2018-19 Utica Comets, Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Another win for Demko. After the concussion scare this is a huge relief. The Canucks desperately need Demko to show that he could be the Canucks future #1 goalie. If that happens the Canucks would be in much better shape. Dipietro can hopefully come in and be as good as Demko has been for the Comets.
Great to hear!

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lvUgtjb.gif

Reactions: BassMason

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Was given 4 minutes of icetime in the next month after scoring 3 points in his first 2 games and comprehensively outplaying a scrub like Schaller.
He was also sat in the game vs Colorado after give away at blue line. He is nice call up material. If he showed as much passion as his supporters on this board he would be a regular nhl player. He still would not be Sutter level like a couple suggested he already is.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Another win for Demko. After the concussion scare this is a huge relief. The Canucks desperately need Demko to show that he could be the Canucks future #1 goalie. If that happens the Canucks would be in much better shape. Dipietro can hopefully come in and be as good as Demko has been for the Comets.

I wouldn't expect big things from Dipietro right off the bat. a lot of these young goalies struggle to varying degrees in their transition to the pro game. a lot of them end up in the ECHL for a spell just to get their footing.

Bachman will be Back next season and kubilkov should be in the mix as well.

Reactions: UticaHockey

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I wouldn't expect big things from Dipietro right off the bat. a lot of these young goalies struggle to varying degrees in their transition to the pro game. a lot of them end up in the ECHL for a spell just to get their footing.

I get that one wrong too. (Kulbakov)

Reactions: go comets

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012

I think it is a big relief that he is playing well after the concussion, but because of the concussion, a lot of people are forgetting how poor he was in the preseason. This is a prospect whose potential took a pretty serious blow before the concussion. Obviously the sample size was small, but I think everyone was expecting him to come into camp and challenge Nilsson - who isn't a good goalie - for the backup spot.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY

The AHL can be very tough on rookie goalies and my expectations are that DiPietro will struggle at first adjusting to the higher level of competition. Carter Hart so far is sporting a 3.61 GAA and a 0.884 SV% and has been pulled from a few games already. Even more surprising is Ilya Samsonov with a 3.98 GAA and 0.866 SV% who is coming off a couple real good years in the KHL.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
11/25/18
Utica Comets 4 Belleville Senators 2

Forwards:
Dahlen/Darcy/Bancks
Gaunce/Kero/Jasek
Carcone/Cameranesi/MacEwen
Gadjovich/Gardiner/Kile

D-Pairs:
Sautner/Blujus
Brisebois/Sifers
McEneny/Graham

Goal - Demko

Dahlen (3) from Carcone (7) and McEneny (5) PP-22
Kero (6) from MacEwen (7) and Carcone (8) PP- 23
Darcy (4) from Cameranesi (2) and Sautner (3)
Gaunce (3) unassisted EN

Demko - 28/SA, 26/SVS, GA/2
2-0-0-0, 45/49, GA/4, GAA/2.00, SV%/.918

SOG:
Sens - 4 16 8 = 28
Utica - 10 8 3 = 21

PP:
Sens: 0/5
Utica: 2/7

3 Stars:
1 - Cam Darcy (Utica Comets) 1G-GWG
2 - Thatcher Demko (Utica Comets) 26/28
3 - Michael Carcone (Utica Comets) 2A

Comets have now won 3 straight and bring their record to 9-10-1-1 and 20 PTS good for 3rd place tie with the Cleveland Monsters in the North Division.

Their spot in the standings is misleading due to the fact that Utica has played 3 more games than the Monsters. In fact only Binghamton and Laval have played as many games as the Comets.

Rochester 26 PTS/19 GP
Syracuse 23/17
Cleveland 20/18
Utica 20/21
Belleville 19/20
Binghamton/19/21
Toronto 17/17
Laval 16/21

Utica began this game just like all their other home games with a quick start scoring and heavily outshooting their opponents.

Then following their MO came out in the second sleepwalking and allowed the Senators to handily outplay them and tie the the score headed to the 3rd.

In the 3rd the Comets appeared to be just trying to hang on until they could catch a break. Their awaited miracle happened and they scored the go ahead goal on a breakaway goal from Darcy who came out of the penalty box behind the Sens' D and went in alone and scored with 4:51 to go. Gaunce iced it with an empty netter with :31 to go.

Demko kept them in it and was the big reason they hung on at the end.

Dahlen/Darcy/Bancks -
What a strange combination. Dahlen, a supposed highly skilled winger with Bancks, a highly skilled forechecking, energy type forward. These 2 complement one another in zero ways. So, Bancks grinds away and Dahlen seems out of touch with how to deal with that style and Dahlen uses his skills to feed the puck to Bancks, whose plumbing skills lend him to getting chances that don't end up in the net. Centered by Darcy.

After Kero, the Comets centers are interchangeable. None are playmakers. None are particularly good puck handlers. None are particularly good skaters.

Thus, Darcy aids Bancks a bit in his forecheck and tries to get Dahlen the puck as much as he can which is seldom.

Darcy has been very instrumental in the past 2 wins by getting 2 extremely out of the norm scoring chances, both of which he cashed in. Friday, he was directly passed the puck in the high slot by Guhle who must have had temporary tunnel vision as he was passing it to a mate with Darcy directly between the 2. Darcy walked right in and scored the unassisted goal (his 3rd goal of the season) that would end up the game winner.

Last night he got a long stretch pass from Cameranesi coming right out of the penalty box. His breakaway goal (is 4th goal of the season) was the game winner again.

Darcy's last goal before the last 2 nights was an empty netter (his 2nd goal of the season) on October 14th, 6 weeks ago.

The Comets will take them any way they can get them, but this is not indicative of Darcy's play with his linemates picking up.

Gaunce/Kero/Jasek -
Gaunce was set up with various scoring chances including a clean breakaway and only managed to score an empty netter.

Kero got a PP goal. This guy has been continually growing on me and he has become a steady centerman and threat to score as well as set up others on the PP.

Jasek is doing some nice things in the O-zone. His work before the o-zone is that of a programmed robot who fears being exploded by the grenade he has just been passed. He gets the puck moving up the boards in his own end and just blindly passes it directly to his left in a give and go touch pass or snap pass. Problem? There is no one there!!!! It's not an occasional thing, it's time after time. He never looks. He just wings it away. He's got to develop some balls and carry the puck in open space and look before he passes. The breakout he's doing is a coached breakout, but the pass can't be a blind automatic reflex action and that's what we are seeing.

Carcone/Cameranesi/MacEwen -
MacEwen continues to slog around the rink leaning too far forward and losing his balance as a result. He is usually on the ice at least once every shift. Always just a few inches short of the puck he is reaching for due to a lack of speed, passes bouncing off his rubber stick blade, making the same routine toe drag that works maybe every 2oth time, and losing the puck before getting off a shot. He will always make a couple of good passes in the O-zone for scoring chances and he always gets into a fray at the net front which results in a chance or 2. He misses 4 of every 5 checks he attempts because he is a fraction late arriving there. He is always rumbling around, but it's often just that with nothing coming from it. Some on here keep alluding to his promise as a Canuck. I hope they are right, but I'm not seeing the kind of skating I'm used to seeing in the NHL and I am unimpressed with his puck handling. It works well until he gets into traffic and then he loses it time after time. He has a very good shot, but he never gets it off when carrying the puck. It's seen best when he shoots off a pass. If he spent more time getting into open spots and shooting the puck passed to him instead of trying to take the puck there himself, he would be much more productive.

Carcone is the same as always. He's on one of those prevalent streaks where he seems to be doing everything right. We will see if this one is any different than his previous 2 seasons. If he continues to pass the puck once in a while as he has done lately, he could become a more dangerous and complete player. He is still only making these passes for the same reason as always, he has run out of time and space and thus, has no other option than to pass. The difference is the latest passes have actually been to someone instead of just thrown into space with a prayer.

Their center was PTO Cameranesi, who is only useful to get them the puck and away they go without him.

Gadjovich/Gardiner/Kile -
This line is offensively impotent. Once in awhile they tease you with what looks like an offensive threat, but it fizzles out. The bigger issue is what happens in their own end. They are really scary defensively. They came on 3/4 of the way through the 2nd and I said, "This line scares me."They promptly surrendered the tying 2nd goal. Swapping in Palmu for Kile doesn't change a lot.

Brisebois/Sifers - Sifers had become Olli's main man, but since his absence Brisbois has taken his spot. It seems Cull has assigned the so called top kid to Sifers, with they can work on their offensive game while the veteran D-man covers up. Hasn't done a thing for Breezy. He has shown very little offensive acumen.

Sautner/Blujus -
Blujus looks better every game and Sautner seems to wallow in some sort of chasm he can't break out of. The offensive flair he showed with Dylan last year hasn't resurfaced. He makes bad passes every game that had disappeared from his game last season. His shot and his dump ins are wimpy. The hard pass, when needed, ends up being the same wimpy, half speed, soft, failure. I keep wondering if he is nursing a wrist or shoulder that's not right. If not, he is falling off the cliff.

Graham/McEneny -
Mac is having enough trouble trying to right his own ship after missing a whole season and being saddled with Graham is no help. Graham has puck moving skills at lower levels that haven't translated to success at this level, so he is always taking off with the puck only to be disrupted or stripped and chasing things back to his own zone. Mac can't make the quick sharp turns on his bad wheel, therefore being left with an outnumbered situation is a burden for him that often results in good scoring chances. Graham doesn't play well in his own zone. He is ECHL material signed to an AHL deal and is the Comets in house depth. Another off season blunder of GM Johnson. Depth is supposed to be able to step in at least tread water and play it safe and not get hurt. Graham can barely keep his head above water.

Demko was the real reason for Saturday's success and Bachman was the answer on Friday making 43 saves. This team with it's current state of defensive woes on both the back and front ends can't win without stellar goal tending efforts every night. Any mistake that can be straight out blamed on the keeper will make winning that game even more difficult. That's a huge burden for these 2 to have to carry, but it looks like that's the way it will be.

I don't see any help from outside ever happening. It's obvious to anyone with eyes that it is needed and just as obvious that the management team at both levels has no plans to act on those needs. The Comets will sink or swim with what's available in the system and whatever PTOs they have to sign to fill out a game day roster.

The most intelligent thing that Conacher could do first thing he enters his office in the morning is make TJ Hensick the next PTO. Release Cameranesi and sign TJ. His ECHL numbers have increased to 24 points in 16GP with 18 assists. The guy is flat out a play maker. I have a sneaking suspicion that Pat has been told no on TJ. He went after him before and he knows what TJ can add to the struggling kids' development. If they can't have Gagner, for God's sake give them a good veteran ex-NHL top 6 center on a dirt cheap PTO. He steals ice from not one single prospect, but can add so much success to their game. This is a ****ING NO BRAINER!!!!!

Last edited:

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

The AHL can be very tough on rookie goalies and my expectations are that DiPietro will struggle at first adjusting to the higher level of competition. Carter Hart so far is sporting a 3.61 GAA and a 0.884 SV% and has been pulled from a few games already. Even more surprising is Ilya Samsonov with a 3.98 GAA and 0.866 SV% who is coming off a couple real good years in the KHL.

I agree. I'm not expecting big things right off the bat from Dipietro either. The AHL is a step up and often takes some adjustment time. If I remember correctly, Demko didn't start off particularly well either. I think Dipietro is a pretty good goalie prospect and do see him staring in the AHL.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
He was also sat in the game vs Colorado after give away at blue line. He is nice call up material. If he showed as much passion as his supporters on this board he would be a regular nhl player. He still would not be Sutter level like a couple suggested he already is.

For all the good defensive work he did last season, he sure as hell is getting no leash from Green whatsoever for some inexplicable reason. All the more ridiculous considering how much rope they gave someone like Schaller.

Reactions: daddyohsix

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015

This one has puzzled me a bit, as by my count the Canucks are only a day over the 30 day limit beyond which they have to expose Archibald to waivers.

Archibald will probably make it through waivers (we'll know in just a few minutes) but surely given that his total playing time over the past two games is 8:10 (2:25 against the Jets and 5:45 against the Ducks) they could have sent him back a few days earlier and used another warm body for the tiny bit of playing time they used Archibald.

I know it's a little thing (at least to the Canucks, but not so little to the Comets) and will be unlikely to make any difference. It just seems to me completely unnecessary to expose him.

Last edited:

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver

If that's the bar, then why is Guds not in the ECHL?

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
This one has puzzled me a bit, as by my count the Canucks are only a day over the 30 day limit beyond which they have to expose Archibald to waivers.

Archibald will probably make it through waivers (we'll know in just a few minutes) but surely given that his total playing time over the past two games is 8:10 (2:25 against the Jets and 5:45 against the Ducks) they could have sent back a few days earlier and used another warm body for the tiny bit of playing time they used Archibald.

I know it's a little thing (at least to the Canucks, but not to little to the Comets) and will be unlikely to make any difference. It just seems to me completely unnecessary to expose him.
It makes perfect sense. They are hoping Archie is claimed. He does get paid too much

Reactions: GoTeamDom

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014

Archibald will probably make it through waivers (we'll know in just a few minutes) but surely given that his total playing time over the past two games is 8:10 (2:25 against the Jets and 5:45 against the Ducks) they could have sent back a few days earlier and used another warm body for the tiny bit of playing time they used Archibald.

I know it's a little thing (at least to the Canucks, but not to little to the Comets) and will be unlikely to make any difference. It just seems to me completely unnecessary to expose him.

I have mentioned this at least twice over the past week or more. There were absolutely zero reasons for exposing him to waivers once again. He could have been sent down right after his last game and all would have been fine. Nope they brought Boucher up and kept Archi around for no good reason and then decided it's time to send him back. If this management team had a brain it would be hard to locate.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
As to Archi being overpayed? He makes $650,000 THE minimum NHL salary on a 2-way which pays him $250,000 in Utica. An average veteran paycheck in the AHL.

The overpayment on the Vancouver roster is multiple millions to several different players, the majority of whom are not close to earning their money and some are only AHL worthy to begin with.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
As to Archi being overpayed? He makes $650,000 THE minimum NHL salary on a 2-way which pays him $250,000 in Utica. An average veteran paycheck in the AHL.

The overpayment on the Vancouver roster is multiple millions to several different players, the majority of whom are not close to earning their money and some are only AHL worthy to begin with.
Archie is overpaid. So are 90% of the players in Vancouver. I’m sure they were hoping Gagner and Archie would get claimed. Aquilini is probably losing patience with all of the bad contracts

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Archibald is the same player that every farm team in the AHL has on their roster. He gets paid a decent salary to mentor kids, but also to be stashed in the minors for emergency use in the NHL . They are not great players at the NHL level, but they serve a necessary need. Fact is most AHL teams have more than one Archi.

If you don't believe in paying these guys the NHL minimum, I guess you might just as well head to the local beer leagues. There are plenty of guys there willing to suit up for their jersey, a couple post game beers, and $1oo. They will plain stink up the ice and obviously be in so far over their heads they are drowning just lining up for a faceoff, but they will come cheap. The fan base will scream bloody murder, but the owner will save a wad of cash and please you because he's getting paid what you think he's worth. Nah, ,you'd bitch he's overpaid as well.

Every NHL team has a few of these guys on the farm. It is the price of the game. Aqual-man doling out the big multi year contracts to underwhelming talent should be of much greater concern to him than paying minimum for call-ups which is mandatory based on the league salary rules that agreed to with the NHLPA in collective bargaining. I don't really think it bothers him since he had to okay every one of those deals before they were done and he's continued to do with every contract signed since Benning took over as GM. They have recurred every single season with another round sure to follow if he's still at the helm this summer or maybe even at the TDL.

What does it matter to a fan anyways as to the $$$$ an owner is willing to pay any player. It's his money and he has more of it than he will ever need. The hockey team is a toy for most of them anyways. When you have billions, paying Archi $650,000/250,000 is like you dropping a nickel into a storm drain. You won't even miss it.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
As expected, Archi clears the waiver wire the 'Nucks never needed to expose him to.

Archi and Gaunce will help, but they are both wings. Could mean even less time for Gadjovich and Palmu when other Comets come off the IR, i.e. Lind and MacMaster. Alex Kile will get his release and will return to the Maine Mariners.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
... Fact is most AHL teams have more than one Archi.

If you don't believe in paying these guys the NHL minimum, I guess you might just as well head to the local beer leagues. ...

That's pretty close to the Johnson method of acquring depth for Comets-head to random arenas, call out "who is hungry to play in the NHL?" and sign the first to respond in each location to an AHL deal.

Reactions: Bad Goalie

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
That's pretty close to the Johnson method of acquring depth for Comets-head to random arenas, call out "who is hungry to play in the NHL?" and sign the first to respond in each location to an AHL deal.

This is the BEST laugh I've had since reading my first HF post!!!! LOL

'Tis the season and this is a good start!

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
Carcone/Cameranesi/MacEwen -
MacEwen continues to slog around the rink leaning too far forward and losing his balance as a result. He is usually on the ice at least once every shift. Always just a few inches short of the puck he is reaching for due to a lack of speed, passes bouncing off his rubber stick blade, making the same routine toe drag that works maybe every 2oth time, and losing the puck before getting off a shot. He will always make a couple of good passes in the O-zone for scoring chances and he always gets into a fray at the net front which results in a chance or 2. He misses 4 of every 5 checks he attempts because he is a fraction late arriving there. He is always rumbling around, but it's often just that with nothing coming from it. Some on here keep alluding to his promise as a Canuck. I hope they are right, but I'm not seeing the kind of skating I'm used to seeing in the NHL and I am unimpressed with his puck handling. It works well until he gets into traffic and then he loses it time after time. He has a very good shot, but he never gets it off when carrying the puck. It's seen best when he shoots off a pass. If he spent more time getting into open spots and shooting the puck passed to him instead of trying to take the puck there himself, he would be much more productive.

Carcone is the same as always. He's on one of those prevalent streaks where he seems to be doing everything right. We will see if this one is any different than his previous 2 seasons. If he continues to pass the puck once in a while as he has done lately, he could become a more dangerous and complete player. He is still only making these passes for the same reason as always, he has run out of time and space and thus, has no other option than to pass. The difference is the latest passes have actually been to someone instead of just thrown into space with a prayer.

MacEwan needs to improve his skating, particularly his first step, but I don't think it needs to be by all that much to allow him to skate in the NHL. I think you're being a bit harsh on his puck handling skills, where I think it's more decision making than hands, which should continue to improve with experience. Even so, he is still producing without a good centre and on the PP. I think he's already a more dynamic skater and better puck handler than Archibald, but needs experience to hopefully become a better all round player than him. I haven't paid much attention to him on the penalty kill so will do so in future viewings, but my hope is that he can become a cheap reliable bottom 6 winger that kills penalties in a year or two from now.

Same with Carcone, except he lacks size but has the wheels. If he can improve his consistency in using his teammates and is good on the PK, he could be useful at the bottom of the lineup. But really the Canucks need to stop signing guys like Schaller and use some of the players from the farm to fill out the bottom of the roster and get that pipeline flowing, and most importantly, give them a run of games to see how they progress. Every team has players like Carcone and MacEwan on the farm, but the smart ones use them rather than get bottom 6 players through trade or free agency.

Reactions: lindgren

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Going back and watching the weekend's games. Will start with the 5-4 win over Rochester from Friday.

Team was badly outshot and probably got a lucky win. Got some puck luck and good finishing off some horrible defensive blunders by Rochester. Defense really struggled moving the puck.

- Carcone wasn't as good as the previous two games but still scored twice and was the 1st star. Skated well in the first/third periods but drifted out of the game a bit in the 2nd and his puck management issues popped up again. Still another very good performance from a guy who deserves a callup at some point soon.

- MacEwen looked sluggish for the 3-4 games prior to this one but was much better and more lively. Is most dangerous when he's moving his feet with a head of steam on the rush and that part of his game was back.

- happy for Gaunce that he scored right away. Neutral zone play is too good for this level - does the work of any two other Comets against the rush. Ongoing issue for him at every level is that he is much better early than late and seems to tire and this was the case a bit again.

- Dahlen ... ugh. Hands and talent are there, skating ability and compete aren't. Funny how he and Juolevi are a throwback to the long blown-up stereotypes of Scandinavian players from 30 years ago. Floats in and out of the game, occasionally does the fancy edgework stuff his dad did (on the perimeter leading to nothing) disappears for ages, gets a look at goal ... and the release on his shot is slooooow. Looks better on the PP where his hands and ability to give/receive a pass are more on display and his lack of footspeed less of a factor.

- if the Canucks replaced Granlund with Kero, would anyone notice?

- Jasek is a funny player. Kind of fast but kind of awkward at the same time. Seems soft and weak but gets greasy goals from tough areas.

- Palmu is getting a little better and even though he will 100% be a bust you can see where eventually he might be a useful player at the AHL level. Is completely incapable of taking a pass, though - every time a good outlet pass hits his stick, it hops 3 feet off.

- no such hope for Gadjovich. Hard to explain how bad his skating is at this level, is painful to watch. Should be in Kalamazoo. Also has no physical game whatsoever - frustrating to see a guy of his size turning away from finishing his checks.

- Sautner-Blujus pairing played huge minutes and survived but their Corsi numbers would have sucked. Blujus didn't skate nearly as well as in the Wednesday game against Laval. Sautner does the right things defensively and is in the right place ... but unless he can start moving the puck with more authority or find ways to push the play forward more dynamically, he won't grow past this level.

- Brisebois again really struggled moving the puck. Just looks to be panicking and throwing it up the boards. Had a few Gudbranson-esque icings. Excellent game a week ago boosted my hopes a bit but performances like this really make it hard to see an NHL future.

- the two guys who can move the puck are McEneny who can't skate and Graham who is tiny and horrid defensively but did finally have a game where he justified his roster spot with some good PP work.

- Bachman made a lot of saves but it was as much luck as skill at times and didn't look comfortable. Puckhandling also terrifying at this level.

- Victor Olofsson for Rochester looked like a real player. Didn't score but was easily the most dangerous forward on the ice. A name to look at if a vastly-improved Buffalo team is looking at adding depth at the deadline.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
... aaaand 4-2 over Belleville on Saturday. I normally have a life, I swear.

Average performance in a pretty even game. Team is really being carried by their PP right now - thought it would be affected by the loss of Juolevi but just keeps rolling.

- Demko was rock solid, especially when the team lagged in the 2nd period. Moved well and looked calm and controlled. Especially liked how confident he looked stopping a breakaway from ex-Comet Labate. Both goals to beat him were deflections with really no chance.

- Carcone with his 3rd straight multi-point game. Again not perfect and had a couple poor forced passes but it seems like the entire offense is running through him right now. Generated several quality chances for linemates.

- MacEwen had quite a bit of jump but lots of slop to his game. Needs to be more direct and effecient. Did make a terrific bang-bang pass to Kero for the 2-0 goal.

- Gaunce deserved the EN goal after getting no luck on about a dozen chances. Worked tirelessly and looks to have returned to Utica with a great attitude.

- Dahlen ... more of the same. Scored a goal on a bit of a janky one-timer on the PP and had a few other good moments on the PP, where he does look good. At ES, couldn't find him without a program. Everything is on the perimeter - sideboards or shots from the tops of the circles. Does not go to tough areas of the ice, at all. 1 ES goal and 5 ES points in 20 games. Can see why Ottawa sold high on him.

- rough game for Jasek. Poor puck management, never generated anything.

- Palmu a healthy scratch, Gadjovich invisible again.

- Cam Darcy isn't a prospect but has really solidified the team at C since returning from injury. Scored in each of the two weekend games and did yeoman work on the PK.

- Blujus-Sautner were better. Blujus skated much better than in the Rochester game and was probably the team's best defender again. Sautner competes hard but simply cannot generate controlled zone exits.

- Brisebois better also. Skated better and joined the play well a couple times. Also knocked a Senator player flying after he poked Demko which is the most physicality I've ever seen from him.

- McEneny is piling up PP points right now and looking good there but the pairing with Graham was an adventure all night.

- how is Christian Wolanin not up on Ottawa's awful blueline? Impressive player, skated miles and passed the puck crisply all night.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
It's disappointing to hear about Gadjovich. Hopefully he improves. Looking at the draft, I'm not sure if there are any guys drafted after him that sticks out as reasonable choices at the time that look to be better picks today.

Anyone know when Kole Lind would return to the lineup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->