2018-19 Utica Comets, Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Forgot one more point. Alex Biega, reassigned to the Comets' will not be in uniform tonight. Bulldog is expected to join the Comets this weekend.

Great for the fan base and the team, but I feel Biega still belongs in Vancouver. So be it.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Forgot one more point. Alex Biega, reassigned to the Comets' will not be in uniform tonight. Bulldog is expected to join the Comets this weekend.

Great for the fan base and the team, but I feel Biega still belongs in Vancouver. So be it.
Looking forward to seeing how the D pairs look with him in the lineup.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
51268152013.gif
503474472014.gif

ROCHESTER AMERICANS (3-2-0-0) @ UTICA COMETS (3-2-0-0)
Adirondack Bank Center - Utica, NY
October 17, 2018 - 7:00PM EDT

Starting goaltenders:
Rochester: Scott Wedgewood (3 GP, 1-2-0, 4.42 GAA, .862 Save%, 0 shutouts)
Utica: Richard Bachman (3 GP, 1-2-0, 3.71 GAA, .891 Save%, 0 shutouts)

Rochester stats leaders:
Goals: Victor Olofsson, C.J. Smith (3)
Assists: Victor Olofsson, Lawrence Pilut, Zach Redmond (5)
+/-: Lawrence Pilut (+5)
PIMS: William Borgen, Danny O'Regan (6)

Utica stats leaders:
Goals: Reid Boucher (8)
Assists: Tanner Kero (5)
+/-: Michael Carcone, Guillaume Brisebois (+4)
PIMS: Brendan Woods (29)

Forward lines and D pairs:
MacMaster - Kero - Boucher
Archibald - Darcy - Carcone
Lind - Woods - MacEwen
Dahlen - Jasek - Bancks

Juolevi - Chatfield
Sautner - Blujus
McEneny - Brisebois

Scratches:
F Brendan Gaunce (inj.), F Wacey Hamilton (inj.), F Vincent Arseneau, F Jonah Gadjovich, F Petrus Palmu, D Jaime Sifers, D Jesse Graham​

Last edited:

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Hoo boy, it's 3-0 Amerks with about 7 to go in the 1st. All of Rochester's goals have come on the PP. They went up 1-0 early in the period and the other two came just now as the Comets took two separate penalties to put them 3 on 5. Redmond scored his 2nd of the period on the 5 on 3 and then Olofsson promptly scored after the next faceoff.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Victor Olofsson, last season's SHL goal scoring leader, gets his 2nd of the game with another lethal shot.

4-1 Americans.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Complete no show from the comets. From what I saw tonight I have no clue how this team won any games in Toronto. Worst performance from the team in their six years here.....

nuck luck

Mar 2, 2016
If there were some Comets fans on here that post absurdities now and then do you want Canucks fans to generalize Comets fans using them as reference? It surely wouldn’t be an accurate portrayal of Comets fans on this board.

Obviously there are posters here who are not knowledgeable. Some Benning haters for example think it’s Benning not liking a Gillis’ drafted prospect but it’s not like we have no gauge of where Subban is at. There has not been a preseason where Jordan has impressed. Sending him down wasn’t even a question but an afterthought.

There is a major difference between knowledgeable and educated.

I would categorize the Utica posters mentioned earlier, including a couple not mentioned, as far more educated when we discuss the Comets. There are, have been, and will be some comet fans posting absurdities, but we can all decide who knows more and who doesn't when one side posts facts/evidence to back their claims. It's just easier to generalize than anything else, so let's just grow up and not pretend that we're offended by people on here generalizing when you do the same.

It's no coincidence that your example of some posters being 'not knowledgeable' are the anti-benning group. I will not pretend to take offence and sell my 'grievance' to enhance my argument. However, you should note that you just generalized all anti-benning posters as one, incidentally, this is exactly the same thing you were complaining about.

Moving on, the majority of Canuck's fans don't watch nearly as many games, certainly don't watch as many games live, are heavily influenced by bias and preconceived notion. Utica posters follow the Comets closely, they are rabid fans and follow all news regarding the Comets as you or I would with the Canucks. I also don't think it's 'reaching' to assume Comet fans have very little, if any, prejudice when it comes to benning. Out of all the posters on this forum, I would wager that Comet fans have the least biased towards the GM of the Canucks. They may hate him, love him or feel indifferent, however, their perception will be solely based on his performance and how his actions/non-actions affect the Comets. Their opinion is most likely the purest on this form in regards to benning.

