2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Anyone worried about Fonstad playoffs performance? 2g 4a in 19 games doesn’t seem so good...
He is extremmely weak, small and an average skater... He still was a nice gamble at that spot but it sure doesnt look good right now...

Reactions: Maitz

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Meh, I don't know how much injuries have hurt his production right now (plus a reduced role I believe) but next year he'll get big time minutes considering that Leason, Gregor, Montgomery and Hannoun will all be gone.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Meh, I don't know how much injuries have hurt his production right now (plus a reduced role I believe) but next year he'll get big time minutes considering that Leason, Gregor, Montgomery and Hannoun will all be gone.

considering how good he was in last years playoffs vs a stacked MJ, I would think it's a bit of both. But he must get stronger, add mass in a considerable amount.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Fondstad was a good bet. But that we evidently won't win. Blade Jenkins was my pick at that rank. Future will tell us.....

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Fondstad was a good bet. But that we evidently won't win. Blade Jenkins was my pick at that rank. Future will tell us.....

Still a bit early for that. Let's wait until his first year in the AHL before saying that.

Good regular season, terrible PO (though he was buried and still 8th fwd in points).

Next year will be a better picture of him with the big guys gone.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Still a bit early for that. Let's wait until his first year in the AHL before saying that.

Good regular season, terrible PO (though he was buried and still 8th fwd in points).

Next year will be a better picture of him with the big guys gone.

I know it is. But draft +1 and a year like that....I will tell you that experience suggest that only a minority will make it. Same number of pionts in the reg. season, and a terrible playoff....again, he has an uphill battle in front of him.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
73 pts in 67 GP D+1 is still pretty good, that's probably why. Anyway, we're on a site where Leskinen gets like 8 pages, we (over)talk everything :laugh:
He's just such a dime a dozen player, probably a Hudon type. Not exactly a guy I see being a fixture in our lineup at any point.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
He just doesn't benefit from playing 1st line with Stallard or Leason anymore.

If my suspicion is correct and he's playing hurt, thats also a reason a coach would reduce his minutes and role on the team.

Its more than just the linemates though, he just doesn't look right. He seems more hesitant than he was both last season and during the regular season.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
If my suspicion is correct and he's playing hurt, thats also a reason a coach would reduce his minutes and role on the team.

Its more than just the linemates though, he just doesn't look right. He seems more hesitant than he was both last season and during the regular season.
One can hope. It was the same at the WJC18, he became invisibly ineffective when the level of competition stepped up a notch, his skill set is limited, he is small and doesn't play at a fast-pace, his playmaking ability becomes constrain when he lacks the time and space.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
One can hope. It was the same at the WJC18, he became invisibly ineffective when the level of competition stepped up a notch, his skill set is limited, he is small and doesn't play at a fast-pace, his playmaking ability becomes constrain when he lacks the time and space.

did you see him in last years playoffs? He was tied for the team lead in goals in the playoffs vs a much better Moose Jaw team. I also wouldn't say he has limited skill set.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
did you see him in last years playoffs? He was tied for the team lead in goals in the playoffs vs a much better Moose Jaw team. I also wouldn't say he has limited skill set.

He scored 5 points in 7 games on the first line along Stallard and Miske which respectively got 8 & 10 points, I don't see how this is disproving my point. His small, his speed is close from average and his shot doesn't have much power in it, I would consider this has one having a limited skill set, it isn't surprising to me he ended up being a 5th rounder despite being PPG(one over) in the WHL in his draft year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad