slot. Miksa? Possibly gone as well. Frees up a slot. AZ a deep team in net.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Who can tell me a bit about these Coyotes players who made their NHL debut this season? Like what kind of player they are, what their NHL future is, etc. Thanks!!

Michael Bunting - 5'11'' all sandpaper, goes to the net, gritty player - strictly 4th line winger
Conor Garland - 5'9'' all heart, no fear shooting machine - talent is there to be middle six - but has to bring it every night
Ilya Lyubushkin - RHD - steady in his own zone, loves to hit - but strictly a bottom pairing D with almost no offense to speak of and has trouble with the first pass out of the zone - more likely a depth 7th Dman
Hunter Miska - backup goalie in AHL - no NHL future - was called up due to injuries

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Schnarr has really hit the skids. 1g & 1a in his last 9 playoff games...not a good sign. Series is tied up 3-3 though it wouldn't have been had Prosvetov not melted down and baseballed the puck into the stands.

Buschito

Apr 8, 2019
Hoef still going strong. 15 pts in 12 games... but Craig Morgan reported AZ is not going to sign him. Hoef’s skills will go to another team I guess. Can teams trade drafted player’s rights before June 1?

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Any link/source to the Morgan piece indicating that news? Not doubting you, just don't recall seeing it myself.

Even if we don't like Hoef we should sign him so we can trade him.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Schnarr has really hit the skids. 1g & 1a in his last 9 playoff games...not a good sign. Series is tied up 3-3 though it wouldn't have been had Prosvetov not melted down and baseballed the puck into the stands.
Yes, after a terrific opening round he has disappeared.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Hoef still going strong. 15 pts in 12 games... but Craig Morgan reported AZ is not going to sign him. Hoef’s skills will go to another team I guess. Can teams trade drafted player’s rights before June 1?

Yes - in fact, Carolina just traded Adam Fox's rights to New York because Fox wasn't going to sign with the Canes before his rights expired. So theoretically, we can trade Hoefenmeyer's rights if he's not going to be signed. The question is whether Chayka is going to do that or just let them lapse - I think that will be based on whether there's any demand for Hoefenmeyer prior to UFA.

Buschito

Apr 8, 2019
82B80F8F-62B1-45A9-88F1-55E713505BDB.png
B014172F-7613-475D-BCB8-2809CA8A6B38.jpeg
Any link/source to the Morgan piece indicating that news? Not doubting you, just don't recall seeing it myself.

Even if we don't like Hoef we should sign him so we can trade him.

It was in The Athletic earlier this week. I can’t post the whole article as it is subscription but here is the screenshot of the title and the comment referring to Hoefenmayer

Reactions: Mosby

Buschito

Apr 8, 2019
I believe Hoefenmeyer goes back into the draft if not signed by June 1st.

Yes, he is eligible to re-enter the draft, given he squeaks in given his Jan birthdate.

I wonder - If another team is interested can they just sign him? Or does he have to go back in the draft in order to be signed (if they let his rights lapse)?

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Yes, he is eligible to re-enter the draft, given he squeaks in given his Jan birthdate.

I wonder - If another team is interested can they just sign him? Or does he have to go back in the draft in order to be signed (if they let his rights lapse)?

This is the bathroom his dad made back home. I guess the Canadiens could be interested.

"True story confirmed by Noel Hoefenmayer @ Ottawa67sHockey. Here is the bathroom that his father had built at his old house. "It was his, I did not even have the right to use it!" His son drafted by #coyotes, the father remains a supporter of #CH!"

Reactions: Buschito

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

If he's goes undrafted (don't rule this out) he becomes a UFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->