2018-19 Trade Deadline Thread

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I'm going to pin this thread, this will be the official trade deadline thread. Report and discuss ONLY confirmed trades, as in posted by the teams official accounts, here.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I'll start. The Guelph Storm were busy today, completing three deals.

First they acquired Entwistle from Hamilton:

Then Phillips from Owen Sound:

And finally, Gordeev from Flint:

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Two other deals today, as Oshawa acquired Neumann from Kingston in exhange for Wong and picks:

And it appears Saginaw and Mississauga completed the 2nd part of what was possibly one deal, bringing Tippett to the Spirit:

Reactions: LDN

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Indeed!!!

Given the cringing over the last month in Guelph as the team was dismantled this is promising.

Entwistle - everything I'm reading and seeing points to a great character guy, exactly what Guelph was missing the first half of the year. No ego, just solid 2-way play.

Phillips - 2 WIC players today? Don't mind if we do. Guelph is now extremely deep on LD. Samorukov, Phillips, Chayka (for the time being?), Woolley and

Gordeev - a giant. I find it hard to know what to expect here, tough to evaluate a guys character on the Firebirds - didn't like his game against Guelph but we'll see.

With 5 days to go until the deadline and big players still getting healthy, watch out come playoffs. I'm good with being the underdog though when you've made a decisive push.

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
Entwistle - everything I'm reading and seeing points to a great character guy, exactly what Guelph was missing the first half of the year. No ego, just solid 2-way play.

In printed game media he's claimed Bergeron as his favourite player. He can certainly emulate him at times. Not a bad role model to have. I understand why it had to happen, but I hate the trade for the immediate loss.

Reactions: StormWatcher

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
In printed game media he's claimed Bergeron as his favourite player. He can certainly emulate him at times. Not a bad role model to have. I understand why it had to happen, but I hate the trade for the immediate loss.

And that is why I am excited for Guelph. Everything folks are saying about the kid speaks to his character - those are the types of guys we need. This Guelph squad is aiming to be balanced (much like 2014 - many 20+ goal scorers instead of a phenom.) If the kids are all giving max effort, no ego, and the defense is sound I'll be cheering proud during the playoff stretch.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
...Gordeev - a giant. I find it hard to know what to expect here, tough to evaluate a guys character on the Firebirds - didn't like his game against Guelph but we'll see...
Have fun with Gordeev. His game will wear thin on you quickly. Yes, he's huge, but he doesn't ever use that size to his advantage in the defensive zone, and he loves to take poorly timed penalties. Rushes the puck a lot and carries it down deep....so deep that he gets caught as the puck comes back up the ice. There are good elements to his game, but I found him frustrating.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
North Bay acquires import dman Zack Malik from Sudbury, possibly freeing up Sudbury to make a move:

Mississauga acquires '99 born winger McHugh from Kitchener:

Reactions: LDN

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Is today at Noon the Overage trade deadline and tomorrow at Noon the Regular trade deadline? I can't seem to find the link on the OHL website.

Thanks in advance.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Have fun with Gordeev. His game will wear thin on you quickly. Yes, he's huge, but he doesn't ever use that size to his advantage in the defensive zone, and he loves to take poorly timed penalties. Rushes the puck a lot and carries it down deep....so deep that he gets caught as the puck comes back up the ice. There are good elements to his game, but I found him frustrating.
I think you will see Gordeev will benefit from playing on a stacked team. These seasoned vets cover up lot of mistakes and I think the Storm have to be front runners. One of the most stacked teams I can remember. Plus they have a ton of size. Once March comes around and they get their injured players back it will be hard to stop them.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Quite a few more deals with the OA deadline today. First, the much-rumored Guelph-Owen Sound deal is done.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Two Oshawa deals, first acquiring Mattinen from Flint, then dealing Rupoli to Kitchener:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad