2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Timmins in his presser said they expect Struble to be at Northeastern this fall. And in his own littler presser, Struble said he's undecided on where he'll go and he's open to anything.

Good. I was hoping he'd go to Northeastern next year or Major Junior. Don't like him playing BCHL. It helps that we have a couple of prospects playing on the same team.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Good. I was hoping he'd go to Northeastern next year or Major Junior. Don't like him playing BCHL. It helps that we have a couple of prospects playing on the same team.

With the amount of prospects in the system, it also helps to have some playing together so you can watch a few in one game rather than having to watch 2 or 3 games to get to see them all.

Caufield will also join Gorniak in Wisconsin. Unless he opts to go to Major Junior, where he'd go to Sault Ste. Marie (who hold his rights). If that would be the case, we'd get to watch Caufield with LeGuerrier.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
looks like another big incoming rookie class to Laval in '20-'21 as Hillis, McShane, LeGuerrier, Fonstad, Fairbrother, Harvey-Pinard, Houde, plus any of the Euro's are all eligible to play in Laval. Not that all will be signed but damn that's a lot.
And we already have 9 picks for next year.....guaranteed we add more too......insane!!

Reactions: WinterLion

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
And we already have 9 picks for next year.....guaranteed we add more too......insane!!

they will have to trade picks or prospects at some point as we are already at the most prospects I think I've ever seen us have, granted not all will be signed especially if '19 turns into a weak draft year but you run the risk of creating problems with the 50 contract limit and space for them to play in Laval if you have too many turning pro at the same time.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
So next season:

WHL: Cole Fonstad, Gianni Fairbrother
QMJHL: Samuel Houde, Rafael Harvey-Pinard
OHL: Allan McShane, Cam Hillis, Jacob LeGuerrier

Finland: Joni Ikonen, Jesse Ylonen
Sweden: Jacob Olofsson, Mattias Norlinder, Frederik Nissen
Russia: Alexander Romanov, Arsen Khisamutdinov

NCAA

University of Denver: Brett Stapley
University of Wisconsin: Jack Gorniak, Cole Caufield
Northeastern University: Jordan Harris

Other:

BCHL: Jayden Struble (then to Northeastern 2020-2021)
USHL: Rhett Pitlick (then to University of Minnesota 2020-2021)
AJHL: Kieran Ruscheinski (then ???)

21 prospects to follow. That's a lot.
I think I read somewhere that Ruscheinski plans on playing BCHL next year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Other than having to watch Caufield and Gorniak with the same team in Wisconsin. We have the potential to watch Struble with Harris at Northeastern (pending where Struble decides to play next year). And we will also watch RPH and Houde with the same team in Chicoutimi.

Reactions: Redux91

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think I read somewhere that Ruscheinski plans on playing BCHL next year.

I read one of Grant McCagg's tweets saying he will play for Salmon Arm Silverbacks in the BCHL. Athough Elite Prospects doesn't have him listed anywhere for next year. Nothing is listed on the player's profile or Salmon Arm's roster for the 2019-20 season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I read one of Grant McCagg's tweets saying he will play for Salmon Arm Silverbacks in the BCHL. Athough Elite Prospects doesn't have him listed anywhere for next year. Nothing is listed on the player's profile or Salmon Arm's roster for the 2019-20 season.

TT says it at the 10-ish minutes mark here, he's going to the BCHL next year.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I'm wondering. Does anybody here know if our LHD all plays LHD or if some of them also play on their right side? This could be a useful information.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I'm wondering. Does anybody here know if our LHD all plays LHD or if some of them also play on their right side? This could be a useful information.

I think we are more interested in which of out RD's might be able to play LD.......

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I mean in the future. Our prospects. We now have tons of LHD Mete-Romanov-Harris-Leskinen-Struble-Norlinder-Fairbrother-Leguerrier.

I see, I guess we will have to cross that bridge when we have 3 of them that have actually made it far enough to raise this question. There is no way of knowing that when they are playing at lower levels.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I mean in the future. Our prospects. We now have tons of LHD Mete-Romanov-Harris-Leskinen-Struble-Norlinder-Fairbrother-Leguerrier.
Romanov and Harris both played a solid part of their year on their offside this year afaik

Reactions: a55p2

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I see, I guess we will have to cross that bridge when we have 3 of them that have actually made it far enough to raise this question. There is no way of knowing that when they are playing at lower levels.

At the NHL level obviously, but if they play on their off side in the junior or in euro leagues its already a bit telling.

Thanks yoshidas for the info!

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
At the NHL level obviously, but if they play on their off side in the junior or in euro leagues its already a bit telling.

Thanks yoshidas for the info!

Totally different game at the NHL level. In order to be effective on the off hand a defender has to be able to process the game exceptionally fast and must be mobile as well as having strong puck protection skills. At the junior level it doesn't matter that much because there is so much time and space.

Forecheckers are on defenders for loose pucks so fast that there isn't much time to transfer from backhand to forehand so it is imperative to get there faster and protect the puck upon gaining possession.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Seeing how well Jérémy Davies developed in Northeastern, you have to hope Struble joins Harris there this year.

@montreal

What do you think about NUs program ?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Seeing how well Jérémy Davies developed in Northeastern, you have to hope Struble joins Harris there this year.

@montreal

What do you think about NUs program ?

really like their coach and the program has been on the rise for the past few years to where they are now among the best in Hockey East but we'll see how this year goes as losing Primeau could really sting, what a find he was for them and us. I don't know how good he'll be but I just can't stress enough how shocked and impressed I was with him over his 2 years. Harris really impressed the heck out of me too so there seems to be a trend. Good NCAA coach/program + Timmins goalie/defensemen picks, hopefully equals big win.

Plus it's cool that NU streams all their home games for free when they could easily charge for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad