2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
interview with Yolo's coach on habseyesontheprize, and his coach thinks he'll be NHL ready in a year saying that his physique, skating, and IQ are already there.

Would be pretty crazy to have both Yolo and Suzuki ready to roll, along with Gallagher, RW is looking to be in pretty great shape.

wonder what Mrb1p will think of that last one. Though I've had 'IQ' concerns with him myself, I don't know if the problem (or what I perceived COULD be a problem) was directly IQ related. But really I saw only a few occasions. Would be nice that I'm mistaken and that it's actually an asset. Really hope he can have a season that shows a pretty dramatic improvement on this one. He can be a really good one but I'm on the fence whether he can make it happen or not. I think he can be a helluva complimentary winger potentially.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
interview with Yolo's coach on habseyesontheprize, and his coach thinks he'll be NHL ready in a year saying that his physique, skating, and IQ are already there.

Would be pretty crazy to have both Yolo and Suzuki ready to roll, along with Gallagher, RW is looking to be in pretty great shape.
Basically what Ive been saying since the WJC, thats why I wanted him to be signed and playing in Laval next year, he really isnt far away from the NHL...

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Who's our best Euro prospect, Ylonen or Ikonen?

I think you have to go with Ylonen. Ikonen had a really surprising turn around while coming back from injury. He looked stronger and faster imo anyways. I just feel like Ylonen has more dimensions to his game.

I almost completely wrote Ikonen off seeing how slow he was at the WJCs paired with how small he was. If he's committed to working on those things he could still be a player. I also haven't seen enough of Ikonen's game to really say but I still give the edge to Ylonen.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Damn I keep forgetting about Romanov lol. Our prospect pool is so big now. I'm still used to it just being Juulsen and Scherbak.

it's going to be even harder to keep track of all of them next year when we add another 10 unless they trade some picks/prospects at some point. We have 33 prospects current with 10 more on the way, although we will lose a few depending on who out of Tyszka, Walford, McCarron, Lernout, Audette, Koberstein, Henrikson are signed or re-signed. I don't count Lindgren and Gustav Olofsson since one is 25 and the other turns 25 2 months into next season. Plus that's not counting Juulsen, Mete and Kotka.

So we could be looking at around 38 prospects plus if they add any undrafted guys between now and the start of next season. I've been heavily involved with ranking/following out prospects since around the '98 draft, much more so by the '00 draft for sure and if we do end up with say around 39 prospects that might be the biggest I can recall.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
On WJC, If Poehling was MVP and Romanov the dman of the tournament, Ylonen could almost win a Jacques Beauchamps type of award if it exists. I realy like Ikonen. I called him a late 1st rounder in his draft year and still have a lot of untapped potential, but Ylonen has been realy impressive this year and I have to put him in front. We should keep both and just wish that only one of them can complete KK one day

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
it's going to be even harder to keep track of all of them next year when we add another 10 unless they trade some picks/prospects at some point. We have 33 prospects current with 10 more on the way, although we will lose a few depending on who out of Tyszka, Walford, McCarron, Lernout, Audette, Koberstein, Henrikson are signed or re-signed. I don't count Lindgren and Gustav Olofsson since one is 25 and the other turns 25 2 months into next season. Plus that's not counting Juulsen, Mete and Kotka.

So we could be looking at around 38 prospects plus if they add any undrafted guys between now and the start of next season. I've been heavily involved with ranking/following out prospects since around the '98 draft, much more so by the '00 draft for sure and if we do end up with say around 39 prospects that might be the biggest I can recall.

With so many, there will be some of them that will be NHLers... Can't be all busts.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
With so many, there will be some of them that will be NHLers... Can't be all busts.

I was pretty hard on the farm system at the end of last year and the start of this year but I'd say it's the strongest it's been in a while and maybe the best since Timmins was hired as the only other time would be '08 where you had Price, Subban, McDonagh, Pac, the Kostitsyn's, Halak, etc...

I still have a number of question marks on the offensive upside of guys like Poehling, the defensive abilities of Fleury, what Romanov's upside really is, what if any of the smallish skilled group of Ikonen, Hillis, Fonstad, McShane, Stapley can do for us in the NHL. But there's a lot to like in how deep we are, as the top 9 or 10 are very impressive for this time of year right before the draft when guys like Kotka and Mete don't even count.

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Just thought Id do a quick recap with our prospects in the CHL for the inquiring minds.

Game 6 of Guelph vs Saginaw today. Saginaw leading 3-2 in the series but Suzuki is the point leader in the playoffs with 29 in 16 games. Tied for 1st in goals with 2 other players and 1st in assists.

McShane's season ended Wednesday after being swept by Ottawa and he tallied 14 points in 15 games

Fonstad still alive as the Raiders are leading 3-2 in their series, Could clinch a spot in the final vs Vancouver if they win today. He only has 4 points in 13 games

Last but not least, Rouyn-Noranda and Teasdale are waiting for their opponent for the final between Halifax and Drummondville. Teasdale is 2nd across the board in point, goals (behind Lavoie in those 2) and assists with 11 goals and 15 assists in 14 games.

So we do have the possibility of having a Habs prospect in 3 teams for the Memorial Cup which would be awesome.

the end

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I was asked by a friend to find a comparable to Joel Teasdale's game.I came with Andrew Shaw for how good he is in front of the net. I feel though that his skating strides are much more fluid than Shaw's.

Anyone else as a comparable NHLer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->