2018-2019 Blackhawks Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Which is hilarious. Nylander and Schmaltz are equal in terms of value imo. They're both 60 point players. DCat however is more valuable than both. Kid's gonna be a 70+ guy.

Sure both are 60 in the way that one has hit 60 points twice, and the other has never done it.

Neither of them hit Nylander's value...

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Sure both are 60 in the way that one has hit 60 points twice, and the other has never done it.

Schmaltz will get there next season and plays center. DCat's upside is waaaaaaay higher than Nylander.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Nylander scored 61 points as 20 year old in the NHL and was over a PPG player in the AHL as a 19 year old so wrong again.
DCat played in the bottom 6 for most of the season and DCat is the superior goal scorer.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

I doubt Stan would trade Schmaltz (on an ELC), for Nylander (about to make 6+mil). I would say they are very close in value, and I wouldn't trade Schmaltz for Nylander straight up.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
I wouldn't say that.

Schmaltz is alot better defensively the Nylander as his give away/ take away ratio is very good compared to WN. Nick's defense offsets what, ten points Kane alone can pick up the slack on when Schmaltz main focus is to put the puck on Kane's stick.

DeBrincat is a much, much better pure goal scorer the WN and should always be. He's also more physical for a little guy as he was....ten hits away from Nylanders career total in hits in only his rookie year.

I would put them all on the similar level of talent with the one lone exception DeBrincat having a little higher potential scoring goals of the three.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I doubt Stan would trade Schmaltz (on an ELC), for Nylander (about to make 6+mil). I would say they are very close in value, and I wouldn't trade Schmaltz for Nylander straight up.

Schmaltz will make 6+mil by 19-20, and they Hawks will have the cap space to handle that cap hit in 18-19.

However, I agree Bowman wouldn’t make that trade, but for other reasons.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I wouldn't say that.

Schmaltz is alot better defensively the Nylander as his give away/ take away ratio is very good compared to WN. Nick's defense offsets what, ten points Kane alone can pick up the slack on when Schmaltz main focus is to put the puck on Kane's stick.

DeBrincat is a much, much better pure goal scorer the WN and should always be. He's also more physical for a little guy as he was....ten hits away from Nylanders career total in hits in only his rookie year.

I would put them all on the similar level of talent with the one lone exception DeBrincat having a little higher potential scoring goals of the three.

How’d you come up with that? If you have some sort of formula to figure that out, it’d be really interesting to apply that to other players

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
They were 12 picks apart and Schmaltz was considered a top 10 talent but enigmatic.

Yes, Schmaltz's draft position was not based on his talent. He was considered a Top 10 talent in that draft, but his consistency/effort were flags for many so it dropped him a bit.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
When Schmaltz was on his game last year it was so fun to watch. Kid is a menance on the puck. He still has elite upside but he’s going to need to work on becoming more selfish about using his shot and improve his FO%.

But he has the ability to be a dominant 65-80 pt two way center. Can see the flashes when he’s on.

Hopefully Stan locks him up sooner than later because he’s one breakout year away from being a $7m+ player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->