Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Schneider is killin' it in Stockton

Capture.JPG

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
LIGHTS OUT
"I don't see chances others get as setbacks for me," stresses Kylington. "I'm happy for the guys who've gotten the opportunity to be there. They're great guys and good hockey players.
"You start thinking about things that way and it just messes with your head.
"I think the adversity of being sent down helps me play better here; play more p--ed off, if you can say that. But in the right way. Not in a negative way. I love the organization. Playing (that way), I just play with more edge, to try and help this team win.
"I've been learning so much in the years that I've played here, adding elements to my game.
"You just try and become a more and more complete player, trusting that it'll get you to where you want to be.
"I'm not going to let myself down because I know I'm going to play in the NHL."

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think Oliver will allow us to move Brodie in the off-season if he keeps developing on this trajectory he’s on. We all love Brodie of course, but if Oliver can do the same job while being younger and save us some cap, we would be dumb not to do it. Maybe we could move Brodie and Bennett for Nylander as an example this off-season.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
FUTURE WATCH UPDATE - 26.11.18

A look at how Calgary Flames prospects are doing in their respective leagues

by TORIE PETERSON @ToriePeterson / CalgaryFlames.com
November 26th, 2018

WHL

Milos Roman - Center - Vancouver Giants
12 goals, 11 assists, 23 points in 24 games

OHL

Adam Ruzicka - Centre - Sarnia Sting
7 goals, 18 assists, 25 points in 25 games

QMJHL

D'Artagnan Joly - Right Wing - Baie-Comeau Drakkar
11 goals, 11 assists, 22 points in 26 games
Dmitry Zavgorodniy - Left Wing - Rimouski Oceanic
14 goals, 19 assists, 33 points in 26 games
*Zavgorodniy played for Russia in the Canada-Russia Super Series, posting 2 goals and 3 points in 2 games

USHL

Martin Pospisil - Centre - Sioux City Musketeers
10 goals, 21 assists, 31 points in 17 games

NCAA

Demetrios Koumontzis - Left Wing - Arizona State
1 goal, 6 assists, 7 points in 16 games
Mathias Emilio Pettersen - Centre - Denver
5 goals, 9 assists, 14 points in 12 games
Mitchell Mattsson - Centre - Michigan State
0 goals, 0 assists, 0 points in 5 games

EUROPE

Linus Lindstrom - Centre - Skelleftea (SHL)
1 goal, 0 assists, 1 point in 17 games
Eetu Tuulola - Right Wing - HPK (Liiga)
6 goals, 10 assists, 16 points in 25 games
Filip Sveningsson - Left Wing - IK Oskarshamn (Allsvenskan)
8 goals, 9 assists, 17 points in 21 games

ECHL - KANSAS CITY MAVERICKS

Mason McDonald - Goaltender
7-1-0 with a 2.33 GAA and a .910 save percentage
Zach Fischer - Right Wing
0 goals, 1 assist, 1 point in 7 games

Last edited by a moderator:

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Gillies lays yet another egg with 4 goals on 19 shots. Just a joke at this point that this guy has a 1 way deal next year, he's done.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Gillies lays yet another egg with 4 goals on 19 shots. Just a joke at this point that this guy has a 1 way deal next year, he's done.
Huge disappointment this season and last (talking about his play with the Flames last year). Good thing he got a good education at Providence College. He will probably need it.

Reactions: super6646

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Huge disappointment this season and last (talking about his play with the Flames last year). Good thing he got a good education at Providence College. He will probably need it.

Seriously, wtf happened to him? At least his AHL numbers where decent before, but he's just garbage at this point.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Whatever Smith has was infectious?

With the numbers gillies has been putting up, its making smith look like the vezina winner. He's by far the worst starter in the AHL right now. I'd have rather held on to Ortio then keep gillies around at this point.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Seriously, wtf happened to him? At least his AHL numbers where decent before, but he's just garbage at this point.
The best skill he has is size but he never learned how play goal properly. You can see when he was in the NHL, he was out of position half the time.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Not sure if this was talked about on the Dallas GDT, but the players on the ice for Hathaway's goal (all Stockton graduates) have a collective salary less than James Neal's alone (Backlund too, but Neal sounds better for this purpose).

That is the depth and development that winners are built on! Sounds like some solid players ready to move up and replenish the baby Flames soon as well (Pospisil).

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Not sure if this was talked about on the Dallas GDT, but the players on the ice for Hathaway's goal (all Stockton graduates) have a collective salary less than James Neal's alone (Backlund too, but Neal sounds better for this purpose).

