Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Are Hall's bags packed and ready to go?
By the door.

kyle-quincey-of-the-new-jersey-devils-skates-against-the-anaheim-at-picture-id615533018

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
How was Hughes?

Hall ain't gonna stay :laugh:
Are Hall's bags packed and ready to go?
Hughes has talent but he’s way above his head. He’s a boy amongst men. To top it off, the men he’s amongst are awful hockey players so he can’t even expose his own talent.

Hall isn’t saying there lol. Dude is going to want to win at some point in his career.

That Mickey Mouse organization has taken our spot 1st overall in two separate drafts where we had the best odds. First one worked out. Let’s hope it works out again

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
The New Jersey Devils are a train wreck of an organization. They just got booed off the ice by their fans :laugh:

Welcome to the NHL Jack Hughes, just think you could have been in Colorado right now sheltered as all hell if Edmonton hadn't destroyed the draft lottery.

EDIT:Wait.. NJ is up 2-1. They got booed off the ice in a game they're currently winning?

EDIT EDIT: Nevermind, NHL app on my phone took waaay too long to refresh.

Reactions: Gatorbait19

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
0-6, have given up less than 4 goals in only one of those, a 3-0 loss to Boston

They did an excellent job surrounding Hall with enough talent to re-sign him this summer. Oh wait no they somehow got worse.

They better act quickly and trade Hall before he gets hurt, or they’ll be stuck in rebuild mode next 5 years.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Gonna be nice to not have to worry about Dallas at all this year.

If they don’t win 2 of next 3 on the road, I wouldn’t be surprised if they leave Jim Montgomery by the side of the road Gerard Gallant style.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yet it probably paled in comparison to the Montreal media.

A large majority of the French and English media was supporting that trade because journalists knew about the locker room issues even if they never officially made them public.

It's mostly fans that weren't happy with it because PK was a very popular guy.

Reactions: Gatorbait19

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The fact that Rasmus Dahlin doesn't even turn 20 years old until AFTER this season is over is just ridiculous.

He would honestly be my vote for the Norris trophy this season if he were to continue at the level of play he's displayed so far. 19 Years old.

I'm sure I'm in a very, very small minority with this opinion... But it would not surprise me if Dahlin ends up right alongside Lidstrom/Orr and flirting with those 7/8 Norris trophy wins.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Wow, checked in on the Central division for the first time in a little while and holy smokes. I knew the Wild and Hawks were off to the a bad start but I did not realize how dirt the Stars have been. 1-5-1, just 3 points and 7 games played already.

That's nuts. We are 7 points ahead of them with 2 games in hand already.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Wow, checked in on the Central division for the first time in a little while and holy smokes. I knew the Wild and Hawks were off to the a bad start but I did not realize how dirt the Stars have been. 1-5-1, just 3 points and 7 games played already.

That's nuts. We are 7 points ahead of them with 2 games in hand already.

With how much hype the Stars had during the summer, their start is hilarious.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
How are you guys following the rest of the league? I watch like half our games and occasionally some other teams (mainly Toronto), I listen to some podcasts, and I browse HF and reddit but other than that, I really struggle to follow the league beyond the headlines and some notable highlights. I thought I'd try watching NHL Tonight but it's kinda useless, doesn't really provide much in terms of analysis or telling you which individual players are doing good/bad, it has too much fluff and it doesn't cover any advanced stats at all.

Sportsnet has Ice Surfing on Twitter which is very useful but it's only on Tuesday nights.

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
How are you guys following the rest of the league? I watch like half our games and occasionally some other teams (mainly Toronto), I listen to some podcasts, and I browse HF and reddit but other than that, I really struggle to follow the league beyond the headlines and some notable highlights. I thought I'd try watching NHL Tonight but it's kinda useless, doesn't really provide much in terms of analysis or telling you which individual players are doing good/bad, it has too much fluff and it doesn't cover any advanced stats at all.

Sportsnet has Ice Surfing on Twitter which is very useful but it's only on Tuesday nights.
I really like watch McDavid so I've been tuning into the Oilers this year. I also channel surf between other games when there's intermissions for the Avs and whatnot.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Oilers are such a one man team. Not even a one line team. Draisaitl is a very good player and all but he cant carry the team on his shoulders like McDavid does. Its basically all McDavid. If he's going they win, if not they have no chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad