2018-2019 Around the league thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Oilers will be praying for amnesty buyouts in the next CBA. The first thing they'll do is amnesty Milan Lucic.

That said, if they miss the playoffs this season who knows what McDavid does. 4 seasons, 1 playoff appearance isn't how you keep your star happy.

For reference, Sidney Crosby has only missed the playoffs once his entire career.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Imagine if he requested a trade? I can't see it but that would be so Edmonton.
I don't think he's the type to demand a trade but if things don't get any better and the Oilers don't become a legitimate contender, who knows what can happen.

It would certainly create some buzz around the league.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I don't think he's the type to demand a trade but if things don't get any better and the Oilers don't become a legitimate contender, who knows what can happen.

It would certainly create some buzz around the league.
Buzz would be an understatement :laugh: When's the last time the face of the NHL requested/was traded?

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Id think the entire Oil front office and the coaches would all be fired Dynasty style before it even got there with McDavid. He has so much power but he seems like such a good kid he prob doesnt even realize it.
Eichel def knows how much power he has. Matthews...eh i think he does ,he starting to seem like he does.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Don't look now but the Coyotes look like they're for real. Their last four games:

@ CBJ: 4-1 Coyotes
vs VAN: 4-1 Coyotes
vs TBL: 7-1 Coyotes
vs OTT: 5-1 Coyotes

Galchenyuk has 4 points in 4 games, and they are getting scoring from throughout the lineup and great goaltending from Raanta.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Don't look now but the Coyotes look like they're for real. Their last four games:

@ CBJ: 4-1 Coyotes
vs VAN: 4-1 Coyotes
vs TBL: 7-1 Coyotes
vs OTT: 5-1 Coyotes

Galchenyuk has 4 points in 4 games, and they are getting scoring from throughout the lineup and great goaltending from Raanta.
Well I mean they're two points out of a wild card spot and 5 points outta last place. Let's give it a while, although yeah I suppose you should start climbing up eventually after a rebuild like theirs and ours.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Well I mean they're two points out of a wild card spot and 5 points outta last place. Let's give it a while, although yeah I suppose you should start climbing up eventually after a rebuild like theirs and ours.

They went 17-9-3 over their final 29 games last season once they started to get healthy, and they're 6-4 in their last 10 this season. I think last season was a disaster because at the start of the season Raanta was injured and they had no NHl-caliber backup. This year, everybody seems healthy and they added to last year's group. With a weak Pacific division, I could easy see them sneaking into the playoffs.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Well... seems like you can now count the Kings out of playoff contention and now in the Hughes race.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Well... seems like you can now count the Kings out of playoff contention and now in the Hughes race.

Can’t believe they’ve been as bad as they have been. I mean I knew they were past their contention window, but man they look horrid. And this sure doesn’t help.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I wonder how Doughty feels about signing long term.
h4A51868A

Reactions: The Abusement Park
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad