2018-2019 Around the league thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Is this accurate? Those type of moves will catch up to you eventually. It also shows how good the Ducks are at drafting though.

Reactions: MacBradley

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It takes some context out... Theodore was traded to avoid losing other players on the team. Gardiner didn't want to sign there. Palmieri was due a big raise they couldn't afford (still a budget team). Gibson > Andersen.

What people should be saying... the Ducks continue to be a competitive team yearly despite the complete mismanagement at the NHL level. One of the 2 or 3 best drafting teams in the NHL.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Is this accurate? Those type of moves will catch up to you eventually. It also shows how good the Ducks are at drafting though.

If that's accurate, it's disgusting lol. But I think the only players that could really help them right now are Karlsson and Palmieri.

Palmieri especially is the one that always baffled me. Even when he was in Anaheim, you could see the talent was there and he was primed to break out eventually.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Also keep in mind that Anaheim is a budget team, yet shells out insane money for their top stars, so there's barely any room to add depth. If you're gonna be a budget team, then you trade at least one of those guys, if not all of them, and keep a young core. Given their success in drafting they could do that, they just choose not to.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
What's with all this central teams shutting out the Eastern conference teams tonight. This is insane

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Good answer but I hate when journalists ask that question to athletes, it usually makes everyone uncomfortable. Dater said in a podcast that Mack despises it and no one should ask him again.
I would just go "I'm a multimillionaire" and throw money at the journalist. "Here have this." :sarcasm:

Reactions: CobraAcesS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->