2018-2019 Around the league thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Midseason trends: Welcome to the year of the comeback

Very interesting article with some analytics which I consider good to follow. Based upon the article...

- 13.2% of games have involved a team coming down from a multigoal deficit. Florida Panthers have only won 4 of 13 games where they had the lead yet has won 6 of 15 when getting scored on first. Lol.

- A big part in the uptick of scoring is that powerplay have been up for almost every team including the Lightning who are sporting a 30% PP. Sounds like instead of having two solid units, teams are loading the first unit and letting them play like 70% of the PP.

- Anaheim, Philadelphia, Arizona, Dallas, Ottawa, and LA all lead the league in most man-games lost.

- The healthiest teams have been the Sharks, Blue Jackets, Wild, Leafs, and Jets in that order.

- Highest PDO teams: Toronto, Washington, NY Islanders, Pittsburgh, Anaheim, and Tampa Bay in that order.

- Lowest PDO teams: Florida, Carolina, Arizona, San Jose, and Minnesota in that order.

Most Post/Crossbar Shots: Vancouver, Chicago, Minnesota, Vegas, and Detroit in that order.

Lowest Post/Crossbar Shots: Nashville (22) , Colorado (21), Ottawa (21), NY Rangers (20), and New Jersey (13!) in that order.

Toughest Schedule thus far: New Jersey (0.11), Vancouver (0.07), Edmonton (0.07), Chicago (0.07), Ottawa (0.06), and LA (0.06) in that order.

Easiest Schedule thus far: Tampa Bay (-0.14), Columbus (-0.11), Vegas (-0.11) ,San Jose (-0.09), Winnipeg (-0.06), Florida (-0.06) in that order.

My take away from this is that there is no wonder why Kucherov keeps putting up 3 points a game, why Ottawa is currently dead last, and that Toronto's success is just a mirage.

Last edited:
Reactions: CobraAcesS

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
i4M90iF.jpg

Seven goalies in half a season. Flyers being Flyers.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Just realized the Oilers are playing tonight...and getting destroyed it appears. Chiarelli should have been fired yesterday already. The club needs a ~2 year retool. Would be entertaining if they let Chiarelli have free reign for at least the rest of the season and he makes a trade bigger than acquiring #6 dmen.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Just realized the Oilers are playing tonight...and getting destroyed it appears. Chiarelli should have been fired yesterday already. The club needs a ~2 year retool. Would be entertaining if they let Chiarelli have free reign for at least the rest of the season and he makes a trade bigger than acquiring #6 dmen.

It won't matter if they do...they're just bring in another guy like him. The housecleaning will need to be more substantial than just that.

I'm kinda worried they might bring in someone even halfway competent and they start running with it. I think it's possible with McDavid on the roster--he's that good.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
What's sad is that I believe the plan for the Oilers is to allow Chiarelli to play out the rest of the season - including giving him full reign over the trade deadline. Which could be very, very bad for the Oilers lol.

Like, any day now I'm expecting him to make another stupid trade like Nugent-Hopkins for David Backes or something.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Had a nice little chuckle

PS

Best player in the NHL right now and the Sharks got him for a 3rd liner, 3rd pairing D, decent prospect and a crazy conditional.

Reactions: UncleRisto

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
What makes it interesting is they've got different plans of attack. Pickard has gone the old-fashioned can't catch a beach ball route, while Hamilton has decided to go with being an outright *******.
Both are bold strategies though.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
What makes it interesting is they've got different plans of attack. Pickard has gone the old-fashioned can't catch a beach ball route, while Hamilton has decided to go with being an outright *******.
"Museum-goer" got censored on HF?

Reactions: VikingAv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->