Prospect Info: 2019-20 Syracuse Crunch & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
How's Katchouk been looking? Stats seem a bit underwhelming, is he still adjusting to pro hockey?
IMO he has been somewhat underwhelming, seems to be trying too hard at times. Is strong on the PK but needs to settle down and start making plays. Very early in his pro development but he has shown signs.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
How good is barre boulet?
He is good and has a chance but he still needs to work. With all Syracuse injuries he is playing a bigger
role on the team. For all the comparisons to Gourde I'm not so sure I see it. Gourde is much more feisty and
in your face, but ABB has much greater offensive skills.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Syracuse is struggling right now. They really need another C since it doesn't look like Lynch is coming back anytime soon. Maybe with Stephens back they'll pick it back up. Conacher has cooled a bit and Andreoff has fallen off a ton. TheyrTh a two line team and the 2nd line is just all Verheaghe. Dumont has no offense to his game anymore and should be in the bottom 6. Katchouk is not playing as well as he should, same for Yan who's sucking, but those guys don't have a good center to play with. Colton is alright but he's not ready yet and isn't offemsoff enough to help those guys. They need to move a Thomas/Tammela or Valleau/Labrie for another top 6 forward.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Syracuse is struggling right now. They really need another C since it doesn't look like Lynch is coming back anytime soon. Maybe with Stephens back they'll pick it back up. Conacher has cooled a bit and Andreoff has fallen off a ton. TheyrTh a two line team and the 2nd line is just all Verheaghe. Dumont has no offense to his game anymore and should be in the bottom 6. Katchouk is not playing as well as he should, same for Yan who's sucking, but those guys don't have a good center to play with. Colton is alright but he's not ready yet and isn't offemsoff enough to help those guys. They need to move a Thomas/Tammela or Valleau/Labrie for another top 6 forward.
TB could flip a 6th/7th round pick for a career AHLer. They don't seem that hard to replenish, especially if you're trading down.

Based on how the ECHL/AHL normally goes, I don't see how Valleau or Tammela alone could draw a top-6 AHL forward.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
TB could flip a 6th/7th round pick for a career AHLer. They don't seem that hard to replenish, especially if you're trading down.

Based on how the ECHL/AHL normally goes, I don't see how Valleau or Tammela alone could draw a top-6 AHL forward.

The Kings are a mess and aren't going anywhere and the Reign also suck. Michael Amedio is a decent bottom 6 forward, top AHL center. He's young so the Kings probably want to keep him as he's cheap but he isn't a guy you refuse to move. Tammela could be a good middle 6 to top 6 AHL forward, just not here with the wing depth. He's still young too so could grow into a depth NHLer. So I think the Kings might be looking to acquire picks to help the rebuild and some young talent. Maybe something around Tammela + 6th for Amedio. Could see a Yan for Amedio where you move a wing for a center especially with Stephens still out. Maybe a bigger deal of Yan + Tammela for Amedio + Scherbek? Syracuse goes for it this year, Kings get a couple of young wingers with another year left on their ELC, Scherbek has been waived several times so don't see him in Kings plans. Maybe we add a pick too to sweeten the deal. The Crunch desperately need another quality center though.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The Kings are a mess and aren't going anywhere and the Reign also suck. Michael Amedio is a decent bottom 6 forward, top AHL center. He's young so the Kings probably want to keep him as he's cheap but he isn't a guy you refuse to move. Tammela could be a good middle 6 to top 6 AHL forward, just not here with the wing depth. He's still young too so could grow into a depth NHLer. So I think the Kings might be looking to acquire picks to help the rebuild and some young talent. Maybe something around Tammela + 6th for Amedio. Could see a Yan for Amedio where you move a wing for a center especially with Stephens still out. Maybe a bigger deal of Yan + Tammela for Amedio + Scherbek? Syracuse goes for it this year, Kings get a couple of young wingers with another year left on their ELC, Scherbek has been waived several times so don't see him in Kings plans. Maybe we add a pick too to sweeten the deal. The Crunch desperately need another quality center though.
from the Bears perspective, moving Hults would be preferable to Tammela. OSB is very thin up front right now. We've got like 3 or 4 forwards we can hang our hats on. Archambault isn't even playing. He was in one game and been injured.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

the Bears signed goalie Clint Windsor. Archambault also officially went on 14-day IR. Since it's retroactive, he'll be eligible to come off as early as Jan 20th.

Other than not bringing the Arch Deluxe back, I can dab on today.

Windsor was a Marlies PTO, so this feels like a Drake signing. There's been no word on Charlie Millen, so we're a 3 goalie team it seems for the first time since 2013-14.

Spencer for Sosunov moves a player from a position of strength (RD) to one of weakness (LD), and it allows a breakup of Brodzinski and Donaghey. Sosunov is a big man and I think he's going to need a lot of development time like Chara, Hedman, etc. did and he's not going to get offensive situations in the AHL right now. I'm not sure why there seems to be either a rush or an underestimation of his offensive potential.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
from the Bears perspective, moving Hults would be preferable to Tammela. OSB is very thin up front right now. We've got like 3 or 4 forwards we can hang our hats on. Archambault isn't even playing. He was in one game and been injured.

Hults has no value though, so he wouldn't fetch us anything Ina trade. Tammela still has some value I think so could get us a better piece. Obviously if the pick is the main piece we send then we could send Hults as just a contract.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
what's your top 10 prospect list looking like at midseason?
surprises? risers? disappointments?

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017

Depends on who you ask. I would have

1.Cal Foote
2.Alex Volkov
3.Taylor Raddysh
4.Boris Katchouk
5.Mitchell Stephens
6.Alex Barre-Boulet
7.Gabriel Fortier
8.Samuel Walker
9.Cole Guttman
10.Ross Colton

Ingram is a good goalie prospect but you never know with goalies

Barre-Boulet has been the biggest surprise being ppg in the ahl and also the biggest riser. Other risers being Walker and Guttman who have had great season in the ncaa.

Masin has been the biggest disappointment for me. This was supposed to be a big year for him but his growth has completely stagnated. Used to think that we would be able to become a third pairing D but can't see him having a nhl future anymore.

Lipanov has been another disappointment having one of the worst seasons I've ever seen in the ohl. He was never that promising of a prospect though so it's fine.

Volkov has also kind of been disappointing. Was expecting and explosion in production this year but it just hasn't come. He still has all the tools to be a top six player in the nhl so I haven't dropped him much.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Hults has no value though, so he wouldn't fetch us anything Ina trade. Tammela still has some value I think so could get us a better piece. Obviously if the pick is the main piece we send then we could send Hults as just a contract.
Hults had 24 pts in 53 games with San Diego last season, including 10 goals. It could be a change of scenery argument or the ECHL pout. Hults shouldn't be rewarded with an AHL callup, but the reasons why TB took on such a large contract make some sense.

TB is also at 49/50 contracts without the slides, so I think they'll want to trade contracts.

7th round picks can also fetch players:
NHL Trade History - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

or even FC's, which is how we got Hults and Pasquale
NHL Trade History - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

1. Cal Foote
2. Alex Barre-Boulet
3. Taylor Raddysh
4. Cole Guttman
5. Carter Verheaghe
6. Sammy Walker
7. Alex Volkov
8. Boris Katchouk
9. Connor Ingram
10. Mitchell Stephens

This is a bit reactionary of this current season. ABB has surprised with how well he's adapted to the pro game while a Katchouk has disappointed. Verheaghe isn't a sexy name but he just gets the job done, probably isn't more than a 4th liner career AHLer but he clearly better then the younger prospects right now. The NCAA kids don't get enough credit but are playing really well for some good schools and producing. They're still teenagers too not like 21-22 like you think most NCAA kids are who are close to ppg. Ingram before getting hurt was looking like he could be pishpus for a backup audition next year. On the disappointing side Volkov has been bad, half his goals are empty netters, think not making the team hurt him as he hasn't played like last year. I wouldn't call Masin a disappointment as he's not expected to be a big point producer, his defensive play is solid he just didn't become this year's Cernak like people wanted. Stephens health is a huge issue for him and has dropped him as he's unrealiable. Fortier has been good this year but I'd like to see a bit more offense, Baie-Comeau is kinda stacked and thought he could push 90 points this year which he still might. To me Yan has been crap. But the worst prospect we have and most disappointing is Lipanov, guys like less than 0.50 ppg as a 19 year old in the CHL, just utterly pathetic. He needs to go to Europe so we can slide his contract and hopefully mutually termites it.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Sammy Walker and Minnesota is playing on the Big Ten Network if you have it. Just scored his 6th goal of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->