2018-19 Utica Comets, Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I would guess that poster is getting exhausted.

It's understandable, trying to defend the indefensible is likely very tiring.

He doesn't even seem to think Benning is doing a good job overall but still wastes countless hours exhaustively trying to pick apart every minute detail of every transaction in order to explain why it was a good move by Benning.

Fan, can you take seventeen steps back and explain what your actual position is?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
You're in disbelief over what? That someone correctly called you out? You were nitpicking weren't you? Considering that you didn't deny it in your last post I assume you agree.

Markus Granlund has outproduced Kero both at the AHL level and NHL level.

In disbelief that someone who never makes an actual argument but constantly nitpicks on the fringes of arguments could accuse someone else of nitpicking.

Yes, you called me out that in a throwaway sentence I called a player a $600k player instead of a $700k player, which changes nothing about my actual statement. Woe is me. I’ll probably have to stop posting here out of shame.

On Kero vs. Granlund :

- both are the same age and size. Both can play wing or C.

- Kero is unequivocally a better skater.

- Kero is unequivocally far better at faceoffs, something this organization values highly.

- Kero has scored 25 ES points/82 GP in the NHL from limited minutes in a not insignificant sample size. Granlund has scored at 22 ES points/82 GP, which includes a long stint with the Sedins. Over the past 2 seasons, he’s scored at 16 ES points/82 GP, which is utterly horrific (like, pretty close to the worst in the NHL for top-9 forwards kind of bad) considering his icetime and usage.

- Kero has generated better PK results in the NHL than Granlund, which isn’t surprising because Granlund is a complete catastrophe on the PK and should really never play there again.

- Kero has never played on the PP in the NHL, but really neither should Granlund.

- Kero has generated better defensive results in the NHL than Granlund from similar zone starts.

Guys like Granlund and Pouliot are minor-league turds who this hopeless organization tried to polish after their previous organizations realized they were minor-league turds, but have been completely terrible and a big part of the reason this team has been so poor, are still minor-league turds, but have become ‘established NHLers’ because the turd-polishing has lasted so long.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
12/12/18

Providence Bruins (11-10-4-0) @ Utica Comets (12-13-1-1-)
7 pm EST

Two teams with similar records and both with 26 points.

Comets come into this one with their defense Corps hurting.
Sautner, Juolevi, and Chatfield are injured.

McEneny, Sifers, and Brisebois are all that's left of the original top 6. Juolevi and Chatfield went down 11/17, and #7 Dylan Blujus, who was rarely in the lineup became a regular. He has quickly esatblished himself as maybe the Comets best D-man, easily top 3. The #8 D-man, Jesse Graham, also became a regular. Now they are down to a PTO or Jagger dirk to fill in the 6th slot. Graham has steadily improved and he can skate the puck, but defensively he is weak. Dirk is just not good, thus, Colton Saucerman was signed to a PTO. I would expect to see the Saucerman tonight. Cull will want to see if he is the better choice with Binghamton coming in on Friday.

Hopefully, the Gaunce to Center move is permanent. That puts 2 decent experienced guys in the middle. That's a start, but won't solve all of the center issues here.

I assume from the last couple of games that "Megaterio Llamas" will be watching and keep those interested in the know.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
In disbelief that someone who never makes an actual argument but constantly nitpicks on the fringes of arguments could accuse someone else of nitpicking.

Yes, you called me out that in a throwaway sentence I called a player a $600k player instead of a $700k player, which changes nothing about my actual statement. Woe is me. I’ll probably have to stop posting here out of shame.

On Kero vs. Granlund :

- Kero is unequivocally far better at faceoffs, something this organization values highly.

- Kero has scored 25 ES points/82 GP in the NHL from limited minutes in a not insignificant sample size. Granlund has scored at 22 ES points/82 GP, which includes a long stint with the Sedins. Over the past 2 seasons, he’s scored at 16 ES points/82 GP, which is utterly horrific (like, pretty close to the worst in the NHL for top-9 forwards kind of bad) considering his icetime and usage.

- Kero has generated better PK results in the NHL than Granlund, which isn’t surprising because Granlund is a complete catastrophe on the PK and should really never play there again.

- Kero has never played on the PP in the NHL, but really neither should Granlund.

- Kero has generated better defensive results in the NHL than Granlund from similar zone starts.

Guys like Granlund and Pouliot are minor-league turds who this hopeless organization tried to polish after their previous organizations realized they were minor-league turds, but have been completely terrible and a big part of the reason this team has been so poor, are still minor-league turds, but have become ‘established NHLers’ because the turd-polishing has lasted so long.
Calgary played Granlund in the nhl mostly. He scored 19 goals in a injury shortened year. He is a nhl player. A good one? maybe no but multiplecoaches and gm's think he is a nhl player. I have not watched Kero. Kero has not got the same love through the difference between top ahlers and bottom nhl players is small. Though i believe you have argued Gaunce is as good as Sutter which I do not agree with so no benefit of the doubt with this comparison.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
12/12/18

7 pm EST

McEneny, Sifers, and Brisebois are all that's left of the original top 6. Juolevi and Chatfield went down 11/17, and #7 Dylan Blujus, who was rarely in the lineup became a regular. He has quickly esatblished himself as maybe the Comets best D-man, easily top 3. The #8 D-man, Jesse Graham, also became a regular. Now they are down to a PTO or Jagger dirk to fill in the 6th slot. Graham has steadily improved and he can skate the puck, but defensively he is weak. Dirk is just not good, thus, Colton Saucerman was signed to a PTO. I would expect to see the Saucerman tonight. Cull will want to see if he is the better choice with Binghamton coming in on Friday.

Hopefully, the Gaunce to Center move is permanent. That puts 2 decent experienced guys in the middle. That's a start, but won't solve all of the center issues here.

I assume from the last couple of games that "Megaterio Llamas" will be watching and keep those interested in the know.
Blujus is listed as day to day so the Comets defense will feature three ECHL defenders in Graham, Dirk and Saucerman.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Relax man. No need to feel shame.

But I didn't take you as someone who is in disbelief easily. Try going out more.

Damn. You seriously got to relax. So you don't think they are good NHL players. That's fine. Like Benning, they really don't deserve you calling them names and calling them turds.

Reactions: Nomobo

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
12/12/18

7 pm EST

I will miss the beginning of this one, but I'll chime in when I get back.

Feb 20, 2013

On Kero vs. Granlund :

Speaking of nitpicking, trying to argue that the subtle shuffling around of cheap, <25 year old 7-13 forwards and 4-7 defensemen is some sort of downfall of this organization is absurd.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Speaking of nitpicking, trying to argue that the subtle shuffling around of cheap, <25 year old 7-13 forwards and 4-7 defensemen is some sort of downfall of this organization is absurd.

The entire organization is attracted to smaller checking type forwards for some strange reason.
Most teams try to keep a few but this is just insane what the Canucks have done to both teams..

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
The Comets now occupy the fourth and final playoff spot in the North Division (though the teams around them have a few games in hand, so there's considerable work still to be done).

The Gagner/Carcone led Marlies are 3 points back with 3 games in hand.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->