OT: 2018-2019 College & NBA hoops thread

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
The Hall has effectively pressed the reset button.

Go 3-3 in these last six games with this year's soft bubble; probably punch a ticket to the dance.

If they go 3-3 *and* win at least one game at the Garden Party, oh we in there.

Hall has the luxury of beating KY and Maryland. If they beat either Nova or Marquette and go 3-3, they're in.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Nova: L
Marquette : L
Creighton: probable L
Xavier : probable W
SJU: L
Georgetown : probable L

This is a classic DD pessimism special.

You realize Hall is 4-2 in games against the remaining teams and only lost by four points at Fiserv? They match up well with Marquette.

Also, Johnnies at MSG doesn't scare me that much (I'll be in attendance, as well as down at Capital One for the G-Town game.), and calling Xavier in Newark a "probable" win is just mean.

What's equally as plausible as your scenario is Hall going on a tear to end the season with a little let down against Nova before the Garden Party. Not saying it'll happen, but it's certainly no more or less plausible. Their absolute demolishing of Georgetown (seriously, that game was never in doubt after the first five minutes, I was stunned), regardless of it being at home, was a warning shot to the rest of the Big East. Their best performance against any opponent since the game in College Park.

And to be honest I think we give Villanova a run for their money in the regular season finale. Seton Hall always plays them hard on our floor, and about every two/three years we score a memorable upset over them. We're overdue since the 2016 BE Championship and them knocking us out in the rematch, before that it was the Sterling Gibbs buzzer beater at MSG, etc.

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Was at the Rutgers game tonight vs Iowa

Heartbreaking loss on a buzzer beating prayer from the corner that actually clipped the glass.

It will be hard to ever complain about NHL officiating again after seeing such a strong pro-Iowa bias tonight.

The refs blew so many easy calls when it would have benefitted Rutgers

Every close call went against Rutgers

One was offensive goaltending when it was clear the ball was a foot or two away from the rim.

The sold out crowd was very intense and irate at the officials all night.

It's a shame Rutgers lost, they gave 100% effort and lost on a miracle shot that had no business going in.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
It's why they can't get North Jersey behind them.

I think the fact that the Hall has far fewer alumni than Rutgers and perhaps even some out-of-state schools on their own turf has more to do with this. It is what it is. I’m sure everyone would hop on the wagon for a hypothetical 1989 redux which probably won’t ever happen again, at least that’s how it seems again tonight.

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
This is a classic DD pessimism special.

You realize Hall is 4-2 in games against the remaining teams and only lost by four points at Fiserv? They match up well with Marquette.

Also, Johnnies at MSG doesn't scare me that much (I'll be in attendance, as well as down at Capital One for the G-Town game.), and calling Xavier in Newark a "probable" win is just mean.

What's equally as plausible as your scenario is Hall going on a tear to end the season with a little let down against Nova before the Garden Party. Not saying it'll happen, but it's certainly no more or less plausible. Their absolute demolishing of Georgetown (seriously, that game was never in doubt after the first five minutes, I was stunned), regardless of it being at home, was a warning shot to the rest of the Big East. Their best performance against any opponent since the game in College Park.

And to be honest I think we give Villanova a run for their money in the regular season finale. Seton Hall always plays them hard on our floor, and about every two/three years we score a memorable upset over them. We're overdue since the 2016 BE Championship and them knocking us out in the rematch, before that it was the Sterling Gibbs buzzer beater at MSG, etc.

Seton Hall is done winning this season

Team is totally shot, they are not making the NIT

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
in retrospect, i almost wish we f***ing stunk in the non-conference schedule.

what a tragic waste of a promising season.

all there is to do now is aggressively pray to the basketball gods that all three of hall's top-100 targets in the 2020 class commit. i'm resetting expectations to zero for 2019-20 even with all the pieces we already have in place.

it is f***ing infuriating to be this good and unable to apply maximum effort to a full 40 minutes. wasteful. just lazy, shitty efforts.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Rutgers has managed some strong efforts off the Iowa heartbreaker. Things could have easily went south after that but now are in position to get a Wednesday bye in the B1G tourney if they take care of business in their last 3. Think they need to win 1 assuming Nebraska doesn't go 3-0 in their final 3.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Expected attendance for tomorrow has surpassed 15,000.

The get-in price is $40 before fees. The owner of the seat to my left listed it for the same price as my season ticket.

Hope a Villanova fan buys it. :laugh:

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Guess Seton Hall's more like last year's Devils than this year's Devils...great unexpected start, terrible middle then wild stretch drive to the finish.

Reactions: New Jersey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I don't care about the Knicks or the NBA but lmfao what a loser Dolan is, Nets should roll out the red carpet for this fan. That guy was definitely a transplant though a real native to this area would have said a lot worse and got in his face after that lol

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->