2018-2019 Around the league thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
it should be eggplant like the original.

Teams need to stop obsessing with black.

This was a top 5 jersey of all time IMO.

P0PZrhu.png

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Trouba hearing started 44 hours ago iirc. 4 hours left for the Jets to sign him long term.

Edit: Well, they have 48h after the hearing has ended, so they still have a couple of hours or so.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think Trouba gave people some hope with his comments after the playoffs but it always seemed like a matter of when, not if, he'd be traded.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Trouba is what the doctor ordered for Toronto...now i don't know if they'd trade him to another contender and for what.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'll say what I said in the main board thread: when I first saw that Ducks jersey I just thought it was cheap looking with the shoulders, like it's a really bad fake. Then today I realised it was black rather than purple and, er, woof. Awful. Quite easily the ugliest jersey in the league.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That new jersey has got waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much going on with it to truly be good but it is a good reminder that the Ducks actually did have something good going on with those eggplant-and-teal uniforms. I was kinda ambivalent on the weird black/gold/orange numbers they currently wear but can't stand the current iteration with the traffic-cone piping on the shoulders.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Probably in the vast minority, but I always disliked those jerseys, cheesy, over the top and looked like something an IHL team would not want to wear.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Quick question, why did Chicago have to dump Hossa's contract if they're just gonna LTIR him anyway? I thought teams were technically allowed to exceed the cap threshold if they were compliant by a certain deadline.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Quick question, why did Chicago have to dump Hossa's contract if they're just gonna LTIR him anyway? I thought teams were technically allowed to exceed the cap threshold if they were compliant by a certain deadline.

They have to be compliant day 1 with Hossa on the books, then LTIR and call up the players they needed to send down to clear. It can be a hurdle for a team right up next to the cap. Not insurmountable, but would have been a bit of a pain for them for the next couple seasons.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They have to be compliant day 1 with Hossa on the books, then LTIR and call up the players they needed to send down to clear. It can be a hurdle for a team right up next to the cap. Not insurmountable, but would have been a bit of a pain for them for the next couple seasons.

Okay, that makes sense then, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad