2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
Apparently Tyszka was our best tracked prospect in break outs and entry defense.

But Pezzeta was worth a contract and he's not?

Why do people assume we will not sign Tyszka, we haven't signed Walford either, but no one is assuming we will not sign Walford?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Why do people assume we will not sign Tyszka, we haven't signed Walford either, but no one is assuming we will not sign Walford?

Walford was still in the playoffs up until last night.. also we let Houde do a PTO but not Tyszka.

Grant said he doesn't expect them to sign Tyszka. Like him or not he does have some connections.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Apparently Tyszka was our best tracked prospect in break outs and entry defense.

But Pezzeta was worth a contract and he's not?

I would think they would have signed Tyszka for sure if not for the concussion issues. I don't get it, I'd still sign him but they must not be happy or concerned about something since we need LD's so badly. But to be out 3 months for another concussion and he's missed a lot of time in the WHL with 3 of his 4 years he's missed a large chunk of time so that has to be the issue assuming they really are walking away from him.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I would think they would have signed Tyszka for sure if not for the concussion issues. I don't get it, I'd still sign him but they must not be happy or concerned about something since we need LD's so badly. But to be out 3 months for another concussion and he's missed a lot of time in the WHL with 3 of his 4 years he's missed a large chunk of time so that has to be the issue assuming they really are walking away from him.

Not even getting a PTO is weird but I have to say there are so many times I thought they were nuts on giving up on a fringe prospect and I'm pretty sure they haven't been burned yet.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
great to hear. I feel like no one's particularly high on him anymore. Does anyone think he can score 70+? I think raw offensive tools wise he's the best in our org possibly in front of Drouin and Kotka. He's got question marks but I think the upside is real. His shot is too good and he's damn brainy out there.
He sure is easily one of the most skilled players in the system, he is much smarter than Drouin, has a way better shot, has great stickhandling skills as well but has better dekes skills and is less previsible... I still think he will need some AHL time to work on his pace but this kid is a lock to become a very solid top 6 in the NHL in the near future, as well as a dangerous weapon on the PP since he has the passing, vision and shooting to be a constant threat...

Reactions: WeThreeKings

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not even getting a PTO is weird but I have to say there are so many times I thought they were nuts on giving up on a fringe prospect and I'm pretty sure they haven't been burned yet.

No they haven't been burned, Kristo and Collberg were ones that I thought would come back to bite them but they were 100% on that front.

I still have a hard time trying to figure out why they aren't interested in Tyszka since he clearly has some offensive skill and has the skating/mobility for today's NHL I can see if they feel they will be up against the 50 and he's got injury issues but at the same time they signed Crisp and he had several injuries.

We have till June to sign him and Walford, so we'll see if anything gets posted by the media, I don't follow anyone these days and I'm not on Twitter but perhaps something will be said as to why they aren't interested if he goes back into the draft by the deadline.

Canadiens1958

Nov 30, 2007
Lake Memphremagog, QC.
No they haven't been burned, Kristo and Collberg were ones that I thought would come back to bite them but they were 100% on that front.

I still have a hard time trying to figure out why they aren't interested in Tyszka since he clearly has some offensive skill and has the skating/mobility for today's NHL I can see if they feel they will be up against the 50 and he's got injury issues but at the same time they signed Crisp and he had several injuries.

We have till June to sign him and Walford, so we'll see if anything gets posted by the media, I don't follow anyone these days and I'm not on Twitter but perhaps something will be said as to why they aren't interested if he goes back into the draft by the deadline.

Simply waiting for the season to end for all Canadiens draftees before making decisions.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
There's a little Boeser feel to this Suzuki snipe the way he let it rip

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal

I don't think anything is set in stone but I think a lot of signing decisions come down to replacement level options - i.e. how big a difference is there between drafted player and the average available undrafted free agent player. When that difference is not so great or negligible, the team is thinking twice about signing the drafted player.

Reactions: WinterLion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->