Before you say anything, I'll add this. I'm not saying they are always correct or we should accept what they say without any thoughts of our own. Yes, they are not as informed and don't follow the Canucks as closely as you or I. My point is that if you want to hear a third party's opinion, who has no affiliation to pro/anti benning, than these guys can probably provide that and I would say that they are fairly knowledgeable about the Canucks. You want more informed discussions than you probably follow Canuck posters who are more educated on their team.

It should be a given that the reverse is acceptable and when it comes to the Comets, we may all be knowledgeable about the team, we are not as educated. Most of us come here to read Comet fan's posts for that.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
The Canucks do have a tradition of signing the lesser siblings of star players and Subban was very much in that tradition. Jordan was very popular with the Canucks fan base and there was a good deal of support for calling him up to the NHL club throughout his time with the organization despite his actual performance on the ice being woefully substandard. He was very much in the Steve Kariya - Fedor Fedorov tradition. Tellingly, there is some support here at HF for the Canucks acquiring the rights to Elias Pettersson's older brother Emil.

But who knows, given the Comet's shortage down the middle perhaps the unsigned Freddie Hamilton could be signed to at least satisfy some of this hunger ;)

Reactions: F A N

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Bachman has had a rough start to the season. As a smaller goalie, he's always going to be vulnerable to top-shelf goals, but this year they're going in, in bunches. Has been outplayed by Kulbakov so far. Will be interesting to see what they decide do when Demko is ready to return.

Reactions: lindgren

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
The Canucks do have a tradition of signing the lesser siblings of star players and Subban was very much in that tradition. Jordan was very popular with the Canucks fan base and there was a good deal of support for calling him up to the NHL club throughout his time with the organization despite his actual performance on the ice being woefully substandard. He was very much in the Steve Kariya - Fedor Fedorov tradition. Tellingly, there is some support here at HF for the Canucks acquiring the rights to Elias Pettersson's older brother Emil.

But who knows, given the Comet's shortage down the middle perhaps the unsigned Freddie Hamilton could be signed to at least satisfy some of this hunger ;)

You know I was actually thinking who the "lesser siblings of star players" were and then I read Steve Kariya and Fedor Fedorov. Thanks. Ah the memories.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Olofsson is a player to get excited about. At this point Dahlin looks like a long term project. And nothing to get excited about.......

Hey, friend. Better get this one right before some Vancouver guy gets on you about how you can't even spell your own guy's name correctly.

Dahlin plays in Buffalo. Our star is Dahlen. However, he does look like a project. The 2 two Swedes who dominated the offense from Sweden were Olofsson and Pilut(21). Nylander (20) was much better also. They all play for the Amerks.

Reactions: go comets

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Can't decide if the Comets are that bad or the Amerks are just that good, but think it may be a bit of both. Never saw a Comets team dominated that completely. Any pass to any Comet was always instantly meted by a blue shirt. They were on the Comets like flies on *** and hair on a dog. They had 0 space to maneuver. It reminded me of the Z/Hamilton/Bancks line in '14-15 except they had 4 lines doing it. 1st period 3-0 Amerks, Comets with 3 SOG and the rest was just a formality with 3 more tallies. 5 came on the 1st 15 shots. The Comets vaunted PK was blown out of the water. Cull should have called a time out and yanked Bachman after the first 3 if for no other reason than to wake them up. He didn't and they sleep walked to the end. I am sure they woke up this morning with the belief that last night was just a bad dream.

Reactions: UticaHockey

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
Hey, friend. Better get this one right before some Vancouver guy gets on you about how you can't even spell your own guy's name correctly.

Dahlin plays in Buffalo. Our star is Dahlen. However, he does look like a project. The 2 two Swedes who dominated the offense from Sweden were Olofsson and Pilut(21). Nylander (20) was much better also. They all play for the Amerks.
Add Asplund in there too who also had a good game. But Olofsson was at a different level. He is at 12 points in 6 games for the Amerks and looks like he should be in the NHL. I would think that a few more games to show that he is comfortable on the smaller ice surface and he will be in Buffalo.

Last edited:
Reactions: go comets
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->