That is the depth and development that winners are built on! Sounds like some solid players ready to move up and replenish the baby Flames soon as well (Pospisil).

Yeah apparently Pospisil can’t pass his college entrance exams... he will likely turn pro next season

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

Well if Mangiapane plays LW on the 4th line, and Valimaki is still out, our entire 4th line and 3rd D pairing are the top lines from last year in the Heat at the start of the season lol.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Plus Rittich if he’s in net.

Not sure how often it happens where an affiliate’s starting lineup all “graduate” together to play for the big club? Probably pretty rare.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site

A look at how Calgary Flames prospects are doing in their respective leagues

by TORIE PETERSON @ToriePeterson / CalgaryFlames.com
November 26th, 2018

WHL

Milos Roman - Center - Vancouver Giants
12 goals, 11 assists, 23 points in 24 games

OHL

Adam Ruzicka - Centre - Sarnia Sting
7 goals, 18 assists, 25 points in 25 games

QMJHL

D'Artagnan Joly - Right Wing - Baie-Comeau Drakkar
11 goals, 11 assists, 22 points in 26 games
Dmitry Zavgorodniy - Left Wing - Rimouski Oceanic
14 goals, 19 assists, 33 points in 26 games
*Zavgorodniy played for Russia in the Canada-Russia Super Series, posting 2 goals and 3 points in 2 games

USHL

Martin Pospisil - Centre - Sioux City Musketeers
10 goals, 21 assists, 31 points in 17 games

NCAA

Demetrios Koumontzis - Left Wing - Arizona State
1 goal, 6 assists, 7 points in 16 games
Mathias Emilio Pettersen - Centre - Denver
5 goals, 9 assists, 14 points in 12 games
Mitchell Mattsson - Centre - Michigan State
0 goals, 0 assists, 0 points in 5 games

EUROPE

Linus Lindstrom - Centre - Skelleftea (SHL)
1 goal, 0 assists, 1 point in 17 games
Eetu Tuulola - Right Wing - HPK (Liiga)
6 goals, 10 assists, 16 points in 25 games
Filip Sveningsson - Left Wing - IK Oskarshamn (Allsvenskan)
8 goals, 9 assists, 17 points in 21 games

ECHL - KANSAS CITY MAVERICKS

Mason McDonald - Goaltender
7-1-0 with a 2.33 GAA and a .910 save percentage
Zach Fischer - Right Wing
0 goals, 1 assist, 1 point in 7 games

Just realized that Ruzicka, Roman, Pospisil are likely the Slovakia WJC team's top 3 centers, gives a lot to watch for with that team.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Plus Rittich if he’s in net.

Not sure how often it happens where an affiliate’s starting lineup all “graduate” together to play for the big club? Probably pretty rare.

The other oddity is the goalies they signed as FA, Rittic, Schneider are better than the goalies they drafted, Gillies, Macdonald, and Parsons.

Flames should fire their amateur goaltending scouts if they have one.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Stockton won 4-2 against the Reign. Dube with 2 Assists. Foo a goal and an assist and Schneider with 2 goals on 29 shots.

Reactions: Nanuuk

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

He was never that great. I said it back when he was in the NCAA that he had inflated stats blocking 25 perimeter muffins a game- I remember people laughing at me for thinking Mason McDonald had more upside.

The change to goalie equipment rules has taken away his lone advantage - his size.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016

After seeing what has gone on in the NHL with the larger goalies having issues with leaky goals why is this such a surprise?

It is rather premature to write off Parsons or Gillies based on how things have gone thus far. It will take time for many goalies to adjust to the new equipment and get their confidence back. If Gillies doesn't make progress by the end of the season then this debate can be had.

He was never that great. I said it back when he was in the NCAA that he had inflated stats blocking 25 perimeter muffins a game- I remember people laughing at me for thinking Mason McDonald had more upside.

The change to goalie equipment rules has taken away his lone advantage - his size.

Schneider is the best goalie at the moment and nobody would have foreseen that 3 months ago. Despite the above rant the assessment is wrong in that he had put up 3 decent seasons in Stockton where there were few "perimeter muffins" as you called it. While Gillies does need to work on his positioning and mechanics he is quite athletic for a goalie of his size.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Mangiapane comes straight up if/when Dube gets sent down.

Kylington has been knocking on the door, just wish he had a better camp, though. This fanbase would have a collective aneurysm if both Brodie and Kylington were dressing for a game
Kylington-Brodie top pairing lets get it boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->