Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Anyone know whats going on with Hayton?

Hasn't played in about 2 weeks and was seen in Arizona the other day at the game.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I think he's nursing an injury before they go off for the WJC camp...would really be good if he made the team.

Capobianco is playing great, he should definitely be in the plans to get an upgrade to Oesterle or KConn.
POJ has also been on fire lately and I believe he's been the Player of the Game for the last 3 games for Charlottetown and he's almost at a PPG pace.

I haven't watched Guelph this year yet, but Schnarr is having quite a season...I'm wondering whether he is helping drive the play or if it is all Ratcliffe and others.

Hoefenmayer/Bahl I have watched several times this year and they look good. You watch Bahl and can see why they picked him, his mobility for a large kid is really good. It will take him time to adjust and he should be one of those guys who keeps progressing at every level. I think he'll be better in the AHL than he is in the CHL and hope he's better in the NHL than he is in the AHL. Hoefenmayer has good offensive instincts, definitely a keeper and will be a nice addition to Tucson next year replacing existing expiring contracts.

Can't wait for the WJC...best tournament all year.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
I am worried about Hayton. Hopefully they are just being cautious with him knowing the tournament is coming soon.
Rumour in the Soo is that he tweaked something, but will be ready to go at the WJ Camp. I heard Arizona wanted to give him a clean bill of health before he went to Victoria.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Rumour in the Soo is that he tweaked something, but will be ready to go at the WJ Camp. I heard Arizona wanted to give him a clean bill of health before he went to Victoria.

Eeep!

He should stay well clear of Arizona the way things are going around there...

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
Hayton was on the ice for the first day of camp so that’s good.

Unlike some others I think he needs to have a really good camp to make the team, I don’t consider him a lock.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Westerlund made team Sweden and might play a big role next to Brannstrom.

Hayton is centering the 3rd line with Soo team mate Frost on his LW and Jack Studnicka on RW. Hayton also taking faceoffs and playing net front on PP1.

I think Jan Jenik has made the Czech team as a bottom six C.

Bahl, Callahan, Crotty, Emberson and POJ were invited to camp but didn't make the cut.

Reactions: SniperHF

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio

Hayton is centering the 3rd line with Soo team mate Frost on his LW and Jack Studnicka on RW. Hayton also taking faceoffs and playing net front on PP1.

Bahl, Callahan, Crotty, Emberson and POJ were invited to camp but didn't make the cut.
Jan Jenik is not listed on the Czech team as far as I know. He didn’t play in the first game.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
POJ traded to Drummondville Voltigeurs

He ought to be delighted with that move, its like 20km from his hometown. Hadnt realised just how far away Charlottetown (PEI) was from Montreal. Slow start at his new team though.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Was lurking in the Peterborugh Petes thread again. They seem to love Liam Kirk. They also talked about how good it would be to get him back, as he has left to play for Britain in the World Juniors (lower level divisions.)

But it was a good read. They seemed to expect him back also next year though, but that was never a surprise, was it. :D

Reactions: MIG

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I watched 67s play twice this weekend. Have to say they lost both games to the Knights and then to Nate Schnarr's Guelph Storm.

Hoefenmayer and Bahl play together...I really like both players. Hoefenmayer plays off wing and he gets to offensive areas easily, knowing Bahl has got his back. He pinches a little too much for my taste, but that might be a coaching decision as it seems they are out there almost every other shift...and as expected, Hoefenmayer plays a more aggressive game, taking risks, jumping into the rush and he can go down low quite a bit for Dman. Bahl is a steady force on the back end.

With a little more meat on Bahls bones and a little more core strength, he's going to be a force defensively. We don't have Hoefenmayer signed yet, but I would think we would and he'd be a candidate to take over for Mayo in Tucson.

The only thing wrong I saw with Hoefenmayer's defense is that he takes long shifts and as a result, at the end of his shift his skating mechanics get bad and he slows down quite a bit. Again, this could all be coaching as Hoef/Bahl are pretty much the entire D squad.

Bahl closes gaps extremely well using his reach and is really fluid for a big guy, can work more on his agility to get a little more explosiveness on his 1st stride.

Can't wait to see Bahl in Tucson, but he'll have another year with 67s next season and hopefully will get invited to compete for a spot on the WJC team.

Last edited:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
how would y'all rank your top 10 prospects now that we are halfway through the season?
who jumps out as a big surprise? who is biggest riser? and who has been a big disappointment?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
how would y'all rank your top 10 prospects now that we are halfway through the season?
who jumps out as a big surprise? who is biggest riser? and who has been a big disappointment?

If Garland counts as a prospect then he has to be the biggest surprise.

Schnaar has made a remarkable leap forward.

Admiral Swedge

Aug 11, 2018
He ought to be delighted with that move, its like 20km from his hometown. Hadnt realised just how far away Charlottetown (PEI) was from Montreal. Slow start at his new team though.
He had a slow start to the season as well, not too worried, especially since he's more of a defensive entity.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

how's liam kirk progressing? all i see are the stats, which look good for first year guy in OHL.
would he make your top 10 list?

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Watched Hamilton play this weekend just so I could watch Jenik. Jenik was named player of the game and he was all over it. He's more a set up guy than a shooter, but he is hard on the puck and tenacious...which I like.

He controls the play well. Good along the boards, he's not "great" at anything, but he's very good at everything.

I think he could turn into something. He should be able to elevate his game next year to where he'll put up 1.25+ ppg or better and we'll know we have something.

Remember, he was almost eligible for the 2019 draft...so he is really young. I think we got a good one.

Last edited:

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Watched Hamilton play this weekend just so I could watch Jenik. Jenik was named player of the game and he was all over it. He's more a set up guy than a shooter, but he is hard on the puck and tenacious...which I like.

He controls the play well. Good along the boards, he's not "great" at anything, but he's very good at everything.

I think he could turn into something. He should be able to elevate his game next year to where he'll put up 1.25+ ppg or better and we'll know we have something.

Remember, he was almost eligible for the 2020 draft...so he is really young. I think we got a good one.

I assume you mean the 2019 draft though. :naughty:

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Well, I got to watch another Jan Jenik game...Hamilton ended up losing 8-7, but Jenik (1g 2a) was fantastic. He made a great pass to Kaliev and then received a pass just inside the blue line and put it up stairs for a goal. I'm really excited about this pick. Not just because of his tenacity, but because he is so young. This should be his draft year and I have no doubt that he will finish the season well above a PPG which is like getting a 1st rounder. Love this pick.

Kaliev is impressive and although his skating isn't great...it's basically average, the kid knows where to go and he absolutely has the best shot and release in the draft. If he skated better the kid would be a top 5 pick. Even with the skating he's putting up insane numbers and Hamilton isn't one of the best teams either, which makes it all that more impressive that he is performing so well.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Side note: Liam Kirk had a slow start to his season...however, since November 1st he's played 29g and has 16g and 10a so he is almost at a PPG in his 1st season on North American soil. Not bad for a 7th rounder.

I'm going to schedule a time to see Dennis Busby now that he is off IR and back to playing. He's got 7 apples in 10 games, but I wanted him to get in a few more games so that I can watch him without some of the obvious rust he must have being out as long as he has been.

I'll watch them Friday when he's playing Sudbury, so that I can also watch Quinton Byfield.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad