OT: 2018-2019 College & NBA hoops thread

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Imagine if Seton Hall invited the NYb mascot to a home game?

Rutgers Athletics PR is just trying to get on board with the meme.

If Rutgers wants to be buddy-buddy with Philly teams, let them. The Pirate and NJ Devil are already roommates so perhaps they felt left out.

In lighter news, Tyrese Samuel, Ontario's top prospect committed to Seton Hall last week. Great news for the program, and a sign that the reputation is in a good place when you consider some of the other schools that made him offers (e.g. Baylor, Buffalo, UConn, Maryland, K-State, Providence, St. John's, South Carolina, and Wichita State, to name a few).

Things are still looking up. This season was always gonna be a struggle.

Last edited:

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Seton Hall 77
New Hampshire 57

It was nice putting up 77 but we honestly should have put up 100. Obviously this is a young team but we’re missing lay-ups and open looks in between beautiful team play. Not gonna work out well for us if we play the same inconsistent game against Kentucky.

To be positive, they were a lot better in the second half and this team plays great ball as a group, the finishing HAS to be better though. If they played like they did in the second half for 40 minutes they probably would have broken 90.

I should put a nominal sum on the Pirates pulling off the upset. It’s a win-win or lose-lose regardless if you’re going to be at MSG...

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Can Seton Hall basketball beat Kentucky? It's not a longshot
After getting waxed by Duke on opening night the Cats have won seven straight, all at home, against the following (Kenpom ranking included): Southern Illinois (96), North Dakota (285), VMI (318), Winthrop (167), Tennessee State (277), Monmouth (282), UNC-Greensboro (71).

There was nothing to justify a preseason No. 2 ranking other than a roster with some holdovers from last year’s underachieving team and mostly unproven newcomers with the exception of Stanford transfer Reid Travis.

This group hardly has been tested over the past month, whereas Seton Hall has faced four top-75 teams — including two away from home.

I'm f***in' hype for tomorrow. We *can* do this.

HALL in.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
You going Saturday?

110%

Because both of my classes in the spring are web-based (which certainly won't be the case next fall), I'll be at every Pirates game in Newark this season assuming nothing freak happens.

Capture3.JPG

S'go Hall.

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
110%

Because both of my classes in the spring are web-based (which certainly won't be the case next fall), I'll be at every Pirates game in Newark this season assuming nothing freak happens.

View attachment 164489

S'go Hall.

I'll be going with fellow folk from this Devils HFB forum.

I will keep their identities as confidential though, so they are not discriminated against by the mods.

Crowd should be extra juiced, with some nice pregame time allotted.

Reactions: New Jersey

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Are the Sixers still in The Process stage?

How long did it take for them to be good and get full houses every game?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The shirt, yes. I will have a Seton Hall beanie on, however.

Devils hat is for going to watch the Hall at Madison Square Garden, specifically. So when I go back for the Johnnies game and Big East tourney, Devils hat.

Don't go to Redds

It's a Sea of Red of Rutgers fans.
Packed

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
The Hall vs Saint Johns in a few weeks should be a good one.

Rutgers has free falled again.

If Seton Hall pulls off the upset in College Park and wins their first Big East game at home against Johnnies, we're officially back in the tournament discussion. That Kentucky win may be the start of something. Who knows?

They are really something special to watch defensively. With a little bit more consistency on offense, this team could be a tough out. But lol, idk I’m delusional. I need one of my teams to win something.

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
If Seton Hall pulls off the upset in College Park and wins their first Big East game at home against Johnnies, we're officially back in the tournament discussion. That Kentucky win may be the start of something. Who knows?

They are really something special to watch defensively. With a little bit more consistency on offense, this team could be a tough out. But lol, idk I’m delusional. I need one of my teams to win something.

Will you be one of the 3k at The Rock tonight?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->