Prospect Info: 2019-20 Syracuse Crunch & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Gabriel Fortier who we choose in the 2nd round this year has 31 points in 24 games.

Reactions: JDBolt

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
Really happy to see the Crunch have seemingly turned it around lately. Won their last 4 and 6-0-1 in their last 7. Very impressive considering as many rookies and young players they have plus the injuries, call-ups etc. Just a lot of roster/role changes it seems to me...Hopefully they continue to grow together.

Who is their backup goalie behind Ingram at the moment?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Really happy to see the Crunch have seemingly turned it around lately. Won their last 4 and 6-0-1 in their last 7. Very impressive considering as many rookies and young players they have plus the injuries, call-ups etc. Just a lot of roster/role changes it seems to me...Hopefully they continue to grow together.

Who is their backup goalie behind Ingram at the moment?
Martin Ouellette.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It's interesting how Raddysh can land anywhere in these things. Feels like he's one of our better prospects, but also doesn't feel like a huge injustice to see him barely break the top 10.

IveI had some issues with their rankings in the past, they do a good job but there seems to be one or two they have way off from me. Sometimes I think they put draft position too high in their evaluation. For a while they had Joseph down their list behind guys like Peca, Yan and Stephens and I felt he should've been above them. Raddysh has a very high offemoffe ceiling he just isn't as well rounded as the others. With our top 6 pretty well locked up the other guys who play a better bottom 6 game seem to be rated higher. If Raddysh can adapt his game like Miller has where he uses his size to be physical and can play a 4th like role if asked then his ability to transition to our team will be easier.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
IveI had some issues with their rankings in the past, they do a good job but there seems to be one or two they have way off from me. Sometimes I think they put draft position too high in their evaluation. For a while they had Joseph down their list behind guys like Peca, Yan and Stephens and I felt he should've been above them. Raddysh has a very high offemoffe ceiling he just isn't as well rounded as the others. With our top 6 pretty well locked up the other guys who play a better bottom 6 game seem to be rated higher. If Raddysh can adapt his game like Miller has where he uses his size to be physical and can play a 4th like role if asked then his ability to transition to our team will be easier.

Seems like Raddysh's skating is holding him back with their rankings, which I agree with after seeing him in the preseason. He struggled to make a difference because the game just looked too fast for him. He couldn't get into the positions/situations he did in junior.

Agreed on Joseph, but I've been high on him since watching him locally with the Sea Dogs. Part of that is bias, but part of it is I always figured he was a sure-bet NHLer just because it was easy to picture his skillset translating, mostly because of its simplicity (skate the puck up the wall; have decent enough hands to create a play sometimes; you make the NHL). I'm a little shocked at just HOW fast he looks compared to NHL talent, but always figured he'd be fast enough to beat out icings, beat flat-footed defensemen into the zone, etc. The league seems to be adjusting to him a little bit now, but it's encouraging that he seems to be adjusting too.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Crunch win again 3-0. Ingram gets his 3rd shutout of the season, Conacher with 2 assists, ABB with a ppg.

Reactions: Stamper

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada

Good to see. Hopefully he can be a solid backup in the future but there is always that possibility that your backup walks away to get a starting job elsewhere. Surprised it didn't happen to Saros but I think its because Rinne just resigned for two more years hes projected to start in three years.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
ESPN top 100 had three bolts prospects....Katchouk, Foote and Raddysh. None in the top 50.

Surprised not to see Masin, Volkov or Stephens

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
ESPN top 100 had three bolts prospects....Katchouk, Foote and Raddysh. None in the top 50.

Surprised not to see Masin, Volkov or Stephens
Looks about right to me, quite frankly Volkov looks just average so far. There is nobody coming yet like Joseph and Cernak last year. Volkov would do well on the lightning if he got put with skilled players, but on his own he just shows flashes.

Last edited:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Looks about right to me, quite frankly Volkov looks just average so far. There is nobody coming yet like Joseph and Cernak last year. Volkov would do well on the lightning if he got put with skilled players, but on his own he just shows flashes.

Sounds like the team is winning despite our "better" prospects not showing much. Or at least this is what it sounds like.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Sounds like the team is winning despite our "better" prospects not showing much. Or at least this is what it sounds like.

With all the injuries to start the season, the very talented but young prospects were handed the puck and told to go with little on ice leadership. Now that some of the vets are returning, the kids are not needed to take on as much responsibility and are able to actually watch and learn.
As for Foote, his youth and inexperience at this level was exposed early but he has settled down now, like the other kids. We need to sit back and allow the vets and staff to do their thing with the kids, then we can see how they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad