Prospect Info: Stockton Heat & All-Purpose Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
After seeing what has gone on in the NHL with the larger goalies having issues with leaky goals why is this such a surprise?

It is rather premature to write off Parsons or Gillies based on how things have gone thus far. It will take time for many goalies to adjust to the new equipment and get their confidence back. If Gillies doesn't make progress by the end of the season then this debate can be had.

Schneider is the best goalie at the moment and nobody would have foreseen that 3 months ago. Despite the above rant the assessment is wrong in that he had put up 3 decent seasons in Stockton where there were few "perimeter muffins" as you called it. While Gillies does need to work on his positioning and mechanics he is quite athletic for a goalie of his size.

Gillies problem didnt just start this year. He's been shaky most games I have seen him even when he was winning. He is almost cooked....say hello to Leland Irving and Joni Ortio

Parsons, I am not sure but based on the last year...he is now more of a suspect than prospect

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Yeah I don’t have much faith in our goalies to be honest.

Is Parsons hurt?

Parsons is good but I feel he relies on the big save too much. He was definitely impressive in pre-season. And he does have that big game ability.

Gillies looks like he’s on his last legs. Just hasn’t improved enough.

Rittich looks great and then not good. Don’t really think he got as many starts as he should have when he was hot. I still think he could be great. But I feel like we need another Rittich next year. Although maybe Mike Smith has another year in him.

Time will tell.

Last edited:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Gotta wonder if Stockton still has enough warm bodies left on the roster in order to ice a team.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
It's no secret Joly's work ethic is bad. Baie-Comeau is preparing for a run at the Cup so they prefer going for it without him.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
It's no secret Joly's work ethic is bad. Baie-Comeau is preparing for a run at the Cup so they prefer going for it without him.
Gotta be more to it than that. You don’t send a kid home because of poor work ethic, you trade him. I feel as there will be more to come on this one.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Gotta be more to it than that. You don’t send a kid home because of poor work ethic, you trade him. I feel as there will be more to come on this one.

It's a long time coming though. They'll probably have a good price for him and flip the picks for other needs.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Joly traded to Victoriaville.

Well... let's say his price was underwhelming. He was traded against a 4th liner and a 3rd pairing defenseman.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Look like Quine was sent down today. I knew it the second he made that pass.....cant do that when you are fighting for a job.

Too bad, I thought he was decent.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Look like Quine was sent down today. I knew it the second he made that pass.....cant do that when you are fighting for a job.

Too bad, I thought he was decent.

It's speculated that it's so Mangiapane can come off the IR, or Peluso to come up for the Nucks game. I hope he's back up soon.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Quine had the typical burst of good play by a call-up. Now that that's over, time to get that from someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad